Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing to my inferiors

Options
  • 30-08-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

For a long time I have lost the battle of various women's affection to lesser men, they are inferior to me in almost every single way. Shorter, lower standing in society and so on. I am willing to accept defeat to men who are better than me, but when you go after a girl and she chooses to date a welfare looser instead that sucks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Sometimes you just don't click with someone, and you can't help that.
    Them being lower socially or on welfare doesn't come into the equation. And personally I'd take offence to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Maybe these guys are not obnoxious, judgemental and arrogant - would that be the reason the girls dont like you, d'ya think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

maybe she thinks you and your ego are happy together and doesn't want to be the third wheel!

What makes you think you are superior to there men?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

To be honest, I think you may have just answered your own question. Your attitude would put me off completely. You are not better than any of those guys, even if they are short, unemployed, etc. Those are not the things that are important in a good relationship. I would rather a broke, plain looking man with a bit of humility to a rich, good-looking guy with a superiority complex any day. I'm not being smart, but if you give away even the tiniest hint of that attitude, than I for one would find it extremely unattractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

maybe she thinks you and your ego are happy together and doesn't want to be the third wheel!

What makes you think you are superior to there men?

I am smarter than them, taller than them, done more stuff with my life like backpacking around the world, lived in different countries for almost four years. I am more well spoken than them(I am talking about my mother tounge here which is not English)

Other than that I have better salaries and more assets than these men. I am aware that in matters of love, logic and reason gets thrown overboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

SLUSK wrote: »
    I am smarter than them, taller than them, done more stuff with my life like backpacking around the world, lived in different countries for almost four years. I am more well spoken than them(I am talking about my mother tounge here which is not English)

Other than that I have better salaries and more assets than these men. I am aware that in matters of love, logic and reason gets thrown overboard.

~How's your self confidence/esteem? Are you good looking/in good shape? Women may like a guy to have wealth sure but its not usually enough on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

For a long time I have lost the battle of various women's affection to lesser men, they are inferior to me in almost every single way. Shorter, lower standing in society and so on. I am willing to accept defeat to men who are better than me, but when you go after a girl and she chooses to date a welfare looser instead that sucks.

This has to be a joke, but if it isnt then you have problems that go way beyond women, my friend.

Google the word Narcissism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

So what if you have lived abroad and have more money than them? Most women are not prostitutes looking to date the man with the most cash. Most women are looking to have a relationship with someone, which means they want someone with a good personality, which you don't seem to have. You sound completely arrogant and obnoxious which I would also find a total turn-off. If you want someone to be with you because they like you for your money, then get a Thai bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Thats your perception, another perception is that your head is so far up your own arse and cannot see the forest for the tree's.

I am not hot, but I was not hit with the ugly stick either. My self confidence is not super high but it is not super bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

i bet they.re more humble than you are...

i bet they.re more humble than you are...
    No they are quite loud, drunk and sleazy.

Agreed, OP you view yourself as well above the rest, whilst it's good to have a certain level of self confidence, there's a fine line between that and thinking you're *better* than anyone who's not like you.

I've met guys who are sleazy/drunk, and I've met guys who think they're the only one you should ever want... I like neither

star-pants wrote: »
    Agreed, OP you view yourself as well above the rest, whilst it's good to have a certain level of self confidence, there's a fine line between that and thinking you're *better* than anyone who's not like you.

I've met guys who are sleazy/drunk, and I've met guys who think they're the only one you should ever want... I like neither

I am not saying I'm the only one a woman should ever want, I do not have any problems what so ever losing to superior men, but I hate losing to my inferiors.

I am not saying I'm the only one a woman should ever want, I do not have any problems what so ever losing to superior men, but I hate losing to my inferiors.

The thing is, *you* feel they're inferior... obviously the girl doesn't feel that way. They might be superior in other ways, or they might just be exactly right the way they are.

If a guy I like goes for a girl who's perhaps not pretty or something (I don't believe that exactly but for example) I might look at myself and go 'huh, what's wrong with me', but then I also think 'well she must have something I don't have, or has the right balance of something that attracts him'. Doesn't mean she's any lesser or better than me, just means she's the right match for him

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

You're getting a lot of good advice here, and you seem to be ignoring it. Who are you to decide whether one man is better/worse than another? Stop being so judgmental about others and acting superior and perhaps you'll have more luck with the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Oh Please !!! Get off the power trip... If you come across like this on a forum I have a vague idea why this girl may not like you..
    U may well be better paid, taller, more attractive and 'superior' than this other human but just because he is unemployed and shorter than you doesn't mean he is dumb with nothing to say for himself.. maybe he is entertaining and kind?. Gods knows what good traits he may have that you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

"In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. "
    Paul McCartney

Maybe because you are putting out your sense of superiority, people feel its ok to dump you for people they feel are superior to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

To be fair OP you are coming across as being very self centered and arrogant - I have this,Ive been there,Ive done that

Good for you,but for the vast majority of people,arrogance is a massive turn off and for alot,its a deal breaker.

