Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First day of college.....anyone terrified? *Account of first day*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Abigayle wrote: »
    You think these girls are going to be psyched you brought a bottle of lube?! These aren't dried up old ladies, they're good to go :pac:

Registration next week, looking forward to it.

I am a girl!! :pac:

But if the lube is goin for free I sure as hell won't say no! Think of all the practical uses....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Going to college is a doddle, paying for it is where the terror comes in.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

terrified ?you can do what the hell you want......
    :D

you can smoke you can miss lectures get drunk stay up all night trippin out of your mind on mind altering drugs....

waking up in strange women's bed....
    doing the walk of shame :D or her......

good things a but collage new music, new people, fun time's...

best time of my life

and ive done a hatric in collages and I'm going again
    but htis time will be different

1 year to go :cool:

terrified ?you can do what the hell you want......
    :D

you can smoke you can miss lectures get drunk stay up all night trippin out of your mind on mind altering drugs....

waking up in strange women's bed....
    doing the walk of shame :D or her......

good things a but collage new music, new people, fun time's...

best time of my life

and ive done a hatric in collages and I'm going again
    but htis time will be different

1 year to go :cool:

Well thats what i hope it'll be like! Except for the strange women in my bed.....Actually no, collage is all about experimentation! :D

collage is like this you get the fresh out of school wet behind the eared folk they get drunk puke and well pretty useless at most things

you get the mid 20s who are still young and well there either nut case's

then

you get the old fazed in dudes or chicks who know what they want to do and are really wise but try not to go out partying because

when they do

they drink every one under the table.... and then well thast a different story all together

:ps if you get any women in the 29 to 30 avoid at all costs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

/looks at username

Ohhhh. I see.. very good =P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

pfft i hate the place, dread going in everyday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No worries. You can get them free at the family planning clinic. As well as free lube! Sorted! :D

Jeasus, you get free lube as well? Seriously??? :confused:

Feck that, this old fart is up for re-enrolling again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

But if the lube is goin for free I sure as hell won't say no! Think of all the practical uses....

lube.. girl..

PICS OR GTFO!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

lube.. girl..

PICS OR GTFO!!

Stuff the pics! Send me an invite! :D

• Advertisement

WooHoo so lube=popularity! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Don't worry, MmmmmCheese, you'll love it. It'll change your life.

so so true , *sighs*

Ten years from now you'll be willing give your 2 legs to go back and relive it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Correction. You're my kind of girl. :cool:
    Yes, popularity among pervy guys on an internet forum. It's a start.

so does to women in a paddling pule for of lube :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Greyfox

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Going to college is a doddle, paying for it is where the terror comes in.:eek:

True, I'm jealous of the OP as would love to experience a first day of college again, but it's far too expensive!

K4t wrote: »
    Correction. You're my kind of girl. :cool:

Yes, popularity among pervy guys on an internet forum. It's a start.

Ah don't call yourself a pervy guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Ah don't call yourself a pervy guy

K4t and MmmmmCheese get a room!
    Then film what happens and put it up here for our amusement:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I'm going into second year and I remember the first day of going up to college.
    Parents bringing me up in the car to the apartment and me bricking it in the backseat worried that the people in my apartment were going to be horrible, mean nasty people, that I'd never fit in and that college was going to be jut like going into secondary school with yer little groups... judgement all over the shop ect.

I not going to go into detail, but basically what you need to know is that everybody in first year is actually desperate for friends.

It's now the 2nd of September and Lectures don't start until the 7th. I'm going back up tomorrow and I can't wait.
    I've been begging my parents to bring me up earlier during the week, but they wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I poo a little at the mention of first day! for all the wrong reasons

Wooo UL! I love all of your suggestions. People will think I'm a nutjob but hey, it'll get me noticed! :D

Didn't realise you were going to UL.
    You'll love it!

• Advertisement

I'm going into second year and I remember the first day of going up to college.
    Parents bringing me up in the car to the apartment and me bricking it in the backseat worried that the people in my apartment were going to be horrible, mean nasty people, that I'd never fit in and that college was going to be jut like going into secondary school with yer little groups... judgement all over the shop ect.

I not going to go into detail, but basically what you need to know is that everybody in first year is actually desperate for friends.

It's now the 2nd of September and Lectures don't start until the 7th. I'm going back up tomorrow and I can't wait.
    I've been begging my parents to bring me up earlier during the week, but they wouldn't.

Thanks that actually makes me feel a lot better because i was afraid college was gonna be like secondary school with all the little cliques!

Like i consider myself a friendly person i just need a little cooperation from other people! :D

I am starting Pharmacy in two weeks, can't wait for the new college.

Thanks that actually makes me feel a lot better because i was afraid college was gonna be like secondary school with all the little cliques!

Like i consider myself a friendly person i just need a little cooperation from other people! :D

It's the most overused phrase I know but seriously: If you just be yourself in college you'll be loved.
    I find and most other people find in college that the most annoying people in college are the people that try way too hard to be tough or the people that change their own values/morals in order to fit in with everyone.

If you think something, stand by it and you'll earn the trust and respect of your peers much more easier than faking. :D

Oh, and you're free from the cliques! Woo hoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

genericguy wrote: »
    that didn't work in bray, doubt it'll work in college.
    too soon.... nah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

will be the 10th anniversary of me starting college next monday :D

took a little getting used to i was a little older than most and hadn't done a leaving cert, but after the first month or so i loved it, still have loads of friends from college, best years of your life, enough every minute, would do again in a heartbeat given the chance

Oh, and you're free from the cliques! Woo hoo!

Well thank god for that because i sure am sick of the stupid little groups of scumbags/D4's and whatever else. Just wanna make some good friends and have a good time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i hated secondary school so much i left :D

no comparison between the two, its when the class is split into smaller groups that you will make friends e.g. when i went on to portgrad in galway there were 14 of us and we all went out every week, many of that class have since got married and we have been at the weddings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I cant wait for college, but then again nearly everyone I know is goin to the same college as me so i suppose that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My son's starting Ncad at the end of September, he's dead nervous about the whole thing, living away from home for the first time etc. It was grand to be able to show him all these positive comments.:)

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    My son's starting Ncad at the end of September, he's dead nervous about the whole thing, living away from home for the first time etc. It was grand to be able to show him all these positive comments.:)

Glad he feels better about it :)
    Thanks to all for your reassurance, I'm lookin forward to my first day a lot more now.

Advertisement