Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you use medicine?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I won't take medicine if I have a headache/cramps/whatever and I'm sitting around at home or something.

But if I need to be up and about, then definitely . . . and anytime I feel a sore throat coming on, I take whatever I can to soothe it and reduce the discomfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

deisedude wrote: »
    I think laughter is the best medicine so when i feel sick i dress up cats and make them dance. Cheaper than panadol too

:eek: Me too. Are we related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Usually if its a headache i try to treat the cause, so i eat,drink water, get some fresh air, cut out caffeine,use an icepack.
    However if its persistent or shaping up to be a migraine will i take something.

Mr.Obvious wrote: »

As for natural remedies.......I once woke up at 5am with the most excruciating stomach pain. I figured a fap would cause an endorphin release which would help ease my pain. It actually kinda worked :eek:.

yea nothin clears a badly blocked nose like a good fap.. not sure how it works but it just does.

obviously this can be socially awkward if done outside the privacy of your own home/portaloo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i suffer from chronic pain ( accident two years ago ) so im on painkillers all the time , varys from four a day up to eight , my gp wont prescribe me morphine based painkillers as he says i will become addicted , screw that , better a junky than eternal pain :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Not a big fan of doctors or medicine. I don't take any medicines, literally ever. Don't see the need for them. The only time I've ever spent a night in hospital, birth aside, was having when I had my tonsils out. I remember it as if it were yesterday but it was 1960. Oh, I had wisdom teeth out in 1994. Apart from that nothing. People are getting soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Does Beer/Vodka/Absinthe count?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

had one saturday nite.. thought id be immune to illness for at least a fortnight :P

Sipping on one right now to cure the illness before I go out - crowded pubs... never know when ya could catch the oul' swine flu!

ah dont sicken me, shud be havin one right now aswell if i was fit..

maybe granny was right tho, a glass a day would be better than a bottle in a night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

never.herb ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ah dont sicken me, shud be havin one right now aswell if i was fit..

maybe granny was right tho, a glass a day would be better than a bottle in a night!

LOL epic :pac:

I know it's gone beyond a joke when I start buyin the stuff by the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

:eek: Me too. Are we related?

Dad, Is it you? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

genericguy wrote: »

and robitussin conquers all.
    The non-drowsy one for dry coughs makes you trip balls if you down a few bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I never feel better when I take medicine so I just don't bother. Except for that time I got food poisoning and the doctor put a tablet in my bum. :o:(:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Novella wrote: »
    I never feel better when I take medicine so I just don't bother. Except for that time I got food poisoning and the doctor put a tablet in my bum. :o:(:eek:

Can't believe you fell for it, oldest trick in the book:pac:

Damn docs and their pervy ways:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Rarely anymore, I try and sleep it off or work out a bit, whatever I am able for. I only get the odd headache now and again anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Hot whiskey for a cold. I'd rather people call me a shocking Hypochondriac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Ugh, I just woke up with a nasty cold so I'm findin this quite topical. Supposed to be goin the picnic so anything to make me better now I'll probably take.... advice peeps? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

only tend to use medicine recreationally. :pac: other than that, ill put up with headaches and colds and chest infections and the like. not really had any other problems over the last few years that required seeing a doctor/taking meds. dont like doctors or *having* to take meds in general though. never take painkillers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dont use medicine; medicine uses me.

tbh though yeah, I will use medicine when its due. Thats what its made for. I wont jump straight down to the cabinet for every little pain and throb but if somethings annoying me like a chronic headache then yeah I will pop 2 of the ol' hail marys, sure. During a bad chest infection - the most meds I was ever on at once - there was a Ventolin enhaler, Steroids, and Antibiotics. An ear infection saw an antibiotic, a very lovely, knock you out pain reliever (I needed it - that in-ear cyst was a monster throbbing bitch) and ear drops.

Advertisement