Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chamonix

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

You'll find piste maps here http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/presentation_domaines.php
    The Aiguille du Midi is all off piste terrain. Best area for easy skiing is Domaine de Balme. Take bus to Le Tour. There is some lovely easy skiing on the Grands Montets too in the trees.
    Check here every morning if you can for lift status before making a decision where to go
    http://www.chamonet.com/lift-system/chamonix-real-time-lift-status.htm
    I was in Chamonix last week and there was up to a meter of fresh snow up high. Lower runs got hit with a lot of rain, but I believe Domaine de Balme was good last weekend as it got a foot of snow on Thursday and Friday. Weather is set to remain cold so snow should last.
    Chambre Neuf is a must for Apres Ski. There is a great little basement restaurant, great value, small door beside Le Pub on the main street which does great pizza and a whole lot more, the duck was divine.

+ 1 for Le Tour- loads of wide easy and long ish runs- you can go over the back into Switzerland or down into Vallorcine
    Grand Montets shouldn't be too busy either but get there early to avoid queues or else go around 10.30/11 it can take a while to get the cable car up- there is a chair as an alternative from the bottom followed by another and another but it can be cold
    +1 for Chambre Neuf- great spot
    Try MBC - a little micro brew place, lots of locals.
    Les Houches back down the valley can be quieter and has good skiing/ boarding- depends on snow cover as they have had a good bit of rain of late, they are a few hundred metres lower down

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

Is there a free shuttle bus to get to those different areas or is there a train you get? I have the full ski pass. How long to get to that Le Tour place? Is that the furthest area away from the centre or Chamonix?

Thanks for all the info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

acurno wrote: »
    Is there a free shuttle bus to get to those different areas or is there a train you get? I have the full ski pass. How long to get to that Le Tour place? Is that the furthest area away from the centre or Chamonix?

Yeah the resort bus free. You can also get the train up the valley, you can use it to get to Argientre ( Les Grands Montets). La Tour is the area furthest from Chamonix town centre. It doent take too long to get from Chamonix to La Tour, its just that the bus' can get very busy in the morning and evening.

Im off to Chamonix on Sunday and I cant wait.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

acurno wrote: »

Yeah the resort bus free. You can also get the train up the valley, you can use it to get to Argientre ( Les Grands Montets). La Tour is the area furthest from Chamonix town centre. It doent take too long to get from Chamonix to La Tour, its just that the bus' can get very busy in the morning and evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Lucky sod
    I am off on the 20th, counting down the days and just booked another trip for Patricks day to weekend after!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement