Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

star tattoos

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Robbie444

Jammy wrote: »
    I personally really dislike star tattoos but I'd never say it to someone who was getting one done. One my close friends is getting one, but I just wished her well with it!

There's a lot of tattoos that I really hate, and put me off the whole tattoo concept and having one! But it's a personal thing so in the end it obviously means a lot to the person, sure they're gonna have it for the rest of their lives!

I know some people who arn't gonna like my one. But to me having something really unique and unusual does it for me. I really admire people who do something different and their tattoos wow me and I love it!

I'm not trying to diminish other tattoos or people with popular tattoos. But that side of the tattoo industry I don't like. Where other people love it and love having something that's popular because they can say they have it! I respect that but I don't have to like it :o

I think that this is a really good attitude to have. If people like something and they are making the decision to have it branded on their skin for the rest of their lives, then nobody has any right to stand in their way, no matter how much they themselves may dislike it. At the end of the day tattoos really should not bother anybody only the people who's body they are inked on to. I mean what difference does it make to anybody what somebody else has on their body? It is so absurd and while I can definitely see why people question certain fads and clichés such as star tattoos, it is nobody's place to judge anybody for getting them. The fad will pass and a new one will takes its place believe me! And this will continue over and over again and don't expect to understand any of them as they will become more and more alien to people as they get older.
    This has been said a million times but I think it somes up this thread completely......different strokes for different folks! Simple!

Oh and OP I really don't think there is an actual answer to your question as to why people choose stars. Trying to understand human psychology and trends is just one of those highly ambiguous topics for which there is no real answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

littleman wrote: »
    no1 has given a good reason why there so popular and thats why i started this thread to find out why

People like stars. The end!

I wouldn't get a star tattoo, but only because they simply just don't fit in with what I want! I have to admit, the one thing I hate about the tattoo culture is the way people get so elitist about it, and look down upon anything that is deemed to be cliché. So what if a particular design is immensely popular, it simple means that it has mass appeal, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that. There are loads of tattoo designs that I would never in a million years get myself, but it doesn't stop me appreciating well executed designs, be that a full back piece with insane detail or simple lettering or yes, even stars, tribals and kanji!

To be completely honest (This may make me unpopular among some, but I don't really care) but I feel sorry for those that look down upon people with these 'common' tattoos, as I feel it reflects a very narrow world view and speaks volumes about the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

same as mine, shouldnt have went to same guy i guess :rolleyes: ive yet to get mine fixed though

Oh Nicole!! Did you end up in Nav too? Lol, that was quite an entertaining day! But we were so very young!! Ya wanna see the rubbish me best friend Jen ended up with, and it was my fault! It was free tho, so I'm happy!! I ended up getting it coloured and thickened out the lines and now it's defo one of my faves. I have in fact been stopped on the street and complimented. Junkies on the bus seem to have a strange fascination with them too!!

Advertisement