Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New batch of mysterious lights over Dublin...

Options
  • 10-09-2009 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

At about nine o clock yesterday evening I saw dozens of exetremely bright red lights 'hanging' in the air. I'm an amateur astronomy so I know the difference between a helicopter, a star constellation and my arse! I was out in Tallaght and the lights were from my position directly north away from the mountains and nowhere near the sea. In terms of altitude they extended up to about 35 degrees from my position.

I talked to one guard on the street and he said he knew his place was receiving many calls from people but couldn't give an explanation for the lights. I really don't think they're flares or natural events, I'm starting to think we have a hoaxer in Dublin sending up lanterns! What do people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

thats some pretty good hoax! Would be some strong laser no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Chinese lanterns. Have seen them about 4 times over Dublin during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

It would be great if it was a hoaxer and they are systematically creating these lights to show how hysterical people get about this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I'm from Finglas, my brother called me to the front door about 9 to look at two stationary flashing white lights in the direction of the Dublin mountains, had a look with my binoculars but couldn't make any further detail out, would live roughly in the direction you are talking about OP but didn't notice anything else in the sky at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

In response to the closure of my other thread, I felt it was appropriate to say that shouldn't we be not posting this kind of stuff and post in a blog?

We are all adults on this forum, and i'm curious as to why a mod can decide who to post and who to not post.

Like get a blog.? Is this kind of behaviour unique?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

mysterious wrote: »
    In response to the closure of my other thread, I felt it was appropriate to say that shouldn't we be not posting this kind of stuff and post in a blog?

We are all adults on this forum, and i'm curious as to why a mod can decide who to post and who to not post.

Like get a blog.? Is this kind of behaviour unique?

No, these are personal and factual accounts from people.

What you wrote in your thread was your personal and utterly rediculous viewpoints which bordered imho on cultish religious rantings along with insulting and dismissing anyone who even dared to question.

Take it to feedback anyway or PM the mod, no point going off on another one about it in someone else's thread.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    No, these are personal and factual accounts from people.

What you wrote in your thread was your personal and utterly rediculous viewpoints which bordered imho on cultish religious rantings along with insulting and dismissing anyone who even dared to question.

Take it to feedback anyway or PM the mod, no point going off on another one about it in someone else's thread.

Nope. Your response is not something an informed open minded adult would say. Because it is disrespects the views of another. This is not something I do or respect. I'm 24 years old and nobody would ever say what you said to me in reality. I talk about these things openly to people and I can tell you people will think twice about behaving that way to me. They know I'm honest guenuine and matter of fact about certain aspects to life. People know that I'm one who understand what is not known. Because I get off my arse and find the truth myself.

But now that you say factual events? What do you mean for something to be factual? Something your familar with and everything your not familar with not factual?

Conformist you are at best. As for saying I'm cultist and saying my views are ridicoulous that is insulting. I'm not part of any cult or any religious group Nor do I force my opinions on anyone on this forum. I posted a thread in the right forum. Despite your ignorance you will realise that the latter of this paranormal forum is not backed by much "offcial facts" as you would deem to say here. I posted facts too. Your just not familar with the unknown world. So this would be natural for you to be react in such a way. Think about and think about your reaction long and hard. You might come to something your not aware about yourself.

It's that simple really. The problem here in Ireland is ignorance and lack of tolerance for an individual opinion. In this country people are afraid to talk about unknown topics. People are afraid to talk about these things in a paranormal forums. The only thing we can talk about on a paranormal forum is the occaisonal UFO sighting, going to see a fortune teller and catching a ghost in ghost jar. How long has boards been running? 10 years or more? what material has changed on this particular forum with the paranormal. Nothing. Every forum in every arena on cyberspace is evovling and raising to topics never even heard of to most Irish people. The things I've discussed are only light to whats really known out there in the real world. Irish people are programmed very well since the Celtic tiger. There is nothing new to this thread. Nothing will come out of this particular thread. because the matrix system has you all cot up with it. You will all offend people who speak truth simply because you don't want to believe in the possiblity of other Extra terristials races hovering your sky. Think about it your subconscious will already fight the truth. "its not real" the things im saying to you will frustrate you,because the things I'm telling you, you didn't learn in school.

Most irish people are paranoid to give their own opinion or experience about themselves because they are to busy to look like everyone else and hope to god they are validated and backed by society by following the principles of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The problem here in Ireland is ignorance and lack of tolerance for an individual opinion.

No, the problem here in Ireland is that there are not enough asylum's.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

To mysterious:
    it seems a bit sh*tty of you to hijack a thread to moan about getting a lock. It shows a great deal of disrespect to the views and topic discussed by the OP. Did you just click on the first thread you seen or is there a reason for choosing this thread to go completely off topic. There are appropriate links and areas of Boards.ie to vent your frustration.
    I did find it odd personally that your thread was locked but it doesn't give you an excuse to be disrespectful (regardless of how highly developed you feel you have become).

