Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baz's Culture Clash.

Options
  • 14-09-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭

First show kicks off tonight. I don't really get why this guy is still on the TV to be honest, so it'd be fair to say I'm skeptical about this latest effort. I suppose it'll depend on the other people in the show, they might carry the programme for him. All will be revealed!! :)

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You thought Jason Byrne's show was bad?

Have you ever seen a man so in love with himself as this Baz lad?! :eek:

Christ, RTE's re-launched comedy night is as funny as a kick to the balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

It doesn't seem as bad as the umltimatum to me.... But that Yogi guy is off his head.

"You're smarter than the average bear Yogi!"

WHAT?!

I'm sorry but this Baz lad is sending me into red hot flashes of rage... and lust... with a bit of rage.... with a bit more lust! :D

He reminds me of Ray Shah mixed with Ray Darcy in a blender full of smugness, grey hair and just sheer bastardness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

basquille wrote: »

Christ, RTE's re-launched comedy night is as funny as a kick to the balls!

...or a kick in the baby maker.

What is this show actually about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Without watching it, I'm going to say that RTE's rebranded comedy night will include a father ted re-run or if not they will slip some in very soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

"Voiceover comments." *Cut to computer screen typing what he just said into a search engine*

I ****ing hate you RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

its shockingly bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Without watching it, I'm going to say that RTE's rebranded comedy night will include a father ted re-run or if not they will slip some in very soon

I hope so.

I want to see this sound woman try explaining this crap to my physics lecturer...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

amacachi wrote: »
    I ****ing hate you RTÉ.

+1
    This "comedy" night is a shambles. How much did this show cost to make, they had to send Baz & his camera crew to America to make this. I remember about 10 years ago they used to do the same thing on Mondays, but it worked back then. You had 70's show, Friends, Don't feed the gondolas, Fr. Ted and a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i remember seeing some show ages were he got plastic surgery on his ears cause they stuck out to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

RTE, people don't actually like personalty tv,stop it stop it, well maybe women do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Louis Theroux he ain't...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

God it was terrible. The 2 minutes I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

It's basically filler. Trying to fill in a time slot with a cheap RTE star. Felt embarrassed for him and everyone involved when I saw it for 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭puppy cat

I'm not a huge fan of watching anything put out by RTE to be perfectly honest so I'm not even going to pretend I saw the show in question.

However, as my mum always says, if you've nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. Some folks on here could do with taking that little bit of advice on board.

Do any of you personally know Baz? How would you feel if he was your friend or your brother?

I met Baz ages and ages ago through someone I knew at the time and I have to say he was a lovely down to earth fella, and so polite too, which was kind of unheard of at the time. I'm sure he is still a lovely polite guy as manners stay with you and he was obviously very well brought up.

I find it a bit disconcerting to read some of the comments here and I can only imagine how I would feel if I was on TV and people said nasty, impolite things about me.

People, opinion is one thing, but if you've nothing nice to say then maybe say nothing at all.

End of rant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Those of us with TV licenses paid for this shìte. We're entitled to complain. And no one else met him. All we have to go by is the persona he chooses to portray on tv. And it's a persona that's not particularly likable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

puppy cat wrote: »
    However, as my mum always says, if you've nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. Some folks on here could do with taking that little bit of advice on board. Do any of you personally know Baz? How would you feel if he was your friend or your brother?

He is paid (whether directly or indirectly) by RTE.... i.e. taxpayers. Therefore he is fair game. I have nothing against him personally, but I dont think anybody should be paid for shouting at a camera and being "mad". Just shows how devoid this country is of natural comic talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

The funny thing sbout it was that this "documentary" was funnier than Jason Byrnes quiz. Especially the bit at the end - beating up the punchbag.

Old woman goes "I fu*king hate you, you c*nt you c*nt you c**ksucker. You really piss me off"

Crotchety..

Take heed of our charter, especially this point:
    Foul language and cursing is not allowed on this forum. Anyone swearing and using foul language will be infracted and banned for repeat offences. Using fonts to get around the swear filter will also result in action being taken by a mod.

Please don't try this again!

• Advertisement

Sorry. No problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

How would you feel if he was your friend or your brother?
    Like I wanted to punch him in the face.

I don't thnk Baz is a comedian - he's a presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittycancan

I've only joined this site to vent some frustration over RTE. They take the saying "no such thing as an original idea" to the extreme.

How can these show's be passed off as entertainment. How low can you go? with the three guys was great. But he on his own being "MAD" doesn't work. This is just embarrasing. We've seen it all before done by English TV but done better. Embarrassing!

Jason Byrne is so uncomfortable to watch, why oh why are the given the same show were the presenter's are "MAD".

The money squandered on this is nearly as bad as the FAS scandal!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I'm not a huge fan of watching anything put out by RTE to be perfectly honest so I'm not even going to pretend I saw the show in question.

However, as my mum always says, if you've nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. Some folks on here could do with taking that little bit of advice on board.

Do any of you personally know Baz? How would you feel if he was your friend or your brother?

I met Baz ages and ages ago through someone I knew at the time and I have to say he was a lovely down to earth fella, and so polite too, which was kind of unheard of at the time. I'm sure he is still a lovely polite guy as manners stay with you and he was obviously very well brought up.

I find it a bit disconcerting to read some of the comments here and I can only imagine how I would feel if I was on TV and people said nasty, impolite things about me.

People, opinion is one thing, but if you've nothing nice to say then maybe say nothing at all.

the guys a chancer, he knows it, he'll take less offence to criticism then you would, he doesn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Ya whatever!!!!!!

Im paying for this crap so he could be as kind as Jesus for all i care, all i want is to be entertained and watching this and can honestly say its way off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

its just how low can you go without the other fellas. useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I think this is good tonight.

Not terrible anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thought it was absolutely hilarious tbh.:D

Way better than that horrific apprentice after-show anyway!

Advertisement