Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up your life for the leavin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

Your teacher is just using scare tactics, don't worry. You will not remember the stuff you learn/revise over the coming months next June! The long hours will have to be put in after Easter, so relax. For now, just stay focused on your work, do an hour or two of study every night, and relax! By all means keep up the sport, and a part time job should be fine for now. After christmas, I'd say ditch the job till summer as it IS a distraction, despite what some people may say.

LC year will fly, just stay focused and you'll be fine. I got 525 points last year without ditching my social life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

Great to see that school hasn't changed much in the 10 years since I left. Students are still stuck with tired middle aged educators, who's only skills are to drill a curriculum and have no knowledge or concern for any other cognitive construct of the human mind. If every student locked themselves away and did nothing else for the year like this "teacher" has requested, their mental health could suffer extreme damage.

My advice is ignore idiots like that and find a healthy balance throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I went out every weekend and still grand in the leaving cert. Giving up your life is a load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

*DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE* But I missed atleast 3/4 of 6th year due to ill health and did no study while out.... I went in for the days that mattered like field trips etc. I *knuckled* down 2-3 weeks before the leaving and crammed like crazy during the exams. I had no notes and used the 3 refill pads for my subjects. I really went all out though the last 2 weeks and came out with 390 while the highest in my school was 415 i came joint second in my retarded school... I didnt try cos i honestly thought i would be repeating but said 'what the heck' i'l give it a go the last 2 weeks. So if you guys pay attention and cram you'll be fine. Enjoy sixth year it really is the best year in school. Sorry if this is hard to read i'm typing off my mobile. Do the best you can you'll find a study pattern to suit around your lifestyle. If i can do well despite being sick anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I just started 6th year and my principal didnt even give us a speech he said we were old enough to know what we had to do! But he did say not to give up all our actvities out side of school which i agree with(go for the sports).
    Even though i only started on Tuesday i've been swamped with work and didn't think i'd be able to go dancing yesterday but i did and just stayed up a bit later to get it all done.
    I hope i'm not swamped the whole time though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement