Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivax in trouble?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Just got a phonecall from a friend, apparently staff were called today and told not to come in, and that there'll be an announcement made on Monday regarding all staff.. anybody hear anything about this?

Disasterous stuff, just when you think things are starting to pick up a bit :(

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Very sad if true, Good friend of mine has worked there for years is mortgaged and the nine yards. Suppose best not speculate until an official statement from them etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

Yep it is true I,ve worked there for 14 years , Told today not to come to work tomorrow or Monday morning also no Night shift to ninhgt or any work over the weekend, Big meeting for all staff at 9.45 in the morning. Worried sick.
    ziedth wrote: »
    Very sad if true, Good friend of mine has worked there for years is mortgaged and the nine yards. Suppose best not speculate until an official statement from them etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

sh1tE!!!!!!

The best of luck folks!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Very strange TBH, things looked to be looking good for 2010 especially when you see articles like this

http://www.tribune.ie/business/news/article/2009/aug/30/israeli-recovery-may-be-a-boon-to-waterfords-teva-/

no production until 2pm Monday, so strange. Lets pray if it is bad news it's minimal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

jesus doesn't sound good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Christ this does not sound good, especially as i read the article in the tribune on sunday if that place goes the estate will be like a ghost town.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Ausone

I don't work out in Teva, but I do know the industry.

Teva has no other inhalation site.
    The recently won a court case against GSK (who are appealling) regarding a patent of a combination inhaler.

They recently made space by outsourcing their distribution system.

They are gearing up for a new combination inhaler facility, unfortunately other thing may also be happening with solid dosage forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Would the fact that they stopped production maybe indicate that there was some sort of recall on a product? I know it's wishful thinking not to be thinking redundancies but for a company that was seemingly doing very well to make such a sudden move it might suggest something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

On the RTE 6 news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

terrible news, our thoughts should be with the employees at a time like this terrible thing to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Nolanger wrote: »
    On the RTE 6 news.

didnt see it. What did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Both my parents work there, rumours and I stress rumours, are that there closing the tablet operation. The meeting is tomorrow and not monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

wheres waterfords task force???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

my brothers been there for a good few years making the inhalers and from what im hearing its not going to be good, i've heard that tablets are gone and inhalers are going to be moved to another country within the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They were trumpeting 165 new jobs in May, why such a sudden reappraisal?

http://www.biotechnologyireland.com/POOLED/articles/bf_newsart/view.asp?Q=bf_newsart_299812

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Source on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

What in gods name lead any of you to believe that things are looking up?

Don't hold your breath folks,it'll be a while.
    We've all got to be realistic and not kid ourselves into thinking otherwise,every reliable source points out that we'll be in the mire for a long time yet.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but it's in everyones interests to at least be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Best of luck guys... I hope its not too bad news. I was working across the road in Sun Life and was made redundant from there a few months back... its not a nice pill to swallow and there is no work out there!

Best of luck!

Ill be listening on news and here for updates!

DG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Any news here??

• Advertisement

Pat Kenny is talking about this in a moment.

www.rte.ie/radio1

315 (?) jobs to go. Solid Dose tablet facility to close. Production to Hungary factory it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I am hearing from someone in the meeting, the loss of the tablet division and 315 jobs over the next 12 months.....

The only "good" news is that its not a big-bang cutback by Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Another blow for waterford...........greatest sympathy for everyone involved!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I hope to God that Mary Coughlan will finally get her trotter out of her hole and do something about jobs in Waterford. She could start by treating us like Limerick and Galway, rather than like Longford or Castlebar! :mad:

I know that a "task force" is the Pavlovian reaction to any major job losses, and ultimately does very little, but we don't even have a bloody task force! :mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused:

Sorry for the people who lost their jobs - I hope you'll find something soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

what is the irish gov and local council doing to keep jobs in waterford.

Moving to hungary, dell to poland etc

Ireland has been built on a false economy the past few years and is only realising now how bad a state we are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

fricatus wrote: »
    I hope to God that Mary Coughlan will finally get her trotter out of her hole and do something about jobs in Waterford. She could start by treating us like Limerick and Galway, rather than like Longford or Castlebar! :mad:

I know that a "task force" is the Pavlovian reaction to any major job losses, and ultimately does very little, but we don't even have a bloody task force! :mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused:

Sorry for the people who lost their jobs - I hope you'll find something soon. :(

where!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

savic04 wrote: »
    what is the irish gov and local council doing to keep jobs in waterford.

Moving to hungary, dell to poland etc

Ireland has been built on a false economy the past few years and is only realising now how bad a state we are in.
    Too many over paid cheif's,

Advertisement