Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mossad spies operating inside Ireland?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Are the Israelis working on kiosks a Mossad front as it has been alluded elsewhere? I'm not so sure myself, perhaps. I don't live in Ireland, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these guys? I can't imagine why they would want to spy in Ireland other than to gather dirt to use for blackmail.

Dead Sea Products is one of the most noticeable Israeli cosmetic companies operating in Ireland at present, having stalls in several Irish supermarkets, often staffed by ex-Israeli soldiers.
    http://www.palestinechronicle.com/news.php?id=77ebe40f65de1e06d68011097734418f&mode=details

The report puts the at the Jervis Centre, which is just over a mile or only a couple of minutes drive from Government Buildings.

To: Jervis Street Shopping Centre, Dublin
    Distance: 1.30 miles (Show in Km)
    Time: 0 hr 3 min
    http://www.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/

To put all this into some context here are some quotes from an recent article by Wayne Madsen.

Wayne Madsen Biography:

Madsen has some twenty years experience in security issues. As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation.

WMR has learned that one such kiosk operates at the MacArthur Center Mall in Norfolk, Virginia, where a number of U.S. Navy personnel from the nearby naval bases are regularly confronted by aggressive young Israelis selling Dead Sea cosmetic products who inquire about where the personnel are stationed and the nature of their jobs. Young Israeli women working at the kiosk also appear to want to strike up a closer relationship with some of the naval personnel.

The use of young Israelis, many of whom continue to serve in a reserve status with the Israel Defense Force, as intelligence agents, has changed somewhat over the past decade. Young Israeli “art students” first conducted unsolicited visits to the homes and offices of federal and military employees trying to sell cheap Chinese-made bogus Israeli artwork while casing neighborhoods and office buildings.

Israeli-operated mall kiosks have transitioned from selling toys to cosmetics.

On August 7, 2005, WMR reported: In November 2001, the INS arrested several Israelis, including some with military backgrounds, selling Puzzle Car and Zoom Copter toys from shopping mall kiosks and vending carts. Many of the malls were located near U.S. government facilities, including the Pentagon and CIA. A majority of the Israelis, arrested for visa violations instead of espionage, worked for a Florida-based company called Quality Sales. A spokesman for the company admitted the company hired vacationing Israeli students but they had the wrong visas.

The spokesman also revealed the Israelis were deemed “special interest” cases by INS-- a new government designation applied to terrorism suspects in the wake of 911. Federal authorities suspect the Israelis were using the kiosks as intelligence fronts in the same manner that Israelis were using door-to-door art sales as covers. The National Counterintelligence Center (NCIX) stated in a report issued in March 2001 that, “In the past six weeks, employees in federal office buildings located throughout the United States have reported suspicious activities connected with individuals representing themselves as foreign students selling or delivering artwork. Employees have observed both males and females attempting to bypass facility security and enter federal buildings.” The report was temporarily removed from the NCIX web site.

One of the malls where the Israeli”toy sellers” based their operations was the Pentagon City Mall, just across Interstate 395 from the Pentagon. In July 2004, the mall served as the rendezvous point for alleged Israeli Pentagon spy Larry Franklin and Keith Weissman, an AIPAC official. Franklin warned Weissman that Iranian agents were going to start attacking American soldiers and Israeli agents in Iraq. Weissman then went to brief the account of the meeting to Steve Rosen, another senior AIPAC official.

They both informed the Israeli embassy in Washington and Glenn Kessler, a reporter for The Washington Post. Those phone calls were being wiretapped by the FBI as part of its investigation of a major Israeli spy ring in the United States, an investigation that had been going on since before the 9/11 attacks. The FBI was also monitoring meetings between Franklin, Weissman, and Rosen, including one held in February 2003 at the Arlington, Virginia, Ritz-Carlton hotel, which adjoins the Pentagon City Mall.

In February 2005, an Israeli man named Ohad Cohen was deported, along with four other Israelis, from Omaha, Nebraska. In what was becoming a common occurrence in the United States, a total of 10 Israelis, who were working at shopping mall kiosks in the Omaha and Lincoln areas, were deported by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials for illegally working in the United States on tourist visas.

