Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon - has debates on boards changed your mind?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

meglome wrote: »
    I see the peddled No line of the day is the Mods all all blind Yes voters. :mad:

Lets call a spade a spade here, it's hardly a secret. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

up to the Day Before Lisbon 1 I was don't know
    Listened to cowan crap as he put it as a referendum on "we're in out out of the EU". Decided to Vote No there and then he failed to answers questions about the Lisbon Treaty.

Still No today despite been Very Pro EU and pro EU Enlargement so other countries can benefit as we did. My concerns was not met by the Politicians nor did they asked about them.
    They just fed me bull on how the EU was good to us like we hardly noticed in the last 20 Years:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I think you'll find there's a huge difference between a blind No voter and an informed Yes voter. Sorry I meant I think you'll find there's a big difference between a blind Yes voter and an informed Yes voter.

The Mods in here are happy to backup everything they say from the actual treaty which is what convinced me to vote Yes. The constant lying from the No side have convinced me to vote Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Tell me which way I'm voting based on any post or moderator decision and I'll offer you a big lollipop.

Complaints about moderation or moderation decisions go in the Help Desk forum. That's mentioned in the charter, which you should read as it's significantly shorter than the Lisbon Treaty. The Help Desk isn't difficult to find, it's located in the menu under "Sys".

Anyone who thinks that boards has a pro- or anti-Lisbon agenda either can't read or won't read. While I have a word for those people, I follow the rules I implement so I won't label them publicly.

Either way though, you're wrong. I won't be bothering to point this out again as it's wasted on those that think so.

limklad wrote: »
    up to the Day Before Lisbon 1 I was don't know
    Listened to cowan crap , Decided to Vote No there and then.

Still No today despite been Very Pro EU, and my concerns was not met by the Politicians nor did they asked about them.
    They just fed me bull on how the EU was good to us like we hardly noticed in the last 20 Years:rolleyes:.

Sorry but I can't help feeling you're mixing up our rubbish government with how the EU has done. And honestly the Lisbon treaty improves the running of the EU so it sounds like you should think that's a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

sceptre wrote: »
    Tell me which way I'm voting based on any post or moderator decision and I'll offer you a big lollipop.

Sorry but I don't take sweets from strangers.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Stupid poll, why is there no option for 'No, it didnt change my mind?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭patrickthomas

I was leaning towards yes but the arrogance i seen in here from the yes side reminded me if the same arrogance that our government shows its voters, vote yes or shut up!

Everything that has come out of that type of arrogance has been complete cr*p and lies.

Definitely voting NO now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

I thought one of the rules of this forum was that you had to back up your claims?
    This thread originated in AH. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I was leaning towards yes but the arrogance i seen in here from the yes side reminded me if the same arrogance that our government shows its voters, vote yes or shut up!

I'd be very interested in you providing some sort of proof to back up that claim. The only people that I have seen come out with anything similar to "Vote yes or shut up" is no voters insinuating that yes voters said that.

Haven't seen any yes voters say it though.

And on a side note, you are admitting that you are voting no not based on the treaty or anything in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking back now, the 3rd option is a bit strange, should have made it multi-answer poll.

Everything that has come out of that type of arrogance has been complete cr*p and lies.

Definitely voting NO now.

From what I've seen of your posts you were always a No voter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭patrickthomas

meglome wrote: »
    From what I've seen of your posts you were always a No voter.

In that case why not go and take a look at them,:mad: god forbid that you would take me on my word

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Look mate, there are only so many times you can see the same lie or irrelevant crap repeated before you stop being polite about telling the person it's a lie. Often they don't know themselves that it's a lie but it's a lie nonetheless

Should we pretend that there is some form of validity in the points being made in case they get offended and vote no anyway just to spite us? Maybe we should as that seems to be why you're voting no.

Would you really rather side with someone who's promoting a lie than with someone who appears to be arrogant while pointing out that it's a lie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

I dont like posting in this forum but the simple answer to the question is No.

I am still going to vote No without any reservations whatsoever.
    I am not sure which way the vote would go in October but the EU forum has not being of much help in understanding the treaty at all.The purpose anyone dicides to come here is not read stickies or get into arguements with a handful of consistent posters who gang up in droves to attack any hint of anti-lisbon opinion.If you post in the EU forum and you are anti-lisbon,2 things are likely to happen:

1.You get bombarded by the same 4 or 5 same posters who attack your post and usually thank themselves for doing so.

2.They quote one Mod who is obviously far knowledgable than themselves and tell you to F-off.If you persist,the thread is closed or you get banned.

I am fully aware that there are some positives in the lisbon treaty but the disadvantages in my opinion far outweigh the advantages ,that explains my stance!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

procure11 wrote: »
    I dont like posting in this forum but the simple answer to the question is No.

I am still going to vote No without any reservations whatsoever.
    I am not sure which way the vote would go in October but the EU forum has not being of much help in understanding the treaty at all.The purpose anyone dicides to come here is not read stickies or get into arguements with a handful of consistent posters who gang up in droves to attack any hint of anti-lisbon opinion.If you post in the EU forum and you are anti-lisbon,2 things are likely to happen:

1.You get bombarded by the same 4 or 5 same posters who attack your post and usually thank themselves for doing so.

2.They quote one Mod who is obviously far knowledgable than themselves and tell you to F-off.If you persist,the thread is closed or you get banned.

I am fully aware that there are some positives in the lisbon treaty but the disadvantages in my opinion far outweigh the advantages ,that explains my stance!

What do you suggest should be done when someone says something that is not true and has been corrected literally hundreds of times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Those results are fairly impressive so far.

Way to go Scofflaw & Co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Magnus wrote: »
    But has your opinion been swayed by the discussions here or do we just rehash the same arguments all over and no-one budges?

That's certainly the impression I have and it's reason I don't bother posting in this forum any more - a lot more heat than light IMO (or as an RTE radio news person memorably put it during the week talking to the Chairman of the Referendum Commission "more height than leet"!)

BTW, aren't their two responses missing from the poll?

"Was yes, remain yes."

"Was no, remain no."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

No.

But granted, its far more productive debate then on P.IE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Was undecided coming up to Lisbon I (Biggest worry was Ireland losing influence). Decided to vote Yes, mostly based on points put forward by sink and Scofflaw.

Was yes, still yes for Lisbon II until I see an argument against it that's based on the Treaty and not on spite.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Het-Field wrote: »
    No.

But granted, its far more productive debate then on P.IE

Think so. Unmoderated or very little moderation seems to suit some posters more and they tend to be No voters.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

No

but seeing some of the crazy and mindless crap being trotted out by some NO posters

only reinforced my belief that having a bunch of far left and far right loonies being opposed for the treaty is yet another reason to vote YES

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I thought that post was meant to be satirical. Could be wrong though.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 fumpidge

K-9 wrote: »
    Your sig is more crap.

LOL, Spain voting Yes to a Constitution that never came into law couldn't possibly cause unemployment.
    His signiture is very clever !!!

Most of the electorate wouldn't know that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

fumpidge wrote: »
    His signiture is very clever !!!

Most of the electorate wouldn't know that. :D

Very clever, as is minimum wage maybe €1.83 by COIR posters. It preys on genuine fears with people losing jobs, hours and wages being cut and factories being shut. COIR gets the ould hint of immigration in there too!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Right, I'm going to lock this thread and start a new one because there's no way to seperate out votes from before and after the move from AH.

Why do this? Because, bluntly, on AH people don't take voting in polls very seriously and quite often people could just pick an option for a laugh and I think everyone would be quite interested in an actual poll of EU forum members on this (also the options aren't expansive enough).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement