Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture/Architectural Technology

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Name: Darren, Dzarren, DarDarBinks :rolleyes:
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Rugger, Electro, Having the buzz.
    How to notice: You wont, my real names James Bond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hellother

Casok wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAH ..... bit harsh but il laugh again anyway HAHAHAHA :P

woops sorry if i was harsh, but i didnt mean to be....act how was I? lol. :P was it me saying im jealous of you going to italy?! :):):):):) extra smilely faces for you, haha.

kk, ill just copy mine here:

Name: Julie...hi! pacman.gif
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Music and Art...societies...hmmm perhaps try out juggling for the laugh! biggrin.gif oh and a bitta skiing!
    How to notice: pretending to understand what ppl are saying to me, laughing at inappropriate times and doodling constantly! biggrin.giftongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Casok

hellother wrote: »
    woops sorry if i was harsh, but i didnt mean to be....act how was I?

Haha, u wernt bein harsh julie, i was by laughin at ur jealousy :P but i decided to laugh anyway
    :pac:

Just found out my flight's at 5.30 on Monday so il be in until 12 on Monday :D so il see yas all there :D

Here's the link to our timetable passwords and all that jazz .. especially for darren :P

http://www.dit.ie/services/registration/timetables/

Casok wrote: »
    Here's the link to our timetable passwords and all that jazz .. especially for darren :P

http://www.dit.ie/services/registration/timetables/
    Am i missing somthing i dont remeber getting a login and a password :confused:

• Advertisement

Haha, did you clik the link ren? It's a link to the page that has the list of passwords and usernames!! Lol our username is "student built environment" and pass is "environment"

Enjoy looking at our slave labour :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 spraticus

At least you have hour long lunch breaks every day :(

Thursday night WTF :eek:

Well it's only on for one week for the tech students

spraticus wrote: »
    Well it's only on for one week for the tech students
    More studio work then I expected aswel :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sofi

Well then I guess it's good I lurrve Florence and the machine Julie!:D:D

Ok...
    Name: Sophie:rolleyes:
    Interests/socs: Music,art, probably join everything at the start:P
    How to notice: Em I'll be the unnoticable person, so you'll notice me then:)

Does anyone know if we have one of those "Guest" lectures every Thursday night?:confused: A 12 and a half hour day Yikes!!!:eek: They do sound mysterious though:cool:

It looks like every second week...... which is still a pain!

Hopefully there'll be some cool architects to brighten up a thursday night:rolleyes:

Name: Mark
    Interests/socs: Art, music, rugby, haven't a clue about what socs yet
    How to notice: The guy always wearing cords......:P

wooo you gotta love florence!!! did you get tickets today?!i was online at ten to 9 and i still didnt manage to get em!! sold out in seconds! :(
    im hoping for an extra date, so fingers crossed!!

cant believe we all start on monday!! ahh!
    and yes 9 -21:30 is crazy!! but its mostly studio which will be fun enough!! ...at least i hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Coco_16

i is hoping to get my hands on florence ticket 2 !! gonna search round for 1 ,,really hope they add extra date tho !:P

timetables a bit more jammers den i taut bt sure what d hell..ye!!

Name: Caisin..Kosh.. or Coco :L
    Interests/socs: music, art, fashion ..in that order.. up for joining everything :P
    How to notice: ehm ..i'm always cold so always wear scarves, hehe

Tbh dont fancy spending my thursday nights in college when i could be watchin skins or the inbetweeners, or even missing 3euro drinks, hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

hello all.

im a former arch tech student and its a great course but requires lots of hard work.

studio is an ongoing process and accounts for a good 70% of the wrk your going to be doing throughout the 3/4 years.

my advice is go to all your lectures, there is only about 10hours a week lectures and the other 30+ hours are studio work.

work load is fierce so its important to keep on top of it. do your assignments as soon as you get them, just go to the library for 2-3 hours and get them done and out of the way so you can concentrate on your studio work. i was spending 9am-9pm 4 days a week in 2nd year and burned out big time, had to repeat the year.

take this advice, i know what im talking about.

and most of all enjoy. the lecturers are bang on and cormac allen the department head is really into getting to know everyone, you will be on first name basis by end of year one.

