Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay-Z VS. Kanye??

Options
  • 10-09-2009 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Who do you guys think is better??

I'm going to vote for Kanye on this one although Jay-Z has been around for a long time and always has good stuff Kanye is fresher and I just love his music.
    Here the link if you guys want to show some love and vote for them: http://fuse.tv/music/polls/poll50.html

Jay-Z Or Kanye 31 votes

Jay-Z
    0% 0 votes
    Kanye West
    100% 31 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jay-Z

Kanye

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Prob go with Kanye, never liked JayZ too much. But also havent listened to much of his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Reasonable doubt, enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Well if you are talking about which is your favourite, then each to their own.

but if this is intended to be which is the best rapper, then it can only be Jay. I don't think even Kanye would argue with that.

i think its a shame that hip hop has lost that 'competitive sport' vibe. I've heard stories about back in the day, Jay would go around battling everybody and anybody - he used to show up everywhere LL went, spitting battle raps just to prove he was doper than the then battle king!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Kanye is an absolutely amazing producer. As a singer and rapper I'm not really sold on him.

Jay-Z content can bore me alot of the time but from a technical standpoint he's fantastic. He's able to do alot of styles as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jay-Z is a better rapper and label exec.
    Kanye is a better producer and appears to be the most prolific in terms of releases/projects in recent times.

They both have thier pros and cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's not really comparing like with like but Jay-Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

jay z

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Jay-Z had Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint, both classic albums in my opinion, along with great albums like Vol.2 Hard Knock Life, Vol.1 In My Lifetime and American Gangster (which, despite popular consensus, I thought was a pretty damn good album).

Sure he's had some albums that haven't been great (read: Blueprint 2 & Kingdom Come), but Kanye hasn't had any albums that will be still talked about in 10-15 years time. College Dropout was a very good album, just not classic.

And don't even get me started about Kanye's attitude and ego...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Mixed between the two!! Although Jay-z and Linking park was Great at his latest album is class so maybe Jay-z just edges it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Oh dear this is silly lol This is not like comparing someone like 50 Cent with Lloyd Banks (Lloyd Banks much better than 50 Cent btw). Jay-z needs to be compared with rappers like Nas, Common Sense and all that. I mean Jay-z outshines Kanye in pretty much every aspect....lyrics, flow, wit, marketing power and rhyming styles. If u were to compare both rappers best songs..Jay would easily win.

Like dont get me wrong I love Kanye and he has been a breath of fresh air since he came into the game but comparing Jay-z to Kanye West is like comparing Lionel Messi with Wayne Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

beya2009 wrote: »
    Like dont get me wrong I love Kanye and he has been a breath of fresh air since he came into the game but comparing Jay-z to Kanye West is like comparing Lionel Messi with Wayne Rooney.

Everything you said up till that last point was good but you should get your comparisons right. I feel it's more like comparing Lionel Messi to Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sure he produces some great stuff (spectacular goals/The Blueprint). There is some suspicion though that he isn't the complete package that other performers may be. Certainly this has never affected his ego ("I'm the first, second and third best player in the world"/"There's a lot of rappers that can beat me in ignorance, but there's only a few that can play with true intellect). It could be said he's a spoilt child at times and always wants his own way (pouting and storming around after being substituted/interrupting an award acceptance speech because he felt he should have won). It doesn't mean that critics and fans don't lavish praise and numerous awards upon him. However underneath it all there remains that niggling feeling that his skills do not measure up to those of Lionel Messi/Jay-Z. That is of course before the aforementioned Wayne Rooney/Nas/Biggie/Eminem/Tupac is even brought into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Jay-Z is without a doubt the better rapper. IMO it's like comparing Cristiano Ronaldo to John O' Shea.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Jay-Z is without a doubt the better rapper. IMO it's like comparing Cristiano Ronaldo to John O' Shea.

John O Shea is a machine dont slag :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sesal

Kanye West is the best, yes:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Poll Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Jay Z every day of the week....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

This is not even a point that should be up for a debate.

Jay-Z's Great Albums:
    Reasonable Doubt
    Blueprint
    Black Album

Good Albums:
    Vol. 1 In My Lifetime
    Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life
    American Gangster

Kanye's Noteworthy additions to Hip-Hop:
    His production for Jay-Z
    College Drop-Out

So it will always come up Jay-Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol @ even comparing the two

Just voted for Jay z on the poll!! Wow he is up 7-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

As gods pal said :
    godspal wrote: »

Kanye's Noteworthy additions to Hip-Hop:
    His production for Jay-Z
    College Drop-Out
    Jay for me everyday. And I'm surprised how many people like the American Gangster album. I thought I was the only one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Great poll.

Nobody will vote for kanye after him on the video awards ..what a tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I voted for Kanye:p

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    I voted for Kanye:p

For shame!
    Kayne has 2 votes now, i mean i really like kayne but jay z is one of the best rappers of all time!

of all tiame!!

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Nobody will vote for kanye after him on the video awards ..what a tool

foolowing the incident.....there is some famous restaurant in hollywood that has menu's with celeb pictures on them....aparently everyone is refusing to accept the Kanye menu.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    foolowing the incident.....there is some famous restaurant in hollywood that has menu's with celeb pictures on them....aparently everyone is refusing to accept the Kanye menu.

Ha ha YOur joking? I would not go hungry over him now? But then again the Americans are mad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Thats mental!!!

Ahhh Im not fond of jay-z!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Not fond of Jay-Z but he's way better than Kanye, and he has his own shade of blue.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ToeRag881

jay is better but in fairness they're both effin deplorable.

Advertisement