Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Poll: Have debates on boards.ie influenced how you will vote on Lisbon II?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Have fun voting.

Edit: Anyone found to be messing with the results of this poll (i.e. Yes or No campaigners falsely voting as "Was Yes/No now No/Yes") will be treated harshly. Either vote honestly or save us the trouble of having to ban you.

Official Poll: Have debates on boards.ie influenced how you will vote on Lisbon II? 198 votes

Was Yes, am still Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    Was No, am still No.
    34% 69 votes
    Was Undecided now Yes.
    33% 66 votes
    Was Undecided now No.
    6% 12 votes
    Was Undecided, am still Undecided.
    2% 4 votes
    I don't read the debates on this forum.
    4% 8 votes
    Was Yes, am now No
    1% 3 votes
    Was No, am now Yes
    9% 18 votes
    Was Yes leaning, am now definitely Yes
    3% 7 votes
    Was No leaning, am now definitely No
    5% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

What about was no, now yes and was yes now no?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

sink wrote: »
    What about was no, now yes and was yes now no?

Bah, I knew I forgot some. Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This could do well if it's an announcement, not just a EU Forum thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

An interesting addition would be:

Was Yes leaning, but it made me Yes definitely

and

Was No leaning and made me No definitely.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

and

Right, done. That's as many options I can add (the max is 10).

I'm looking into having the admins do a custom poll for the forum, but don't know if that will be possible yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

K-9 wrote:

and

That's probably covered by "undecided" I reckon. If we keep adding options for every obscure possibility then we'll end up having an option for "Was no, shagged the missus, was a bit happier so was yes, then a froggy bumped into me on the street, was no again, then got a two euro quarter pounder on the eurosaver menu at macdonalds, so voting yes" :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote: »
    That's probably covered by "undecided" I reckon. If we keep adding options for every obscure possibility then we'll end up having an option for "Was no, shagged the missus, was a bit happier so was yes, then a froggy bumped into me on the street, was no again, then got a two euro quarter pounder on the eurosaver menu at macdonalds, so voting yes" :)

Was that a Yes point or No point? :o

That could persuade me.

Think this should be moderated heavily, no Debate, just a vote.

The reason I mentioned those two, was, it it does come up on the forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'm biting my tongue about the absence of 'Was Atari Jauguar now Yes' :D

K-9 wrote: »
    Think this should be moderated heavily, no Debate, just a vote.

People are free to talk about the poll. Anyone starting to campaign in this thread or discussion campaign issues etc will have their posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I was leaning no, now definitely yes.

Not entirely due to Boards though. Just went to the effort to take maybe 3-4 hours to educate myself on a referendum which may affect my future. It's doable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

This Post has a striking resemblance to Lisbon II.Not satisfied with outcome of the first poll so we vote again.I was no and I am still no.

In the event that the no side have the majority in Lisbon II and we are made to vote again,I would then have no choice to vote yes to save myself and other tax payers some of our money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Martin 2

procure11 wrote: »
    This Post has a striking resemblance to Lisbon 11.Not satisfied with outcome of the first poll so we vote again.I was no and I am still no.

In the event that the no side have the majority in Lisbon 11 and we are made to vote again,I would then have no choice to vote yes to save myself and other tax payers some of our money.
    I think you mean Lisbon II or is Lisbon 11 just a Freudian slip:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

It's kinda hilarious how many of the votes are missing from the "Was No, am still No" pile which are lumped suspiciously in the "Was Yes, am now No" pile... Something that anybody who can and has read any of the discussions on the European Union forum, and the relative standards of debate, knows cannot possibly be a true proportion.

Yes & Yes from me, but a more educated, and exhausted, and depressed yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm the only person who "Was no, now yes"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I'm the only person who "Was no, now yes"

:(

Ah, we just haven't seen turgon or democrates in a while, more's the pity. They declared for Yes rather a while ago - although of course they may have relented.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

procure11 wrote: »
    This Post has a striking resemblance to Lisbon II.Not satisfied with outcome of the first poll so we vote again.I was no and I am still no.

In the event that the no side have the majority in Lisbon II and we are made to vote again,I would then have no choice to vote yes to save myself and other tax payers some of our money.

Not at all. I fully expect to see a No win on this poll, given that the No side outnumber the Yes side by a fair margin on this forum going by posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

nesf wrote: »
    Not at all. I fully expect to see a No win on this poll, given that the No side outnumber the Yes side by a fair margin on this forum going by posters.

To be fair, I noticed a hell of a lot more Yes voters the first time around and the No side still won.

It really seems to be getting close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

How does that balance out if you disclude anyone who joined in september 2009 and has never posted outside this forum? ;)

passive wrote: »
    How does that balance out if you disclude anyone who joined in september 2009 and has never posted outside this forum? ;)

It would be interesting, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Edit: Anyone found to be messing with the results of this poll (i.e. Yes or No campaigners falsely voting as "Was Yes/No now No/Yes") will be treated harshly. Either vote honestly or save us the trouble of having to ban you.
    How the hell would you know how any poster actually voted in Lisbon 1, or if they even voted? What about people responding to the poll whom are not Irish citizens and are not entitled to vote, or Irish citizens living abroad and therefore are unable to vote?

That posting is a bit childish and taking an internet poll a bit too seriously. Plus there are so many options I wonder whats its reall value is?

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    How the hell would you know how any poster actually voted in Lisbon 1, or if they even voted?

It's aimed at people who've been campaigning on boards.ie for a Yes or No since before Lisbon I. Obviously it can't apply to new posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I voted Yes last time, was undecided for a long time about Lisbon II and having been on this board for a few months debating it I am not firmly in the No camp. That may change again before referendum day, but the more I read from Yes campaigners the more certain I become that Lisbon runs contrary to my views on both democracy and republicanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Ibut the more I read from Yes campaigners the more certain I become that Lisbon runs contrary to my views on both democracy and republicanism.

Are you sure it's not that certain 'Yes' campaigners run contrary to your views on both democracy and republicanism, and that Lisbon maybe doesn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What about, no, the debates have not influenced me, and it is none of your business how I intend to vote? That's the only option I'd take.

Or, yes, the debates have influenced me, and it is none of your business how I intend to vote?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

nipplenuts wrote: »
    What about, no, the debates have not influenced me, and it is none of your business how I intend to vote? That's the only option I'd take.

Or, yes, the debates have influenced me, and it is none of your business how I intend to vote?

It is a private poll? And you have come to the EU forum in order to not discuss how you are going to vote? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Interested to see :

Was Yes, am now No 13 14.94%
    Was No, am now Yes 3 3.45%

I would have thought the debate was very leaning to yes since the date was confirmed.

On the other hand the polls on boards seem to lean to no (A&A excepted). So maybe the 'yes' side like debate , the 'no' side polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The politics.ie guys have a campaign to skew the results of the poll.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Was no, still no. Don't see it changing but I'm glad to see some people are being swayed by the discussion on the boards. Go boards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The politics.ie guys have a campaign to skew the results of the poll.

In which direction ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

jhegarty wrote: »
    In which direction ?

Oh very much for a No. I'd say there's about 5-10 people that are pretending to be about 30.

Advertisement