The Israelis operated out of Omaha’s Oak View Mall and Lincoln’s Gateway Westfield Mall. The Federal government probe was reported to be part of a wider probe of Israeli shopping mall kiosk activity throughout the Midwest. In December 2004, FBI and immigration officers arrested 15 Israelis in Minnesota and three operating from a mall kiosk in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Omaha is also the headquarters of the U.S. Air Force Strategic Air Command (SAC).
    http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/printer_4821.shtml

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Are the Israelis working on kiosks a Mossad front as it has been alluded elsewhere? I'm not so sure myself, perhaps. I don't live in Ireland, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these guys? I can't imagine why they would want to spy in Ireland other than to gather dirt to use for blackmail.

Dead Sea Products is one of the most noticeable Israeli cosmetic companies operating in Ireland at present, having stalls in several Irish supermarkets, often staffed by ex-Israeli soldiers.
    http://www.palestinechronicle.com/news.php?id=77ebe40f65de1e06d68011097734418f&mode=details

Um Military service is mandatory in Israeli, suggesting that there's something suspicious about Israelis being former military personal is utterly pointless.

The report puts the at the Jervis Centre, which is just over a mile or only a couple of minutes drive from Government Buildings.

Jesus wept. Geography is a now a factor! Can you honestly tell me how a stall in the Jervis centre is used to spy on the Dail?

To put all this into some context here are some quotes from an recent article by Wayne Madsen.

Wayne Madsen Biography:

Madsen has some twenty years experience in security issues. As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation.

WMR has learned that one such kiosk operates at the MacArthur Center Mall in Norfolk, Virginia, where a number of U.S. Navy personnel from the nearby naval bases are regularly confronted by aggressive young Israelis selling Dead Sea cosmetic products who inquire about where the personnel are stationed and the nature of their jobs. Young Israeli women working at the kiosk also appear to want to strike up a closer relationship with some of the naval personnel.

The use of young Israelis, many of whom continue to serve in a reserve status with the Israel Defense Force, as intelligence agents, has changed somewhat over the past decade. Young Israeli “art students” first conducted unsolicited visits to the homes and offices of federal and military employees trying to sell cheap Chinese-made bogus Israeli artwork while casing neighborhoods and office buildings.

Israeli-operated mall kiosks have transitioned from selling toys to cosmetics.

On August 7, 2005, WMR reported: In November 2001, the INS arrested several Israelis, including some with military backgrounds, selling Puzzle Car and Zoom Copter toys from shopping mall kiosks and vending carts. Many of the malls were located near U.S. government facilities, including the Pentagon and CIA. A majority of the Israelis, arrested for visa violations instead of espionage, worked for a Florida-based company called Quality Sales. A spokesman for the company admitted the company hired vacationing Israeli students but they had the wrong visas.

The spokesman also revealed the Israelis were deemed “special interest” cases by INS-- a new government designation applied to terrorism suspects in the wake of 911. Federal authorities suspect the Israelis were using the kiosks as intelligence fronts in the same manner that Israelis were using door-to-door art sales as covers. The National Counterintelligence Center (NCIX) stated in a report issued in March 2001 that, “In the past six weeks, employees in federal office buildings located throughout the United States have reported suspicious activities connected with individuals representing themselves as foreign students selling or delivering artwork. Employees have observed both males and females attempting to bypass facility security and enter federal buildings.” The report was temporarily removed from the NCIX web site.

One of the malls where the Israeli”toy sellers” based their operations was the Pentagon City Mall, just across Interstate 395 from the Pentagon. In July 2004, the mall served as the rendezvous point for alleged Israeli Pentagon spy Larry Franklin and Keith Weissman, an AIPAC official. Franklin warned Weissman that Iranian agents were going to start attacking American soldiers and Israeli agents in Iraq. Weissman then went to brief the account of the meeting to Steve Rosen, another senior AIPAC official.

They both informed the Israeli embassy in Washington and Glenn Kessler, a reporter for The Washington Post. Those phone calls were being wiretapped by the FBI as part of its investigation of a major Israeli spy ring in the United States, an investigation that had been going on since before the 9/11 attacks. The FBI was also monitoring meetings between Franklin, Weissman, and Rosen, including one held in February 2003 at the Arlington, Virginia, Ritz-Carlton hotel, which adjoins the Pentagon City Mall.

In February 2005, an Israeli man named Ohad Cohen was deported, along with four other Israelis, from Omaha, Nebraska. In what was becoming a common occurrence in the United States, a total of 10 Israelis, who were working at shopping mall kiosks in the Omaha and Lincoln areas, were deported by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials for illegally working in the United States on tourist visas.

