Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Betting thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Sale vs Cardiff tonight. Cardiff 11/10 to win outright on brooks. I know Cardiff haven't been their best but Sale have been rubbish this season - get it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

6/4 on betfair
    on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

soundsham wrote: »
    6/4 on betfair
    on it too

Cardiff have a lot of injuries and reports of the flu doing the rounds earlier in the week.

Thought Cardiff were flattered by last weeks score and they've been awful in the ML.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Last weeks result for Treviso was probably flattering alright, I still can't really see Munster putting 32 points+ on them though. Munster will play for their bonus point and completely relax after that, probably make a rake of substitions and lose all shape, hopefully conceeding a few points. With Flannery and Hayes out the Munster scrum and lineout should be fairly weakened too, hopefully limiting their scoring or at least slowing it down. If I had to call an exact score I'd be expecting Munster by 20-25pts.

Cardiff have been as bad in the ML as Sale have been in the GP so I dont think I'd be entirely comfortable betting on them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I reckon Charlie 'reliable under pressure' Hodgson could have another howler on the back of returning from injury - I'm hoping anyway! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

looks a bad call rush is out but gethin jenkins returns
    now 15/8 though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I like Cardiff now @ 11/2. 8pts down but capable having watched them vastly improve this second half.

Don't want to aftertime but I got a better price before Powell's try. 11/2 now I think is a great price. 58th minute, 24-16 Sale.

8-10 wrote: »
    I like Cardiff now @ 11/2. 8pts down but capable having watched them vastly improve this second half.

Don't want to aftertime but I got a better price before Powell's try. 11/2 now I think is a great price. 58th minute, 24-16 Sale.

Unlucky there bud. Better game then I thought it would be. Hopeless refing once again from a frenchman.

Unlucky there bud. Better game then I thought it would be. Hopeless refing once again from a frenchman.

I only had a small bit on, just thought I'd share the price as they'd been playing very well up to the try, 75% of second half possession I believe, and still a decent price after the score.

I think they were unlucky, one of Sale's tries was a bit dubious. But at 24-9 down I'm sure they would have taken the bonus point.

My big bet this weekend remains Leinster, Ulster and Ospreys @ roughly 6/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

That Munster bet is looking fairly decent right about now, lets hope I'm not speaking too soon...

Brive to score less than 17.5pts @ 6/5 against Leinster is tempting me at the moment before that game kicks off, given Brives bad scoring record this season and Leinsters fairly solid defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

good god that +32 was jammy in the end :eek:.

I was hoping that ogara had a bet on the +32 when he went for that conversion at the end.

relying on brive now +6 for the double

I like the look of under 39 points in the Quins game.

Toulouse tend to be the arch minimalists when playing away. Quins dont score much or concede many and Toulouse tend to play a much more forward orientated game when playing abroad

robbie1977 wrote: »
    good god that +32 was jammy in the end :eek:.

I was hoping that ogara had a bet on the +32 when he went for that conversion at the end.

relying on brive now +6 for the double

Never got any run for my money with brive at all.
    god some of their players are brain dead.
    I was'nt in the changing room at half time but it would'nt take a brain surgeon figure out that the manager must of said stop giving away so many penaltys.
    1 minute and 20 seconds into the second halfand they had given away another 2 penaltys.

Went back down and backed toulose -5.

why they did'nt take a shot at goal with the 82nd minute with the penalty l dont know :confused:.it was the last kick of the game.
    they got the penalty just before that from further out so the ball was gona dead if he missed.

ah sometimes when your luck is out its just out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

robbie1977 wrote: »
    why did'nt take a shot at goal in the 82nd minute with the penalty l dont know :confused:.it was the last kick of the game.
    :(

If they kick goes short/left/right and is kept in play then it's still alive and Quins can counter. No reason to kick the points as Quins still got a losing BP even if Toulouse kicked them. Booting it out and ending the game was the best option.

