Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Options 09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

This the one in the RDS ?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Then I shall see you there, bought the ticket today.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

what bus from stillorgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Im goin on Friday....schools bringin us on train, adventure. Choo-choo! (Sorry..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Im goin on Friday....schools bringin us on train, adventure. Choo-choo! (Sorry..)
    I'm tempted to "you need to get out..." but no, you gotta like trains:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

ayumi wrote: »
    what bus from stillorgan?

you could get the 46 or 84 and ask the driver the let you off at donnybrook bus garage. About a 10 minute walk from there down anglesey road

pathway33 wrote: »
    you could get the 46 or 84 and ask the driver the let you off at donnybrook bus garage. About a 10 minute walk from there down anglesey road
    thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

pathway33 wrote: »

actually the 84 seems to turn right at donnybrook church and go down anglesea road past the RDS according to this http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84/

so that would save you a walk but they don't go that often so more likely you'll see a 46 first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

The dart is really handy if you're near it

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Found out today that were going to this:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

creggy wrote: »
    Go to NUIM's table for USB sticks

+1. They've come in so handy.

Personnally I went to the few that pop up during the year, but don't bother, just go to one, I used one probably and then the others I just left after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Going to this on wednesday, getting train up from Kildare with my year.. Anyone know how many schools go each day?! Hope its not too jammed..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 calleochosam

Yeah, Im really interested in going to this too on the thursday, but does anyone know where to purchase tickets? I emailed higheroptions@irishtimes.com to request tickets last night around 9 but I still havent got any reply! Hopefully we can buy them on the door?

:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Yeah, Im really interested in going to this too on the thursday, but does anyone know where to purchase tickets? I emailed higheroptions@irishtimes.com to request tickets last night around 9 but I still havent got any reply! Hopefully we can buy them on the door?

:D:pac:

Our guidance counselor told us we can get them at the door and not to bother getting tickets. €10 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 20 calleochosam

RexMundi wrote: »
    Our guidance counselor told us we can get them at the door and not to bother getting tickets. €10 I believe

Thanks, no worries now, it wont be a wasted journey from Dún Na nGall anyway! Cheers!
    :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

No free pens or usb sticks:(

But NUI galway have cool bags:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

No free pens or usb sticks:(

But NUI galway have cool bags:p

I got the usual free pen from UCD Quinn School of Business, and the USB stick from NUI Maynooth. As well as the bags of course ^^
    Was a great day. The engineering talk was quite good as well.
    What did you all think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Yeah I think I got to the Shelbourne Hall too late!
    I thought it was really good. The people at UCD were the most helpful, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Were the Army there?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Total lack of freebies this year :(..

All I got was a Griffith College bag...
    Not even one free pen :(

• Advertisement

Total lack of freebies this year :(..

All I got was a Griffith College bag...
    Not even one free pen :(

aww ul lol, if you go to some of the open days you will get your free pens :D

As Connor said where the army/Gardai at it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Both the Army and the Gardai were there. The Gardai had a car inside and stuff like that.

were there pple without uniform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No, you must wear your uniform or you don't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm going tomorrow :D Want to go to two talks at eleven though,, i guess i'll just have to pick. Were the lectures any good?

ru sure,my guidance teacher told us to wear our own clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Some schools don't even have uniforms, of course you don't have to :rolleyes:

Just make sure you have your tickets or get them off your guidance teachers

Last year the majority of people there were just in normal clothes...

I don't think its true if it was what about the schools that don't have uniforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

SantryRed wrote: »
    No, you must wear your uniform or you don't get in.
    We were there today without uniform although most did seem to be in their uniform.
    Had a good day, found out lots of info and I think I pretty much settled on a course after today. With the exeption of a newspaper didnt see any free stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

didnt the army pull out.. why would they be there anyways they cant hire for 2 year anyway, just getting people hopes up, it was only the garda reserve as the full guards arent hiring atm either

Advertisement