Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA-GALWAY

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Handed in my letter of registration on the 11th. Still no book allowance... *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Tzetze wrote: »
    Handed in my letter of registration on the 11th. Still no book allowance... *sigh*

Same as! Sheesh!

There's little to no information forthcoming at all from the BTEA department in Galway regarding peoples application, if they've been processed, when they can expect to be switched over to the BTEA payment, can expect to receive the cost of materials allowance etc...

I mean I know they're probably inundated with apps this year but jeez at least answer your phones or just send a quick letter to people letting them know where they stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xinchao

Just reading all yer posts in this thread.
    I think this is a nation-wide problem. I live in clare and the Ennis branch is the same. They never answer the phone and if they do answer it, it's just to pick it up and put it down again, which is so annoying, however the government has said it's because they are so busy. and i can understand that to a point. but you would think that if they answered the phone then people wouldn't be forming the queues so much? anyway I applied for my BTEA programme in June.
    Yes, June! Only received my letter of acceptance last week. But i had to fight my way to get it. I called up to the office half a dozen times. Eventually i got someone's extension number there and could ring directly and got through.
    But that person then couldn't find my application and said would i think of re-applying again? hahaha..By the way this was in the middle of August. I told him quite calmly that i had applied and through another more provincial branch and that they handled the application so IT must be there. He looked for about 20 minutes and came back and said yes they had received it. but the woman who was responsible for it had retired in the start of August and they hadn't anyone to replace her yet.
    But i said i had applied back in June not August, so it should have been looked at by now. Yer man just looked at me and gave me a wry smile. haha..
    So he said he would process it for me as soon as he could. By then three weeks later, a week into University, i rang him again to check on it. He wasn't there, but a woman answered the phone, she said she would pass on the message to him, he rang a week later, and said what do i want, so i told him my name and said i had my letter from the University stating that i was registered etc and should i send it in immediately just to speed up the application process seeing that I AM at University already. He quite smugly said i was jumping the gun a bit and i should fill out an application form first. I think i was crying at this stage, haha, so eventually i mustered my compose together and informed him that I had already met him, and we chatted about this and he was handling my case, personally, he admitted that he had not really done much and BUT would this time. He told me to send in the letter from the University and so i did. I got a letter last week stating that i was accepted but i needed to get a letter from the University stating my registration. Gezzzzzzzzzzz....
    but all things end well i suppose, i got it anyway, that's the main thing. I should be glad i got it in the first place. But BOY you really have to work for it!;)

Another week, and still no book allowance. I've a stack of books to be bought, not to mention registration fee to be paid back. Three weeks now since I handed in the letter of registration. Anyone get their allowance yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

nope not a sign. im going to try and head down tomorrow and find out what's happening :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WiseMona

Got the letter stating I will get the BTEA (last Monday) YEAH!
    However, I have no idea when the funds will come.....................doesn't sound like it will be anytime soon.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭chriz

WiseMona wrote: »
    Got the letter stating I will get the BTEA (last Monday) YEAH!
    However, I have no idea when the funds will come.....................doesn't sound like it will be anytime soon.:rolleyes:

Same here im still waiting hopefully we will get it before christmas. :confused:

Anyone hear anything back from the BTEA office in Galway since?

I got a letter about 2/3 weeks ago saying that my application was succesful, however haven't heard anything since!

How do I know when they've switched my claim over to the BTEA?

Also does anyone know how the E500 materials allowance is paid - is it via cheque or bank transfer or what?

Thanks all!

Hope some of you have good news by now! :)

Well Lads n'girls,
    I got the BTEA notice a few weeks ago, and had to send in the official registration papers to the Social Welfare Office in order to complete the application and have access to funds. I still have heard nothing and when I went to collect my dole money today - there was nothing there for me :eek:........................so to make a long story even longer ;) I reckon I will be getting the BTEA this week??

