Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Orion wrote: »
    I love the green prorasa. Very refreshing. If you have dry skin try a face scrub. Boots have a half price sale on right now. Got a bulldog set with facewash, face scrub, after shave lotion and moisturiser for 11 euro yesterday.

Cheers but face scrubs don't agree with me. The intensive moisturiser should do the trick as they have in the past. Being honest it's a very small price to pay for the comfortable shave so far.
    The white one? Lovely stuff with a really fresh lemony-apple scent.

No sorry it's the green one that Orion mentions above. I got mixed up between the two. I got the menthol one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

SeaFields wrote: »
    Cheers but face scrubs don't agree with me.

In that case, just use a face cloth in the shower and give your face a quick rub to get rid of all the dry skin and dead cells.

What blades are you using at the moment? Any favourites so far?

gavmcg92 wrote: »

What blades are you using at the moment? Any favourites so far?

I'm still using the feathers. I got the sample blades with the kit and figured I would try each until the pack ran out (or the blade was a big no-no from the outset). I suppose my logic being I would see how each blade was for me over a period of time rather than each individual shave as I thought this may be a better indicator of how the blade suited me. Not sure if this is the way to go.

Just after another super comfortable shave just 10 minutes ago actually. 4 shaves in less than 4 days. I must have an addiction! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I was here looking for some help previously as I was going to try out a safety razor for the first time.

I never got around to ordering but I'm having a look on Shaving.ie at the minute and think I will put in an order here.

So far I have the following in my basket

Edwin Jager Barley
    Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap
    Deluxe Styptic Pencil
    Bloc Osma Alum Block
    Proraso Professional Shaving Brush
    50 Blade Premium Selection Sampler
    Proraso Red Sandlewood Pre/Post Shave Balm.

Would you all have any suggestions on the above or recommend any alternatives ?

I've very sensitive skin and end up all red and sore under my chin and neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I don't think you need the alum block and the styptic pencil. One or the other will do. What's the water like in your area. I'm in a hard water area and can't get a great lather with soap so I use cream instead. Something to consider.

Good set to get started with. I love the shea butter in the red balm - gives a great glide.

• Advertisement

I don't think you need the alum block and the styptic pencil. One or the other will do. What's the water like in your area. I'm in a hard water area and can't get a great lather with soap so I use cream instead. Something to consider.

Good set to get started with. I love the shea butter in the red balm - gives a great glide.

Water is fine, lucky enough I'm not in a hard water area.

Thanks for the help. Just trying to find what would work best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

There's no real harm in having both. The pencil can be handy if you nick yourself and you need to stop the blood while you carry on with your shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A styptic pencil is great for when you're travelling/on holidays etc.

Lads I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with my first order. Granted I ordered Xmas eve but still no sign of it yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I assume you've sent them an email?

Have you been sent confirmation of your order or notice that it has been dispatched?

• Advertisement

Lads I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with my first order. Granted I ordered Xmas eve but still no sign of it yet. :(

I ordered Stephens Day and I spotted that they were closed until the 4th January. So I assume they are clearing a backlog of orders.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I ordered Stephens Day and I spotted that they were closed until the 4th January. So I assume they are clearing a backlog of orders.

I didn't see that. I was back to business as usual last week after Christmas so assumed most places were
    hitemfrank wrote: »
    I assume you've sent them an email?

Have you been sent confirmation of your order or notice that it has been dispatched?

Given what emmet said above I'll email tomorrow if it hasn't arrived by then. I have received the confirmation of my order but assumed that's an automatic thing.

I didn't see that. I was back to business as usual last week after Christmas so assumed most places were

Given what emmet said above I'll email tomorrow if it hasn't arrived by then. I have received the confirmation of my order but assumed that's an automatic thing.

Yes it was on the same page as where you enter the coupon.

I picked express delivery so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow but as long as I have it by the weekend so I can get a little practice in before I start using it before work I'll be happy.

I'm a first time user of the site as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

SeaFields wrote:
    Lads I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with my first order. Granted I ordered Xmas eve but still no sign of it yet.

Ive ordered a good few times and its always very quick delivery so id say you just ordered at a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ive ordered a good few times and its always very quick delivery so id say you just ordered at a bad time.

Yeah I've never had an issue. I'm waiting on an order I made last week, but I saw the notice that they were closed. I knew from previous years that they close from Christmas. A lot of small businesses do. They'll be working through the back orders this week

Got my despatched email today. That's great now although I have already picked out stuff I want to order next! I thought this DE shaving craic was supposed to save money.....!

Got my despatched email today. That's great now although I have already picked out stuff I want to order next! I thought this DE shaving craic was supposed to save money.....!

I've added about €60 worth of stuff to my wish list last night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I thought this DE shaving craic was supposed to save money.....!

haha - that's funny :pac:

You do save money on blades*.

*But spend it on creams, colognes, brushes, razors, stands, balms, etc.

Yay order shipped :D

And its arrived !!

Guys two questions
    1: Can I lather the cream in the white tub in the tub or would it be best to use a separate bowl?
    2: What blade should I try first :)

• Advertisement

And its arrived !!

Guys two questions
    1: Can I lather the cream in the white tub in the tub or would it be best to use a separate bowl?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1of_VAVRiDEzz2p8oKOJAJvv6rGjewEEnBg/view?usp=docslist_api

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

And its arrived !!

Guys two questions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1of_VAVRiDEzz2p8oKOJAJvv6rGjewEEnBg/view?usp=docslist_api

I have always just lathered up the brush in the tub it comes in.
    Might be an idea to go for one of the blades that is more forgiving an move onto the feather(if you bought some) after you have gotten used to the DE.

Was there a boards discount code lately ? Need to make an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I think 'boards.ie' gives you 5% off. Which from my last few orders normally covers the cost of shipping and handling.

Holy fook balls that proraso menthol cream would wake you up fairly lively lads.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Strictly a Summer cream for me!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Just had my first shave and I really enjoyed it.

Face is a little sore but but no cuts or Knicks and I did have a days worth of stubble !!

I couldn't get a great lather with the cream and was a little hesitant with the razor but I'm sure they'll come good with time.

I spent an hour just taking my time :)

Just had my first shave and I really enjoyed it.

Face is a little sore but but no cuts or Knicks and I did have a days worth of stubble !!

I couldn't get a great lather with the cream and was a little hesitant with the razor but I'm sure they'll come good with time.

I spent an hour just taking my time :)

Jaysus :eek:

When you get used to it 5 mins is easily done ,you were right to take your time but 4 or 5 shaves time you will be grand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I sometimes still like to treat myself to half an hour with loads of prep and a hot towel. Grand way to get away from everything for a while. :)

Normally five minutes is plenty, especially as I only have to tidy around my beard. Most of the time is spent on cleaning my brush and bowl afterwards.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Jaysus :eek:

When you get used to it 5 mins is easily done ,you were right to take your time but 4 or 5 shaves time you will be grand.

No I had four passes and I was arsing around trying to make the later ticker and basically making a mess in the bathroom :P

Advertisement