The Israelis operated out of Omaha’s Oak View Mall and Lincoln’s Gateway Westfield Mall. The Federal government probe was reported to be part of a wider probe of Israeli shopping mall kiosk activity throughout the Midwest. In December 2004, FBI and immigration officers arrested 15 Israelis in Minnesota and three operating from a mall kiosk in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Omaha is also the headquarters of the U.S. Air Force Strategic Air Command (SAC).
    http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/printer_4821.shtml

What in the same of bleeding jesus does the above have to do with the Jervis center?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

Diogenes wrote: »

What in the same of bleeding jesus does the above have to do with the Jervis center?

I'll summarise for you.

• Dead Sea Products is one of the most noticeable Israeli cosmetic companies operating in Ireland at present, having stalls in several Irish supermarkets, often staffed by ex-Israeli soldiers.
    • Federal authorities suspect the Israelis were using the kiosks as intelligence fronts
    • Israeli-operated mall kiosks have transitioned from selling toys to cosmetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I'll summarise for you.

• Dead Sea Products is one of the most noticeable Israeli cosmetic companies operating in Ireland at present, having stalls in several Irish supermarkets, often staffed by ex-Israeli soldiers.
    • Federal authorities suspect the Israelis were using the kiosks as intelligence fronts
    • Israeli-operated mall kiosks have transitioned from selling toys to cosmetics.

Actually I'm not going to bother responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Holy ****!
    Immigrants!

And look at the amount of Polish!
    They must be up to something!

So you're just accusing these Israelis of being spies based on what exactly?
    That they're Israeli?

Yea dude it's Dublin.
    Everything is only a few minutes from Merrion Square.

There's a ton of Chinese owned shops much closer to Merrion Square.
    Does that mean those Chinese people are insidious Communist spies?

I'll summarise for you.

[*]Dead Sea Products is one of the most noticeable Israeli cosmetic companies operating in Ireland at present, having stalls in several Irish supermarkets, often staffed by ex-Israeli soldiers.

And as I mentioned, 99% of all Israeli citizens have had a degree of military service. So this is a completely pointless claim.
    [*]Federal authorities suspect the Israelis were using the kiosks as intelligence fronts

And where is your evidence that the stall in the Jervis centre is an intelligence centre.
    [*]Israeli-operated mall kiosks have transitioned from selling toys to cosmetics.

Wait. Jewish people are ENGAGING IN COMMERCE! DUM DUM DUM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

King Mob wrote: »
    Holy ****!
    Immigrants!

And look at the amount of Polish!
    They must be up to something!

There just here eating are swans apart from that there grand. Why on earth would mossad want to spy on us aprt from finding out how not to run a country I cant think of anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Jesus wept. Geography is a now a factor! Can you honestly tell me how a stall in the Jervis centre is used to spy on the Dail?

You're so never gonna make a spy dude.

squod wrote: »

So then how does one spy on the Dail from Jervis Street Shopping centre?

Or more importantly how does Israeli people having a business in Dublin make them spies?

There's a ton of Chinese businesses in Dublin, some much closer to the Dail.
    Are they spies?

So that'd be a "No" then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

if mossad are working in ireland they are more then likely keeping an eye on muslims and arabs.
    I cant see why they would be spying in ireland unless they were on a joint operation with mi5.

but who cares?

Have you a reason to worry?

Are you a terrorist?

• Advertisement

Incidently "Black Uhlan" was the nickname of Max Schmeling. A German heavyweight boxer, who served in the Fallschirmjäger, the Nazi paratroopers. So one has to wonder why exactly this user seems so obsessed with Jews.

Ironically Schmeling wasn't a supporter of the Nazi regime regime and actually rescued two jewish children.

So then how does one spy on the Dail from Jervis Street Shopping centre?

Or more importantly how does Israeli people having a business in Dublin make them spies?

There's a ton of Chinese businesses in Dublin, some much closer to the Dail.
    Are they spies?

You could ask a member of the world's best counter intellegence agencies a question like that. I suggest you stroll over to the jervis centre tomorrow.
    I hear Mossad are opperating there.

mega man wrote: »
    if mossad are working in ireland they are more then likely keeping an eye on muslims and arabs.
    I cant see why they would be spying in ireland unless they were on a joint operation with mi5.

but who cares?

Have you a reason to worry?

Are you a terrorist?

