Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

information on an abandoned house

Options
  • 03-09-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

hi all, i was looking through abandoned ireland earlier and i came across a building labelled the spirit house. the house is in co wicklow. i was wondering if anyone has any info on this ?? or maybe knows where it is in wicklow ?? heres the link for abandoned ireland - spirit house . http://www.abandonedireland.com/Spirit_House.html

any info is welcomed. thank you !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

"Spirit House" is just because it looks spooky

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

you wood nt think theres anything more to it ?? the guy from abandoned ireland does nt come across as a someone who would make up stuff just for the sake of a good story ?? he also said he was skeptical about the paranormal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zerotolerance

I have contacted the guy from Abandoned Ireland about that house and he is not very forthcoming with any info on it at all :( AT ALL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have contacted the guy from Abandoned Ireland about that house and he is not very forthcoming with any info on it at all :( AT ALL!

he's here on boards too, you could try ask him that way.
    I think he's pretty secretive about it though, don't blame him. these places are lovely gems

Tallon wrote: »
    he's here on boards too, you could try ask him that way.
    I think he's pretty secretive about it though, don't blame him. these places are lovely gems

is he ? thats good. would u have his name ?? or his contact info, so i could pm him .

• Advertisement

john 08 wrote: »
    is he ? thats good. would u have his name ?? or his contact info, so i could pm him .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=164343

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

That place is top secret ;)
    I don't give away location details easily cos I don't want people going round wrecking the places

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

AI is right, locations such as these exist due to the fact that they are generally unknown. They are fantastic records of past lives. Best left as they are imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Wow I love those VRs. AI, do you have a pic taken before everything went crash bang wallop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

AI wrote: »
    I don't give away location details easily cos I don't want people going round wrecking the places

It strikes me as kind of dangerous going around abandoned buildings. Do you go alone or with someone else? If you were to fall through floor boards and get stuck you migh end up haunting one of these places.

I'm fascinated with old buildings that have history. Since most of Ireland is privately owned how do you go about getting permission to investigate abandoned buildings. Is it done covertly or with owner permission?

Cheers
    X

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Wow I love those VRs. AI, do you have a pic taken before everything went crash bang wallop?

Unfortunately no pic before those things went flying!
    I thought about going back, stack the things up again and take a pic but I figured might as well just tell the story as it happened.
    That and I'd be crapping myself going back in that place!

i understand where your coming from. shame though. sounds like an interesting place to visit!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

I thought about going back, stack the things up again and take a pic but I figured might as well just tell the story as it happened.

any chance of a trip report?

sorry just read through ops link... that house runs a chill down my spine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sagittarius79

Great pics of that house AI. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, or whether my eyes are playing tricks on me here, but to me there seems to be a face in a window in one of your pictures of this house - the third one down on page 1? Sorry, to be clearer - its the first virtual reality shot, where you have written "I start to get a feeling I'm not alone in here..." below it? Even when you zoom in on the virtual reality shot there seems to be something there, the outline of a face in the window to the left of the fireplace.

If anyone else can see this great......if not, I'll be worried about my poor auld eyesight ;)

Great pics of that house AI. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, or whether my eyes are playing tricks on me here, but to me there seems to be a face in a window in one of your pictures of this house - the third one down on page 1? Sorry, to be clearer - its the first virtual reality shot, where you have written "I start to get a feeling I'm not alone in here..." below it? Even when you zoom in on the virtual reality shot there seems to be something there, the outline of a face in the window to the left of the fireplace.

If anyone else can see this great......if not, I'll be worried about my poor auld eyesight ;)
    :eek: omfg, ur right. there those appear to be a face in the window. its really visable !! excellent catch .

Thats crazy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That's pretty cool.

=-=

AI: what software do you use to make the panorama shots? Wouldn't mind using said software for some of my own panoramas.

Also, are you doing it manually, or using something like the the gigapan system?

john 08 wrote: »
    :eek: omfg, ur right. there those appear to be a face in the window. its really visable !! excellent catch .

Yikes! I didn't see that face before! freakkkyyy!! :eek::eek::eek:

Yikes! I didn't see that face before! freakkkyyy!! :eek::eek::eek:
    I see it too, looks like such a serene face with negro/african features to me. Beautiful, not spooky! Good call, Sagittarius79!

Edit: If this is paradolia, it is an absolutely stunning example. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Ok.Im gonna pay devils advocate and say maybe someone manipulated the image.Im not accusing A.I or anyone of anything but you got to take it for all angles.

Ive look at the image in photoshop and im thinking it may be picking up leafs in a bush ( see part of bush at top of window).

A.I have you got any Hi-Res images we could look at ?

• Advertisement

TechFreak wrote: »
    Ive look at the image in photoshop and im thinking it may be picking up leafs in a bush ( see part of bush at top of window).

A.I have you got any Hi-Res images we could look at ?

I won't be home for a few days so this is the best I can do at the moment. Probably just some dirt on the window? maybe somebody drew a face in the dirt on the window? That house has been up on my site for a month now and nobody spotted anything in that window before.. maybe now we're looking for a face that's just what we're seeing?

SpiritHouse1-filtered.jpg

window.JPG

What is interesting to me, is how the closer you get to the image (second vs first one above) the more it distorts, you loose part of the 'face'. That would make me inclined to believe that its an optical illusion. And AI, from the sounds of it, you are disinclined to go back and check it out! :D

the face is back in another picture. its the picture you took of the room where the drawers were threw against the wall. the virtual reality pic. look at the small window !! theres one or two other things but not really significant !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

looks like markings on the window pane to me

Oryx wrote: »
    I see it too, looks like such a serene face with negro/african features to me. Beautiful, not spooky! Good call, Sagittarius79!

Edit: If this is paradolia, it is an absolutely stunning example. :)

That is what I'm thinking aswell....maybe it is something to do with the wall or leaves outside. However, I find it strange that we are unable to see anything else clearly in that half of the windon, where is the rest of the tree/plant that can be seen clearly in the top half of the window for example?

I looked at this picture for the first time ever yesterday, didnt even know about AI's website until I followed the link on here and when I looked at that picture, the 'face' was the very first thing that caught my eye.

FAO AI - Just wondering if you managed to get a high res version of this photo or were able to examine it more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

That head looks massive, compare it to the size of the window itself or the cookers, I doubt it's paranormal but think I may have spotted something in a different picture.

Check out the photo below the 360 one, it looks like there is someone standing in the corner of a large fireplace. Sorry haven't the site infront of me at the moment I'll describe it better later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i see a pretty dirty window with a face drawn on it. nothing paranormal there.

FAO AI - Just wondering if you managed to get a high res version of this photo or were able to examine it more?

Sorry been on the road since my last post. Loads more epic abandoned discoveries :)

Just looked through my pics from that house. The ‘face’ is on the higher res VR just the same as the above. The bottom pain of glass looks like it's different from the top pain or the light is hitting it at a different direction or something. The VRs are compensated so the bright bits go darker and the dark bits go lighter so that’s why it’s looking a bit weird.

I’m attaching another pic of the window. Cropped and resized but otherwise unedited. Normal lens, taken 8 minutes after the VR. No ‘face’!

In my opinion just a bit of an optical illusion type thing going on in the VR.
    Though ya neva know just who’s watching ya!

win1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

After all its` in such good condition isn`t it?

Advertisement