coco, almost 18? whens the birthday!? we can have our own little archy party bash!! :P

and thanks for the heads up grodge, will keep that in mind!!! :D

so one day till we start!! whats everyones general feelings?! excited?!
    i cant wait myself, though i know ill spend a good amount of time getting lost and being confused....i cant wait for the proper week of studio and the likes to start...then we'll feel like proper architects!! :cool::p

Ahhh i cant wait, its gona be like first year all over again, without getting battered this time (fingers crossed) :pac:

kinda psyched now ..cant w8 for freshers nd finally gettn in 2 the swing of college life :L:L ... bt worried that i'l end up lost nd alone haha :P

and oh i'l tell u my birthday in person .. !hehe:P

Let the fun begin :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rira

aww bless ... freshers are so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

What are the suitability test and interview like for Architecture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭RJM22

Man reading this was funny.

Just about to start my last year here. Work load will be long but enjoyable - IMO it was much more enjoyable to spend my time chatting to friends/listening to music/drawing than spend it in a 3 hour chalk and talk lecture.

Just make sure you stay on top of your work and use your time in college effectively. That way there will be less stress and you will have all the time left over to go out/do soc's etc.

And if your going to go nuts...do it in second year, that's your biggest opportunity.

Best of luck - see you all at the sangria party.

RJM22 wrote: »
    Man reading this was funny.

Just about to start my last year here. Work load will be long but enjoyable - IMO it was much more enjoyable to spend my time chatting to friends/listening to music/drawing than spend it in a 3 hour chalk and talk lecture.

Just make sure you stay on top of your work and use your time in college effectively. That way there will be less stress and you will have all the time left over to go out/do soc's etc.

And if your going to go nuts...do it in second year, that's your biggest opportunity.

Best of luck - see you all at the sangria party.
    All 60plus of us, jesus the class is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

grodge wrote: »
    hello all.

im a former arch tech student and its a great course but requires lots of hard work.

studio is an ongoing process and accounts for a good 70% of the wrk your going to be doing throughout the 3/4 years.

my advice is go to all your lectures, there is only about 10hours a week lectures and the other 30+ hours are studio work.

work load is fierce so its important to keep on top of it. do your assignments as soon as you get them, just go to the library for 2-3 hours and get them done and out of the way so you can concentrate on your studio work. i was spending 9am-9pm 4 days a week in 2nd year and burned out big time, had to repeat the year.

take this advice, i know what im talking about.

and most of all enjoy. the lecturers are bang on and cormac allen the department head is really into getting to know everyone, you will be on first name basis by end of year one.

Just to echo what grodge said, its a very good course, provided you put the work in. However, for the next 3 to 4 years, say good bye to your family, friends, social life etc:P
    Well, its actually not that bad, I was generally able to get out once or twice a week for a "few" drinks:D

Do we need to have our materials in on monday or tuesday?

pretty sure they said tuesday! ..we're getting timetables mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

hey, Im Paul (obviously) and doing Architectural technology, just saw our timetable 32 hours a week (+1 on saturday?) we're finishing up at either 5 or six mon-thurs and on fridays we finish at 4.

so far I know like 3 peple on the course and was stupid enough not to get their numbers (or take them down right XD) I had my debs on tuesday so I missed part of the day, whats happening monday? drop me a PM if anyone on my course see's this..... or wants a friend :P
    Smiley, out

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭silasrat

hi paul, we're off on a trip somewhere on monday. costs e15 plus a few bob if u wanna buy lunch. dont know where were going but the leaves from the main door at 9:30..... i think for monday we need an A5 ring-binded sketch pad...camera.... pencils,shapener,eraser etc... dunno if anybody has PM'd ya already but feel free to pm me if ya want any more details, have the pages they gave us around here somewhere!........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 meath_boy1

silasrat wrote: »
    hi paul, we're off on a trip somewhere on monday. costs e15 plus a few bob if u wanna buy lunch. dont know where were going but the leaves from the main door at 9:30..... i think for monday we need an A5 ring-binded sketch pad...camera.... pencils,shapener,eraser etc... dunno if anybody has PM'd ya already but feel free to pm me if ya want any more details, have the pages they gave us around here somewhere!........

wen did they tell u that? was it on wednesday?
    ohh wat happened on wednesday?.................i missed it

Advertisement