Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Red line Connolly to The Point

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

As someone who lives down by the "point" i am curious as to what they will charge for the Luas.

I also hope they don't make people have to interchange at connolly!

Does anyone know if the extension will be seperately charged as a new zone or will it all come under the existing city zone?

The 151 bus is 1.15 to/from the CC to the point
    And only 50c to/from the IFSC
    so luas is going to have to be pretty cheap to compete

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

Sorry, I dont know the cost, how it appears the current red line service from tallaght will no longer stop at Connolly. A seperate service will operate from Heuston to Connolly using the third stop at Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Wonder will they do a free travel day again like when it first launched!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Weehamster - that sounds a bit odd as Connolly is surely one of the busiest stops! If CIE were running the Luas you would expect passengers to have to walk down to Busaras Stop to get the tram to Tallaght or catch a Connolly/Heuston shuttle and change again for Tallaght but we are talking about a real transport operator here. Surely the Tallaght/Connolly line will be regarded as the 'mainline' and the Point line as the branch? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Victor posted here a while back that the plan is for alternating Tallaght-Connolly and Citywest-Point trams. I'd guess that until the CWT line opens it'll be alternating Tallaght-Connolly and Tallaght-Point. Its as quick to get off at Busaras and walk over to Connolly as it is to stay on the tram...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

loyatemu - thanks for clearing that up. However, if you have luggage or value your life (traffic) staying on the Luas is a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

weehamster wrote: »
    Sorry, I dont know the cost, how it appears the current red line service from tallaght will no longer stop at Connolly. A seperate service will operate from Heuston to Connolly using the third stop at Heuston.

If they are doing that, it would make more sense (imho) to have
    • Tallaght-Connolly
    • CityWest-Point

But other posters have mentioned alternating Tallaght-Connolly and Tallaght-Point services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Gerard, Gerard, Gerard - they said till the CWT line opens....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

RPA mailed me last night to say that:
    The schedules are being finalised but the most likely that two out of three trams will continue from Busaras to the Point and one out of three will terminate in Connolly. The final timetable is being will be circulated closer to operation of the new line.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bg07

Have they started testing trams on the line yet as per the post earlier on this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

bg07 wrote: »
    Have they started testing trams on the line yet as per the post earlier on this thread?

Saw a tram at Mayor Square yesterday lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It seems there was testing yesterday with more scheduled for tonight. They had a machine there this morning grinding the rails to remove all the caked on concrete / mud / dirt / whatever.

Advertisement