Aha, at last a person with sense. Yep having a group like Mossad on our soil might indicate that there are potentially things to worry about. I for one don't want any dodgey carrying on.

You could ask a member of the world's best counter intellegence agencies a question like that. I suggest you stroll over to the jervis centre tomorrow.
    I hear Mossad are opperating there.

So they're not spying in Jervis they're engaging in "counter intellegence" (sic)?

So they're not spying in Jervis they're engaging in "counter intellegence" (sic)?

Who knows. You'd have to ask them. BTW before you do it's probably only polite to by some crap first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Aha, at last a person with sense. Yep having a group like Mossad on our soil might indicate that there are potentially things to worry about. I for one don't want any dodgey carrying on.

Yes we need to be careful squod i hear they have claws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5McvSpcUIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭weiss

hmm, i know a guy living in ireland who once trained mossad agents, but i doubt he's working in dublin at the moment.

Incidently "Black Uhlan" was the nickname of Max Schmeling. A German heavyweight boxer, who served in the Fallschirmjäger, the Nazi paratroopers. So one has to wonder why exactly this user seems so obsessed with Jews.

Ironically Schmeling wasn't a supporter of the Nazi regime regime and actually rescued two jewish children.

Incidentally Diogenes was a philosopher. That doesn't make you intelligent though.

That was dirty trick. Your just mud slinging hoping some of it will stick. Despite your contradiction in the very same post.
    ronically Schmeling wasn't a supporter of the Nazi regime regime and actually rescued two jewish children.

I'm not trying to prove anything, just speculating. If it was the case it wouldn't neccessarily be anything sinister they may be tracking terrorist suspects.

weiss wrote: »
    hmm, i know a guy living in ireland who once trained mossad agents, but i doubt he's working in dublin at the moment.

was it the Krav Magra guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭weiss

could be :)
    i guess there are quite a number of MA guys living in ireland who trained intelligence agencies and police forces around the world.

There is an irish fella in my local town who spent time in US and Iraq training with various security companies and Blackwater mercenaries, although he didn't like what he saw there and came back.

sorry for going OT..

• Advertisement

So you're just accusing these Israelis of being spies based on what exactly?
    That they're Israeli?

Its not about their nationality it is about a precedence that was set in the US before and after 9/11 of an extensive Mossad spy ring that was in operation who posed as art students, and sold toys from kiosks in malls as a front for their spying operations.

These kiosks have apparently now evolved into cosmetics from the dead sea kiosks which is what you have in the Jervis Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

These kiosks have apparently now evolved into cosmetics from the dead sea kiosks which is what you have in the Jervis Centre

Is there any link between the toy kiosks, and the dead sea cosmetics ones? I don't doubt Mossad do have agents in Ireland, I just can't see why you suspect Dead Sea Cosmetics specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Undergod wrote: »
    Is there any link between the toy kiosks, and the dead sea cosmetics ones? I don't doubt Mossad do have agents in Ireland, I just can't see why you suspect Dead Sea Cosmetics specifically.
    Because they don't sell anything. Sheesh dude didn't you ever read alex rider ;) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

They have 3 mos sad agents in Ireland.

Its not about their nationality it is about a precedence that was set in the US before and after 9/11 of an extensive Mossad spy ring that was in operation who posed as art students, and sold toys from kiosks in malls as a front for their spying operations.

Really cause you haven't provided a shred of evidence to back up your accusation other than their nationality.

So you can see why people might think you are judging them purely on that.
    So?
    This proves what exactly?

Again ton of Chinese businesses in Dublin.
    Why aren't they Commie spies?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Banned for 1 month. Neither the OP not his/her user name are the topic for discussion in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Slugs wrote: »
    Because they don't sell anything. Sheesh dude didn't you ever read alex rider ;) :P

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean!

Are the Israelis working on kiosks a Mossad front as it has been alluded elsewhere? I'm not so sure myself, perhaps.
    Really cause you haven't provided a shred of evidence to back up your accusation other than their nationality

King Mob, Black Ulhan's post above looks more like a question than an accusation?

Incidentally Diogenes was a philosopher. That doesn't make you intelligent though.

That was dirty trick. Your just mud slinging hoping some of it will stick. Despite your contradiction in the very same post.

If you have a problem with a post report it and dont engage it,

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    King Mob, Black Ulhan's post above looks more like a question than an accusation?
    6th, in fairness it's a very very pointed question.

Advertisement