Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay-Z VS. Kanye??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭defence forces

actually now that im starting to mature a little bit im starting to get sick of hip hop and rap did anyone see your man kanye jumping on stage when your one with the blond hair got the award for best video. what a media whore doing something like that.

I genuinely think that hip hop/rap is faceless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

nicklauski wrote: »
    As gods pal said :

Jay for me everyday. And I'm surprised how many people like the American Gangster album. I thought I was the only one :D

How could you not love it - american dreaming, roc boys, fallin', success, blue magic... all great tunes, and the most of the rest were pretty good too! In terms of coke rap, jay is head and shoulders above everybody not named raekwon, ghostface killah, malice or pusha t. I just wish he could come up with more excuses to revert to type!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

floggg wrote: »
    How could you not love it - american dreaming, roc boys, fallin', success, blue magic... all great tunes, and the most of the rest were pretty good too! In terms of coke rap, jay is head and shoulders above everybody not named raekwon, ghostface killah, malice or pusha t. I just wish he could come up with more excuses to revert to type!

Of all the songs on the album I thought Blue Magic was one of the weaker ones! I enjoy that album and it gets played quite often.

actually now that im starting to mature a little bit im starting to get sick of hip hop and rap did anyone see your man kanye jumping on stage when your one with the blond hair got the award for best video. what a media whore doing something like that.

I genuinely think that hip hop/rap is faceless

Why do people come onto a hip-hop forum if they keep saying they are tried/sick of rap, or never liked it in the first place? I will never log onto a rock forum, as i have nothing to contribute!

Also, saying rap is faceless/boring/too commercial etc and then only referring to Kanye at the mtv awards is well, a tad ignorant. Since the early 90's on, everybody knew that any rapper appearing on mtv was generally a pop artist, and not representative of the culture. Nobody has held up MC Hammer as representing all aspects of hip-hop!

If you are basing your entire judgments of hip-hop on albums sales and forbes lists, it just shows you have bought into the hype you are complaining about in the first place!

Check the hip-hop 2009 thread if you are looking to get up on something with a little bit more substance.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Of all the songs on the album I thought Blue Magic was one of the weaker ones! I enjoy that album and it gets played quite often.

Well as jay-z singles go, its one of the better one for some time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

According to Obama Kanye is a "jackass" ))) Voted for Kanye tho, i find jayz a bit dull

Advertisement