To the original poster:
    I have a video taken on my phone from the red cow area of bright, flashing lights near Kippure. They seemed to move quit fast around the peak of the hill but did not seem to be airborn. Anyone i've shown the video has the opinion of it being jeeps or quadbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Taken from the photography forum.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055678391

Space Shuttle & Space Station tonight

The two of these will be visible over Ireland tonight roughly in the same orbit traveling from west to east in the southerly sky, the fainter Shuttle leading ISS by one minute

The Shuttle (STS-128) from 20-57 to 20:59:30, 26 degrees max elevation.
    ISS 20-58 to 21-02
    Another pass just before 10-30 but slightly lower in the sky
    www.heavens-above.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

all the lights people have been seeing are me and some other lads flying around on our flying carpets that we just had fitted with lights so we could fly at night. i hope that answers peoples questions about what was flying around

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

mysterious, dont post in someone elses thread unless you have something to say relevant to the original topic.

steve french. The humour forum is that way >>>>. :) Welcome to paranormal, please dont troll the forums, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keegobob

I saw one of these bright red lights at about 11pm the same night, it was drifting from the Inchicore direction towards Haroldscross where I was looking out my back window, I knew it was'nt a plane by the way it was moving and it could'nt have been a helicopter coz I could'nt hear it so I was absolutely baffled:confused:, It was moving towards my area and then it seemed to stop above my housing estate, probably about a km up and the light started to fade and it disappeared, I spent all day yesterday thinking maybe it was an alien space ship but now that you mentioned it I think its more likely its some messer sending chinese lanterns up into the Dublin sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

How come noone ever gets pictures of these things, there have been alot of sightings but no cameras to hand :(
    I'm going camping for the weekend and I'm going to stare at the stars all night, hopefully I'll see something of interest!

But staying on topic, I'd say its a hoax but would love to be proved wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

As an amateur astronomer myself at the time, I can tell you that you probably do not know the difference between a helicopter and a UFO unless you have binoculars with you and even then it is difficult to tell.

I use UFO in the lightest way because I have yet to see any evidence.

I once spent over an hour looking out the attic room window at a load of weird lights that seemed to dance around each other, disappear and move at high speed.

It eventually turned out to be the Garda Helicopter flying around over the city. When it got closer to Ballyfermot I could make it out in my binoculars and eventually hear it. I actually thought it was a UFO for a bit as it did not look or move the way I "thought" a helicopter would move. Turns out it did and what I saw was an optical illusion created by the fact that all I could focus on were the lights and without an outline of the craft to see, the lights look like they are moving all over the place.

Saruman wrote: »
    As an amateur astronomer myself at the time, I can tell you that you probably do not know the difference between a helicopter and a UFO unless you have binoculars with you and even then it is difficult to tell.

I don't think you do....
    I use UFO in the lightest way because I have yet to see any evidence.

I once spent over an hour looking out the attic room window at a load of weird lights that seemed to dance around each other, disappear and move at high speed.

It eventually turned out to be the Garda Helicopter flying around over the city. When it got closer to Ballyfermot I could make it out in my binoculars and eventually hear it. I actually thought it was a UFO for a bit as it did not look or move the way I "thought" a helicopter would move. Turns out it did and what I saw was an optical illusion created by the fact that all I could focus on were the lights and without an outline of the craft to see, the lights look like they are moving all over the place.

An hour.....

I see..

If you actually were "open" to realising that there is activity outside your planet and yes I mean life. Wow the only planet in this galaxy who actually is brainwashed to think life doesn't exist elsewhere. Just stand back and think. The government are preparing to tell you ( in their own way and I don't agree with their way). They have already started on the Media in America at the minute. The canadian government have already given disclousure. It would not surprise me if they fake a first contact, to try and keep it covered up and look faked so people are cot up by the dis info again.

I've seen them plenty of times. Because I know that I'm not from here orginally. No human is.:D If your closed minded to this, why would they bother make themselves known to you. If a girl likes you and you dismiss her do you thnk shes gonna try make herself known to you.

No.

Think outside the box.

You need to allow yourself to be open to the cosmos.

If you do stargazing everynight and allow yourself to be open to these possibilities they will make themselves known to you. It's simple and its start with simple thinking and realisation. They go about their agendas and they do not need to show themselves to you. However if people woke up and start to accept the fact that this is not a conspiracy but actually a cover up then, humanity as a race will recieve dialogue from these beings..

They are coming in greater numbers betweeen now in 2012. What you need to do is raise your vibration and do not be afraid of such change coming to you. Many people I know are now coming out with this information. Boards.ie is allergic to truth for some strange reason. It seems people are better off talking about dis info and bull**** than actually happenings around us.

I see UFOs a lot now. It's no big deal. I don't need to prove it to anyone. It's only a matter of time till I have my first physical contact. The same for many of you.

Amatuer and professional astronoers will know nothing, about the cosmos, only what they are told by NASA.

Your a astronomer. You see venus in the eastern sky?? well picture a ufo shining brighter than that in space and then dissapear and make itself known to you at will when you ask so in your mind. and then disspear again and many times over a period of a week. I could be walking down fairview(Which i was 11.30pm on the 8th of september) Not a sinner or car on the road. I turned around and looked up and I seen what I thought was venus and then flashed twice and took off.;) Now you could say I'm not geniune and making it up. But the truth is millions of people around the world see these things. Why would everyone make it up.?