You think you are better than someone because you earn more money,or are taller,Jesus gimme a break will ya.

Try and learn a bit of humility,women that are impressed by flashy wide boy charectors are in the minority,and by the tone of your posts,thats how you sound.

Im not having a go at you,confidence is good,but over confidence bordering on a God complex isnt.

Best of luck to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

OP - your jaw-dropping arrogance, pathetic superiority complex, obnoxiousness and narcisscistic leanings pretty much make you inferior to most other men. Stay single forever lest you destroy some poor girls life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

The reason you are losing is because these women think you're 'inferior' in some way to use your own terminology. Success and being well-travelled only form part of what makes a person attractive, social skills and personality count too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Slusk I'm not even sure if your serious or not but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You're constantly on Boards complaining about this country and about its citizens and to be honest, you seem miserable in this country. You're from Sweden, you're well travelled and educated so I'm presuming you're from a reasonably comfortable background....can I ask you why you're still here? You always make it out like you're here under duress. I'm not suggesting you leave, but the fact that you seem utterly miserable in this country HAS to be apparent to the women you're meeting...and it can't be good for your mental health. If you were happier in your circumstances or at least try and change your attitude to them, maybe you might have more luck. Happy, confident people who are comfortable in their own skin are attractive to the opposite sex. Complaining, arrogant, moaning men do nothing for any of us, believe me.

Change your attitude and you might have just a bit more luck.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Slusk I'm not even sure if your serious or not but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You're constantly on Boards complaining about this country and about its citizens and to be honest, you seem miserable in this country. You're from Sweden, you're well travelled and educated so I'm presuming you're from a reasonably comfortable background....can I ask you why you're still here? You always make it out like you're here under duress. I'm not suggesting you leave, but the fact that you seem utterly miserable in this country HAS to be apparent to the women you're meeting...and it can't be good for your mental health. If you were happier in your circumstances or at least try and change your attitude to them, maybe you might have more luck. Happy, confident people who are comfortable in their own skin are attractive to the opposite sex. Complaining, arrogant, moaning men do nothing for any of us, believe me.

Change your attitude and you might have just a bit more luck.

I don't like this country or any other county, I don't like my country of birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

You sound like a fairly unlikeable person to be honest. Maybe that's why women don't like you. You should loosen up a bit. Learn how to enjoy life and respect other people... whether you consider them 'inferior' or not. Try and find a little happiness in your life and maybe someone might want to share it with you. Continue to be miserable and conceited and no woman will want to go anywhere near you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

As a woman, I can tell you straight away that men who love themselves are a big turn-off. Perhaps you might take a closer look at yourself and the way you behave. That could be scaring women off and driving them into the arms of these inferior men :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I don't like this country or any other county, I don't like my country of birth.

Sorry OP, having a relationship with someone is about sharing your life with them. You sound like you'd be really difficult to spend an evening with, nevermind a short or long term relationship. Negativity is a seriously unattractive quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

well, I'm better looking then you describe yourself, 6f5, no fat perfect body, I have a good job, a great house.

I have no problems with women being into lesser men as you put it, maybe you need to really give yourself an attitude readjustment then give it another go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I took a glance over some of your other posts (hope you don't mind) but it seems to me that you need more help than what anyone here can offer you. It will do you the world of good and you'll be much happier and maybe even stay in a place for more than two years and still be happy.

Orla K wrote: »
    I took a glance over some of your other posts (hope you don't mind) but it seems to me that you need more help than what anyone here can offer you. It will do you the world of good and you'll be much happier and maybe even stay in a place for more than two years and still be happy.

Are you suggesting I am mentally ill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AMK

Maybe these men have qualities women value which you don't have. You are making assumptions about the values women hold and seem to be saying you are a better catch than these other guys. But most women aren't that hung up on money, especially if they can support themselves. Just being a nice guy, having a sense of humour, being able to be yourself with him - these things matter much more than social status to most women. Anyhow, how do you know these guys are your 'inferiors'. A guy could be on the dole but be writing a super book, or educating himself or working for the community. Or he could be on the dole and it simply doesn't matter to the woman in his life because they like HIM, not what he does or what he has or where he has been.

I find it weird that you consider some men to be inferior to you because they are not as tall as you. And this 'lower standing in society'. Really. You're not Mr Darcy.

Incidentally, gaining the love of a woman shouldn't be a battle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement