Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baz's Culture Clash.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tellyboxboy

Shane10 wrote: »
    its just how low can you go without the other fellas. useless.

Have to disagree with you dude. Even subscribed to this just to vent my anger. I loved it. I think you're just not getting it. Not watching it properly. Ok so yer man is way too energetic at times but I honestly think its cause he is genuinely excited. At least he's an emotionally honest presenter. Better than most of the other cardboard cuttouts on RTE. Thought it was clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Yeah i have to agree. Good show tonight and very funny in parts! roadkill guy was not right in the head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Have to disagree with you dude. Even subscribed to this just to vent my anger. I loved it. I think you're just not getting it. Not watching it properly. Ok so yer man is way too energetic at times but I honestly think its cause he is genuinely excited. At least he's an emotionally honest presenter. Better than most of the other cardboard cuttouts on RTE. Thought it was clever.

:rolleyes: Looks at post count :rolleyes:

Next week on Baz's culture shock.......... you won't believe my crazy antics as I infiltrate an online forum......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tellyboxboy

mikom wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Looks at post count :rolleyes:

Next week on Baz's culture shock.......... you won't believe my crazy antics as I infiltrate an online forum......

Sussed! Actually I'm head of RTE2 and I'm trying to drag a few more viewers onto my ailing channel.

Little bit paranoid there Mikom......sitting in a dark room for far too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sussed! Actually I'm head of RTE2 and I'm trying to drag a few more viewers onto my ailing channel.

Well get back to work and commission something worth watching rather than something Louis theroux's child would make on lunch break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sup Baz. Show was very different. Frozen heads of dears would not be my favourite thing to watch though either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 REAL LIFE HOOD

baz rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittycancan

nah... Sorry but just not entertaining.

Why is he being driven around, can he not drive or does he feel that he is too good for driving.

How many people are filming with him! It just looks like a couple of people set these situations up for him and he has no clue whats going on and trying to look like a happy spa about it. half ar**d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I never used to like this Baz guy but with this new show it's made me change my mind. It's better than most other shlte on RTE these days anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

This guy is just not funny.His constant mugging and face pulling makes me want to punch him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Enjoyed last nights show. Baz is kinda like your annoying mate sometimes you'd like to punch him but you know he's harmless and doesn't mean to be getting on your tits.

You really have to be in form for him if your anyway in bad form he's not the man you should be watchin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He's a very limited presenter working on a misleading title. The show has been rubbish for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 heaney93

whats the name of that song on the show last night, that sounds like it skips , it was on when he was on the moped with your man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Aidric wrote: »
    He's a very limited presenter working on a misleading title.

I agree, unless "Culture Clash" now means "Cheap, nasty Irish TV show misses point of the original shows it's shamlessly stealing ideas from; and instead of observing and discussing different lifestyles and cultures in a wry fashion, simply mocks participants in a smug, 'look, arent these strange people silly?' fashion, by sniggering and mugging behind their backs."

I'm never in favour of importing when a product of equal standard can be produced at home, but in this case, clearly it cannot, so they really should just have saved the ould few bob, left our mate Baz hoping for a re-commission of Failte Towers, and bought in Dawn Porter's 'documentaries' that she did for the beeb instead.

Granted, they're rubbish as well, but they weren't half as shoddy, insulting or smug as this childish arsery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 demail

Maybe in the next series Baz could look into the subset of society that gets their jollys from bitching and moaning on the internet?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

might be a somewhat better show with a half decent presenter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

basquille wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a man so in love with himself as this Baz lad?! :eek:

I could be wrong but i'm fairly sure the word "smarmy" was invented just for him.

Advertisement