Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets as part of the Arthurs Day Celebrations **Winner announced**

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

guinnesssurger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

guinnessg.jpg
    Yum Yum Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Productive day yesterday at the gravity bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

OK I know it's 3 but I can't decide!

06299435326459322480.jpg

18125277707573826873.jpg

60276421528976913043.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ourfi

DFA4AE1B5916412A8B346161C5A8EA96-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks very much all, the competition is now over. The winner will be chosen over the weekend and announced on Monday afternoon.

Really impressed by all the entries - fair play.

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Once again, thanks everyone for entering this competition. It was a close one - there were loads of great photos to choose from, and that's not just lip service - genuinely some great shots. I didn't expect the creativity.

We shortlisted and chose the eventual winner independently with Guinness's PR company and they went for this shot by kingofslaves as their favourite, simply because it kinda encapsulates a bit of what Arthur's Day is about for them:

60276421528976913043.jpg

I'm talking to them though about other Guinness prizes for the runners up.

Congratulations kingofslaves and well done - enjoy the gigs!

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Congratulations Kingofslaves!!!!
    I don't think any fair minded person could argue with the result.i have enjoyed this thread a lot:)

HEY DARRAGH,
    You were supposed to tell us this yesterday,what happened?Off work sick with Guinness hangover?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

• Advertisement

I'd like to thank Boards.ie for the competition, Guinness for the prize, Apple for the iPhone that took the photo, Snapture for the app that allowed me to take it in B&W and zoom in. (gush) I'd like to thank God, my mam, and Yore Ma !

I'll try take some more photos & might win another competition ! Lol thanks again to everyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

great shot and a deserved winner, nice one

OK explaination. Stay with me here. I won tickets to Vicar Street with this competition, but WHPR sent them via courier and I was out, they called me and asked if they could post them through the letterbox, I said yes. Got home and no tickets :( Went to the same number house in the next street which had a guy whacked out on wacky baccy & drink.

Don't think he really understood what I was saying as kept asking if I had the price of a 'J', but I think he probably sold the tickets for drugs. Anyway called WHPR and explained the problem, they made some calls and we established that they did indead post them in the wrong door.

They came back and said we don't have any more tickets for Vicar Street, but would you like tickets for Tripod. I knew the line up there and said yes please! Got there about 5pm and started on the black stuff. It wasn't that packed and we got right down the front. Jamie Cullum, Soul II Soul, Mongrel, Calvin Harris, republic Of Loose and surprise guest was Kelly Rowland!

I am just surfacing now and had to say thankyou very much to Boards, WHPR, and of course Arthur !

Another update, not sure if they were posted by postman/courier/owner of same number house, but the envelope with the original tickets came through the door Monday ???? Oh well one more souvenier of a great day as far as I was concerned.

To Arfur !

Advertisement