Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A5

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Thats just priceless! Good work batman.

I can't believe he changed even the steering wheel! Seats, all done. All for a 1.8 petrol. Feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭randel

I have put up over 100,000 km in my Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro. It has never given me any trouble. Its only on its second set of 19" tyres and drives like a dream. Easily the best car I have ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭mountain

for anybody wanting to go outside the normal have a look at this,
    V8 volvo S80,

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volvo/S80/4.4-V8-A/200932194827724/advert?channel=CARS

90K new, so thats 50K in less than a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

mountain wrote: »
    V8 volvo S80,

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volvo/S80/4.4-V8-A/200932194827724/advert?channel=CARS

Yikes must have some money to but that in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

mountain wrote: »
    V8 volvo S80,

90K new, so thats 50K in less than a year!

Spotted that this morning - that's some sleeper.

Wonder was it a Volvo demo, regged just before the VRT changes last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

randel wrote: »
    I have put up over 100,000 km in my Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro. It has never given me any trouble. Its only on its second set of 19" tyres and drives like a dream. Easily the best car I have ever owned.

There is no doubt that the A5 was designed around the quattro system and as such that would cancel out alot of the problems with mine not being able to take the power at the front wheels. You also have the servo assist steering on the 3.0tdi which might help with the mad feel & pull coming up from the road. It really must be far superior to the 1.8T. As I said before, I get the feeling that the car was designed around the quattro system and then the lesser models just fired out without any great setup alterations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

R.O.R wrote: »

Thats what it looks like. There's a lot of extras listed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭mountain

R.O.R wrote: »

Talking to the salesman, he said that MD of volvo ireland drove it, then landed J&P with it,
    lot of car for the money, not worth 90k but at 40K....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..why is he selling a car that's less than 5 weeks old ??? :confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Is it to match your 2011 A4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Saw this the other day and nearly got sick.

Why do this to an S5 ??? :confused:

VehicleImage.axd?OfficeId=1&VehicleId=601231282&View=1&Width=468&Height=312&DefaultImage=audi&UC=2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

janamarie wrote: »
    Hi guys, i need your expertise now, just this morning my uncle is selling to us his new 2011 Audi A5. Is this one is a good choice? Please advice i need your help in here.

Does it have Quattro? All accounts here in motors suggest that the 2WD version should be avoided. (Haven't driven it myself, just to be clear).

Advertisement