Now my advice to you, is be aware of what happens to you right now when I tell you this? Are you annoyed, bewlidered, shocked, overjoyed, upsel, agigtated.

If you feel negative in any shape, you will not be open to it and you will not be shown by them that they are there. There is a really really really big universe that is infinite and beyond this one is more. The other beings are just other aspects of you with different genetics.

I am putting this out there, because its your choice what you do with this information. If you want truth You will find it if you want too.

This is how it works. I'm not saying I was abducted or anything. But I have found since I changed my lifestyle and thinking, my reality started to change and the more aware and intuitive I became the more the higher celestial beings made themselves known to me.

PM me if you want to know more. I can give you some information how the universe works with dimensions also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I see UFOs a lot now. It's only a matter of time till I have my first physical contact.
    I think its a bit of physical contact you be needing alright;)

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I think its a bit of physical contact you be needing alright;)

What a great joke. ha.. ha.

But that would be none of your business.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 king131

If a girl likes you and you dismiss her do you thnk shes gonna try make herself known to you.

No.

Think outside the box.

Actually, I've often 'dismissed' girls who liked me - which in turn made them more interested in me. It's called playing hard to get, and it works in my experience.

Back on topic, I saw some very bright lights rising up into the sky at about 11:30pm tonight. They appeared to be strongly illuminated from behind (ie, like flames from a rocket). Didn't appear to be flares as they kept going up and were very high in the sky. They eventually and gradually disappeared as they went. I don't know how many there where, but I saw 4 of them. One initially, rising upward into the sky - they two that were almost together, following exactly the path of the first. My mind wanders to sci-fi movies where two airforce planes are scrambled to intercept and take out the ufo. One of these two went further ahead and the other slowed down. There was then another one behind the two which followed a similar path. They all kept going up at an angle then like the first gradually disappeared.

Anyone else see this? Was a nice clear night so hopefully yes. Direction wise it was about SW.

I don't think it was the shuttle pass I've seen people mentioning, it was too close and bright for that, and there were at least 4 objects!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Can people here not work a camera? Seriously I carry a camera around in my car for my hobby. I never see anything like these things.

Please people, FFS bring a camera with you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 king131

squod wrote: »
    Can people here not work a camera? Seriously I carry a camera around in my car for my hobby. I never see anything like these things.

Please people, FFS bring a camera with you!

I can work a camera, seriously.

I don't take my EOS 30D everywhere with me, and not leaving it in the car for numerous (and obvious) reasons. I also have a small P&S camera, but I don't travel everywhere in my car and not stuffing that in my pocket anytime I go out...

So, what if I was out walking somewhere one evening saw some lights in the sky, and tried a photo with my phone's camera which captured nothing - what do you want me to do for you... draw you a picture?

It's not our fault you don't see anything like these things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Some posts removed. Please stay on topic

Thanks,
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

To the OP and anyone else that may have photos or video footage, if you could pm me I'd love to get a copy also if anyone had a sighting I'd appreciate getting details of specific times and locations to look into the incidents further.
    Obviously pm me details as you may not feel comfortable posting locations etc on a public forum.:D

Thanks in advance.

@mysterious
    I can understand the viewpoint that your coming from but its almost as though your trying to push your own belief system onto others which people aren't going to like as you've seem by the mods actions and peoples responses. Maybe just stand back for a second and think before replying, you seem to always end up posting the same message by the time you get to the end of any reply you post.
    We want people to be objective, question and debate topics but your not always going to win or like what people say, everyone has there own frame of thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

exactly 666 views so i said id post to tell you all lol.

I saw a shooting star today at about 2:30am and made a wish.

That is all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luxy

Tallon wrote: »
    How come noone ever gets pictures of these things, there have been alot of sightings but no cameras to hand :(

Thanks for directing me to this thread Tallon!

I have a video, I'm currently uploading it to YouTube. I don't know if it's similar to the things everyone else here saw, but it's strange nonetheless!

I'll post a link here as soon as the video is up!

Luxy wrote: »
    Thanks for directing me to this thread Tallon!

I have a video, I'm currently uploading it to YouTube. I don't know if it's similar to the things everyone else here saw, but it's strange nonetheless!

I'll post a link here as soon as the video is up!

No problem at all :)

Can't wait to see the video, and I know the guys over @ paranormal would Love to see it

Now, here's the link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ_yVlSjlo

You'll have to excuse the poor quality, it's only a digital camera, not a camcorder. Obviously the lighting's not great, but if you view it on full screen you'll see what's going on!

The lights are a bit clearer from about 1.15 in the video.
    You can see the speed they're moving at.

Luxy wrote: »
    Now, here's the link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ_yVlSjlo

You'll have to excuse the poor quality, it's only a digital camera, not a camcorder. Obviously the lighting's not great, but if you view it on full screen you'll see what's going on!

It's great to have a video, thanks :)

• Advertisement

No problem! I'm glad to share it!

Advertisement