Does anyone know if it is paid weekly/monthly? I have no idea whether or not it is paid via check or direct deposit to the pitiful bank account:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Its paid into your account everyweek. Thursday for me

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Its paid into your account everyweek. Thursday for me

And tamorrow is Thursday!:D Here's hoping! Anyone in Galway hear about their GRANT yet? Anyone get a letter of acknowledgement from Galway Co. Council?

Still no sign of the 500, 4 weeks after handing in the registration letter. I think I'm receiving BTEA payments though, because I haven't had a signing reminder for ages now.

Anyone in Galway received their 500 yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭chriz

Tzetze wrote: »
    Still no sign of the 500, 4 weeks after handing in the registration letter. I think I'm receiving BTEA payments though, because I haven't had a signing reminder for ages now.

Anyone in Galway received their 500 yet?

Nope not yet, there waiting for some people to drop out of ther course so they dont have to pay them the 500. ;)

Woop! Got my BTEA weekly allowance today. Still no sign of the 500 fee. I phoned Galway office today and they said it would not be issued for at least 4 more weeks.;)

I got a letter about 6 weeks ago saying that I had been approved for the BTEA and had been successful in my application - yet today I get a letter to sign on for Jobseekers Allowance next week. :confused:

Anyone else get this in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

My dp didn't get his btea today as it was suspended as he hadn't signed on. He never got a signing reminder and wasn't even supposed to sign as he is on btea. I'd go upstairs and ask them about it as you don't want to risk being cut off. They don't seem to be particularly efficient there.

I got a letter about 6 weeks ago saying that I had been approved for the BTEA and had been successful in my application - yet today I get a letter to sign on for Jobseekers Allowance next week. :confused:

Anyone else get this in Galway?

Yep, I've just experienced the same. Came home to find a signing reminder in the post! I got the same letter confirming that I'm entitled to BTEA for a second year, and handed in confirmation of registration 6 weeks ago.

I've only one lecture at 9 on a Friday, so will be straight over to enquire about this situation after that. At least I'm not the only one who experienced this, and they probably already know that it has happened, but I'll go in and see if I can get some info regardless.

Hi there,
    I got my BTEA allowance as promised first deposited into the bank account and also found the signing on sheet in the post when I got home. I phoned the Galway office and they said it is just automated - and I do not have to sign on. I am however going to pop over there tomorrow with that notice and the letter from them to show I am now on BTEA - just incase they cut me off. They are inundated with claims and have been very nice to me on the phone.;) - anyone get the book allowance yet??

Hey Guys!

Just wondering if anyone here got the Book Allowance yet?

I got that sign on reminder slip there on the 15th October, went into the office the next day, the 16th, to be told like the rest of you, that it was a mistake no need to sign on etc...

Whilst I was there the lady also said to me that I should be receiving the book allowance soon and that they were being sent out the following week.

Well that week has come and past, still no sign on book allowance though.

Anyone here dealing with Galway SW get that Allowance yet?

I went in to see the BTEA lady after getting the yellow slip too. Was also told to ignore it and to expect to see the book allowance in a couple of weeks. So, I'm half-expecting to see it tomorrow...

Well, here's tomorrow and still no sign of it. No surprises at all really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭seand333

Hey Guys!

Just wondering if anyone here got the Book Allowance yet?

I got that sign on reminder slip there on the 15th October, went into the office the next day, the 16th, to be told like the rest of you, that it was a mistake no need to sign on etc...

Whilst I was there the lady also said to me that I should be receiving the book allowance soon and that they were being sent out the following week.

Well that week has come and past, still no sign on book allowance though.

Anyone here dealing with Galway SW get that Allowance yet?

Yea, I get the BTEA in Galway and I got my book allowance a week ago, badly needed!

Book allowance finally arrived this morning. \o/

Got the book allowance today, whoo! :D

Also got a reminder to "sign on" too for next week - I'm presuming it's ok to ignore this??

Advertisement