Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivax in trouble?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

fricatus wrote: »
    Sorry for the people who lost their jobs - I hope you'll find something soon. :(
    where!!!

I wrote that more in hope than expectation, I'm afraid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Too many over paid cheif's,

Too many over paid. Full stop. Across the board.

False economy, correct, that everyone bought into!!!!

However, we need to see leadership from the Givernment NOW!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

I wrote that more in hope than expectation, I'm afraid...
    There was no malic in my reply either, it's just there is nothing happening here in the Job front.Even when this so called Celtic tiger visited this island, it's presence was nor really felt here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

well butty wrote: »
    Too many over paid. Full stop. Across the board.

False economy, correct, that everyone bought into!!!!

However, we need to see leadership from the Givernment NOW!!!!!!!!

Do you realy think that the people that were a major part of this situation , can realy bring stability back to the country.There whole ethos is ff first and the country second, they (ff) did get get us into this mess.

"WE NEED CHANGE" !! "NOW"

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Do you realy think that the people that were a major part of this situation , can realy bring stability back to the country.There whole ethos is ff first and the country second, they (ff) did get get us into this mess.

"WE NEED CHANGE" !! "NOW"

Bit of topic and I apologise.

That maybe so and I completely agree. But, do you thinka FG/Labour coalition is going to do any better. It is pretty certain that Enda Kenny is the next in line. But, will he lower the taxes again? Get rid of NAMA?

Have they made too many promises to change and won't be able to live up to them when they get in power?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

This one is going to get messy from the looks of things...

According to a mate who works there, the feeling after the meeting from some of the staff who are there a long time, is that they will try to use their seniority to take the jobs in the inhaler section. This could be bravado on their part, but apparently all of the union reps are from the tablet section, so they will be looking after number one!

I imagine the decision on seniority rests with head-office, and I honestly can't see it being given a moment's thought as the costs of cross-training and all that will be factored in. However, the very fact that the union guys are the ones getting cut, means stormy waters ahead.

gscully wrote: »
    This one is going to get messy from the looks of things...

According to a mate who works there, the feeling after the meeting from some of the staff who are there a long time, is that they will try to use their seniority to take the jobs in the inhaler section. This could be bravado on their part, but apparently all of the union reps are from the tablet section, so they will be looking after number one!

I imagine the decision on seniority rests with head-office, and I honestly can't see it being given a moment's thought as the costs of cross-training and all that will be factored in. However, the very fact that the union guys are the ones getting cut, means stormy waters ahead.

Seniority don't count in a Human Resource situation if the company can prove that the roles are not compatible. Hot air at the moment. Unfortunate all the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

i know that the union and the staff in solid dose are going to fight tooth and nail to take the jobs from the staff in the inhallations plant.
    would management have the power to overrule the union?
    the md said that the job losses only affect solid dose employees but i am sure the union will have some issues with that.

manus30 wrote: »
    i know that the union and the staff in solid dose are going to fight tooth and nail to take the jobs from the staff in the inhallations plant.
    would management have the power to overrule the union?
    the md said that the job losses only affect solid dose employees but i am sure the union will have some issues with that.

They legally cannot do it. They two skill sets are different. The management can legally let them go, even if they are there longer. However, this is Ireland with Unions occupied by neanderthal men with antiquated ideas of how the system works! Never say never!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

The fact of the matter is that Inhalations and Solid dose are under the one banner which is Teva. When starting with teva the company decide on where to put you depending on how busy either plant is. It has happened many times before that when inhalations were not that busy the people with sceneority over there have taken jobs from the Solid Dose people with less sceneority than them. So no way can i see a situation that a guy with 20 years service in Solid Dose will be out the door ahead of a guy that has only a few years service in Inhalations. It will be interesting to see what happens but i'm thinking it could turn nasty.

• Advertisement

mickger wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is that Inhalations and Solid dose are under the one banner which is Teva. When starting with teva the company decide on where to put you depending on how busy either plant is. It has happened many times before that when inhalations were not that busy the people with sceneority over there have taken jobs from the Solid Dose people with less sceneority than them. So no way can i see a situation that a guy with 20 years service in Solid Dose will be out the door ahead of a guy that has only a few years service in Inhalations. It will be interesting to see what happens but i'm thinking it could turn nasty.

What i would say to the workers who fear that seniority will be pulled on them, go straight to your solicitor, don't mind the union. There are more than enough laws here to protect the employee. Don't let the union look after their mates!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

I hope to God that Mary Coughlan will finally get her trotter out of her hole and do something about jobs in Waterford. She could start by treating us like Limerick and Galway, rather than like Longford or Castlebar! :mad:

I know that a "task force" is the Pavlovian reaction to any major job losses, and ultimately does very little, but we don't even have a bloody task force! :mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused:

Sorry for the people who lost their jobs - I hope you'll find something soon. :(
    Wouldnt it be nice to hear something from Helicopter Cullen now? Maybe he is oversaes on holidays while his constituency is falling apart. Waste of space that man. We need a jackie Healy rae here. might be dopey acting but he gets it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I hope to God that Mary Coughlan will finally get her trotter out of her hole and do something about jobs in Waterford. /QUOTE]

You're kidding right? When Dell announced they were moving their manufacturing base to Poland Coughlan said that these weren't the jobs we were after anyway, we want higher spec jobs. Such bulls**t. Without a manufacturing base an economy is lost and this government haven't grasped that. The UK in the 80's went the same way thinking services and banking was the way to go and they have never recovered. I think it's too late but I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Very serious alright. And this is the type of industry the Govt have been plugging as the future of the economy.
    On a broader note though, I know unions are important to have and all the rest but they can have too much of a bearing on things. Do you think the union are a concern in Hungary; doubt it somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Wouldnt it be nice to hear something from Helicopter Cullen now?

Are you SERIOUS Cullen dosen't give a kcuF.

Advertisement