Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Societies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

It won't be the week coming anyway. Probably the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Yeah Im pretty sure its next week that you can sign up for societies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Can't wait!
    Kickboxing. Kickboxing. Kickboxing!
    Oh, and yoga!
    :D

I can't wait for sign up day. =P Im bringing in my old SNES and Mario for the Games Soc desk. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't wait!
    Kickboxing. Kickboxing. Kickboxing!
    Oh, and yoga!
    :D

Big girls blouse!:D MMA and boxing is were it's at (although I defo can't see me going to every session as my timetable is aload of poo).:(

• Advertisement

Linoud wrote: »
    I can't wait for sign up day. =P Im bringing in my old SNES and Mario for the Games Soc desk. =]

If they have Tekken, I'm joining! :D
    Big girls blouse!:D MMA and boxing is were it's at (although I defo can't see me going to every session as my timetable is aload of poo).:(

Mine's ok. In 9-5 on Thursdays and Fridays though :(

I'll try get someone to bring Tekken in for one of the signup days then. :P
    I'll be the green guy you see around the desk, or the college. I've been wearing green all week. Just shout Ken or Link at me and you'll get my attention. :P

If they have Tekken, I'm joining! :D

Mine's ok. In 9-5 on Thursdays and Fridays though :(

10-4 on Monday, 9 -5 on Wednesday, 9-4 Tuesday and Thursday and 9 - 11 Friday (:cool:)!

Hopefully get to a few, I seen the boxing is on at 5 so should be ok, depends when MMA is on and I'm guessing poker would be a night job.

Joined boxing soc today, only person to join as of 2.30pm today:D, probably join up to MMA and Poker (if they're about tomorrow).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Anyone else join the net society? I joined but was in a hurry so forgot to ask details on it. Anyone care to fill me in :p

• Advertisement

Joined boxing soc today, only person to join as of 2.30pm today:D, probably join up to MMA and Poker (if they're about tomorrow).

That aint good man. If there's not enough people the societies just close up. :/ Happened last year with a few, like Music, unfortunately. Hopefully a few more join up. I seen alot of Societies with no-signups so far today, hopefully they get some tomorrow. =]

And by the way, shameless plug for Games Soc now. =P You guys should join up if your a casual or a hardcore gamer. We cater to everybody. We hold in-college events like casual Smash Brothers, Street Fighter and Halo tournaments,etc.

We're doing a 24 hour charity event in aid of kids with cancer around the world during the first semester sometime, so come along to our desk!
    http://extralife.sarcasticgamer.com/ <-- Information on the charity event, if your interested in signing up or sponsoring someone. =]

Hope to see you at the desk tomorrow! We'll have more games and hopefully the projector again. =P

Did you man shave his head today at the games soc table today?

More joined up to the boxing today, think they had a page full. Joined MMA today aswell, your man was saying that there's like 170 people joined up.:eek: Is there still a poker soc around, couldn't find the table for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Is the updated list of societies on the internet yet?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

170 people joined up.:eek:

Ah most of them won't end up going, it's unfortunate!
    Signature wrote: »
    Is the updated list of societies on the internet yet?! :)

Nah, it's an old list. I saw a good few lists posted around the college though, so have a look on the walls.

Joined MMA today aswell, your man was saying that there's like 170 people joined up.:eek:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
    I'm not getting sweaty and gross in front of 170 people!

I joined Radio society, that was all I had time to join! I'm definitely doing kickboxing and yoga too, whenever they start!

Did you man shave his head today at the games soc table today?

Nah that wasnt at the Games Soc table after all. We moved it into the Canteen at about 1:30 - 2pm. =] We managed to raise 300 euro towards pediatric cancer research and treatment and we'll be donating it soon, once we hold our other charity event.

PS: I was the guy in the green hoodie most of the time, who now has a sore throat from shouting so much. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

Societies I joined and rejoined:

Netsoc, Drama, Game Soc, Meditation, Yoga, Photography and Ultimate Frisby :) should be a good year

Teferi wrote: »
    Nah, it's an old list. I saw a good few lists posted around the college though, so have a look on the walls.

There's one between the bank and the atm just over the comfy chairs there, no more poker soc.:(

Our MMA AGM went on today, funny stuff altogether at times.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

GAA agm tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

Misa-san wrote: »
    Societies I joined and rejoined:

Netsoc, Drama, Game Soc, Meditation, Yoga, Photography and Ultimate Frisby :) should be a good year

seen the frisbie lads out playing yesterday - looked like fun!

Our MMA AGM went on today, funny stuff altogether at times.:D

Is it only on Tuesdays from 4-5?
    :(

Is it only on Tuesdays from 4-5?
    :(

It's on Tuesday and Wednesday 4-5 and Thursday 5-7, think there is another class aswell. I know at least one of those is kickboxing/mma.

It's on Tuesday and Wednesday 4-5 and Thursday 5-7, think there is another class aswell. I know at least one of those is kickboxing/mma.

Thanks a million for that! I can do Wednesday and Thursday! But I'm in class on Tuesdays until 5! :(

Not sure if you got the text yesterday pikachucheeks, but there's MMA on Tuesday 4-5 (Standing), Wednesday 4-5 (Kickboxing), Thursday 5-7 (Grappling), Friday 2-4 (Kickboxing).

Haven't start that or boxing yet as atm I'm falling apart, toenail wedge resection there 2 weeks ago and now I've a poxy chest infection.:mad:

And on the good news front it seems poker soc is back, signed up for it today.:cool:

Not sure if you got the text yesterday pikachucheeks, but there's MMA on Tuesday 4-5 (Standing), Wednesday 4-5 (Kickboxing), Thursday 5-7 (Grappling), Friday 2-4 (Kickboxing).

Oohh cool :)
    I'll be going on Wednesdays then!
    Thanks for that!

Oohh cool :)
    I'll be going on Wednesdays then!
    Thanks for that!

Wednesdays for me too, and Boxing on a Monday.:D

You sign up for the pole-dancing today pikechu?:D

Wednesdays for me too, and Boxing on a Monday.:D

You sign up for the pole-dancing today pikechu?:D

POLE DANCING!? :eek:

... I am SO in!

POLE DANCING!? :eek:

... I am SO in!

Yup sign up is on the table just opposite the reception, well it was today, there was a few socs on it including pole-dancing, poker, pool/snooker, etc...

• Advertisement

Yup sign up is on the table just opposite the reception, well it was today, there was a few socs on it including pole-dancing, poker, pool/snooker, etc...

I'm totally trying it! :D

I went to kickboxing today ... Great workout! But God, it was exhausting!

Advertisement