Frustrating for you though! Unlucky.

pwhite587 wrote: »
    If they kick goes short/left/right and is kept in play then it's still alive and Quins can counter. No reason to kick the points as Quins still got a losing BP even if Toulouse kicked them. Booting it out and ending the game was the best option.

Frustrating for you though! Unlucky.

+1 just talking through my pocket.

heres hoping they lose the group by point difference by 3 points tho .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I'm going with Stade to beat Bath. Stade are targetting the HEC this season (final in Paris) and are in great from since saking the coaches a few weeks ago. Bath have not been so good.

Bump

Anyone fancy Ireland to beat the Aussies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

A £30 double at 3.65 of Ireland - 20 and New Zealand - 13

Argentina +9.5pts. They're usually tough opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

PP have odds up for this weekends Ire v SA match and SA are 4-6 with Ire 5-4. SA -3pts 10-11.

I have been thinking of this match for the past week and have been waiting for the prices to go up. South Africa should win this and I will take the 4-6 if it is the best price available but feel someone will go at least 8-11 or possible 4-5. There is no doubt that they have the better team and they are looking like the bet of the weekend already.

• Advertisement

Theres been alot of talk about tiredness in the SA camp and people saying alot of their players have played too many games this season. They rely more on physical domination then most teams so that along with a few niggly injuries and it takes away thier edge. They also havn't beaten Ireland in Ireland for a while with Ireland winning the last few matches.

They will be up for this match though because most of the Irish players were with the Lions and I expect there could be some fireworks on the pitch. :D

Ireland will have improved from the Aussis game and play with a more solid scrum and compete better at the breakdown. How much of an improvment is yet to be seen.

I'll wait to see the teams before I do any bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭whocares86

I am just wondering what odds you will get on Ireland & Wales & France all winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

whocares86 wrote: »
    I am just wondering what odds you will get on Ireland & Wales & France all winning

On Betfair it is paying 17/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭makker

Ireland vs. South Africa

Just looking at oddschecker last night and there were some bookies going 10\11 on either Ireland or South Africa to win.

As much as I hate to bet against Ireland my head is telling me South Africa are going to win

I think that they will dominate the scrum, will probably steal some of our lineout ball, and Brussow could have a fruitful day stealing a lot of ball at the ruck.

Obviously there are areas in the park where we are better than them but up front I think they have the edge and that is where most games are won or lost

I hope I'm proved incorrect as would love to see Ireland win but 10\11 for the Boxs to win seems overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya I fancy SA and NZ are also a good price at around 8-11. Nice double SA and NZ

Australia are good value against Wales. They'll really be up for this and have easily the more talented team. Wales are at home but I expect the Aussies to win. Ryan Jones will miss the match due to injury.

France beat NZ in NZ and will be fresher this weekend. I think France will win although I wouldn't bet on France.
    makker wrote: »
    Ireland vs. South Africa

Just looking at oddschecker last night and there were some bookies going 10\11 on either Ireland or South Africa to win.

As much as I hate to bet against Ireland my head is telling me South Africa are going to win

I think that they will dominate the scrum, will probably steal some of our lineout ball, and Brussow could have a fruitful day stealing a lot of ball at the ruck.

Obviously there are areas in the park where we are better than them but up front I think they have the edge and that is where most games are won or lost

I hope I'm proved incorrect as would love to see Ireland win but 10\11 for the Boxs to win seems overpriced

I agee. Ireland will have to play brilliantly to win and really tear into the Boks. It'll be hard and looks like a Bok win by a few points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I fancy us Irish to get the better of SA & I'm backing them to win the match & both halves at 7/4.....wales will beat aussie's by about 5pts & the french will win a tight game against NZ, a northern hemisphere treble get on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Botha is out for the Boks. Definetly gives us a better chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thinking of going for the 45/1 double:

Ireland to draw 20/1
    Australia (-3) 6/5

• Advertisement

Bump!

Is there a better thread for this now? Looking at New Zealand -5.0 @ 10/11 today....easy money...right??

Edit: Wow, it actually came through, what a finish!

Advertisement