Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Options 09

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Didnt get any free pens- Im disgusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

It was fun, but packed, trying to get through people to get stuff took ages.

No free pens :(
    few people in my year got some from DCU though, and one of the English accounting schools.

We didn't wear our uniforms, I'd say there were more people without uniform there than with, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Didn't wear our uniforms. Guards were there. Army/Navy/Air Corp were not :(:(

Just got a Griffith College bag and a Dublin School of Business bag! Friend got a USB stick off NUIM though :)

Gotta load of prospectuses (prospecti?) though

How did you guys find the talks? I went to 'How To Choose Your Career' and 'Working in Science'. Didnt find them that helpful tbh. More common sense and anecdotes the useful information

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Wasnt as good as last years iv got to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Dubs wrote: »
    Wasnt as good as last years iv got to say.
    Did anyon get a student planner thing in the Irish times??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

What the hell is higher options?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

clickeh!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's basically a place where you can get really good drugs to get yourself higher than normal.... but they're optional and not mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I went today and stuck out by a mile, everyone was in their own clothes and i was in a bright blue uniform :o
    The talk on hto choose a career was pretty bad imo and so many people left but that could have been due to some people down the back!. The science one was alright have heard it all before though.
    Was a good day but i was there for way too long : (

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I was there today got a pen off one of the liverpool colleges....it was a bit crappy that loads of the uk colleges didnt have any of them books to hand out...i went to the energy talk i thought it was a bit crappy cos ur man just talked about constructuion really....but got loads of info today so i read over them during the weekend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

LovexxLife wrote: »
    I was there today got a pen off one of the liverpool colleges....it was a bit crappy that loads of the uk colleges didnt have any of them books to hand out...i went to the energy talk i thought it was a bit crappy cos ur man just talked about constructuion really....but got loads of info today so i read over them during the weekend..

Talks in general weren't that great at all, weren't they?

Some of the UK colleges have some pretty interesting courses, alot more varied then here. But probably goin to end up here for the craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Talks in general weren't that great at all, weren't they?

Some of the UK colleges have some pretty interesting courses, alot more varied then here. But probably goin to end up here for the craic :D

Yea it seems to be that way that the talks were all crappy....yea like da uk seem to have like loads and loads of courses i might i apply to da ucuas to keep my options open but say i prob stay here...

DigiGal wrote: »
    Did anyon get a student planner thing in the Irish times??

Yeah that was nice that we got that and the Times:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

anyone going to the college information thing in rochestown park hotel in cork in october?

Conor108 wrote: »
    Yeah that was nice that we got that and the Times:)
    I desperately need one, think I could Email the times and get the to send one out

Give it a shot I suppose. But do it as soon as you can, you'd probably get one:) Finished on Friday didn't it? Theres probably a good bit of stuff leftover

Conor108 wrote: »
    Give it a shot I suppose. But do it as soon as you can, you'd probably get one:) Finished on Friday didn't it? Theres probably a good bit of stuff leftover
    Emailed em yesterday, hoping i'll get one

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

I thought it was well worth going up to,
    got a cool pen off froebel but that was the only free be i got, didnt get a usb stick but made up my mind about which course to take so win some lose some!! The talk about careers in law was very good. One bad point, the woman at the colaiste mhuire marino stand was really rude and direct. Oh well NUI Maynooth bitches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

cork*girl wrote: »
    anyone going to the college information thing in rochestown park hotel in cork in october?

Probably! Went to it last year and found it very good. It's like 2 seconds away from my house too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭woodzyx

NUI Maynooth bitches!!

I'm there :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement