Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Not Working

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

When exactly did things start and can you remember if any specific error message occured?

Maybe have a look at the error logs in Administrative tools to see what exactly happened. If the freezing occured after the driver installs then maybe roll them back, this can be done in Device manager too and simply right click on the devices themselves to see the option to roll back

Worse comes to worse you may need a rebuild, do you have the original software with the machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sean-nirvana

When exactly did things start and can you remember if any specific error message occured?

Maybe have a look at the error logs in Administrative tools to see what exactly happened. If the freezing occured after the driver installs then maybe roll them back, this can be done in Device manager too and simply right click on the devices themselves to see the option to roll back

Worse comes to worse you may need a rebuild, do you have the original software with the machine?

Eh well yeah the "sptip.dll error" which I sorted out with the help of someone off this (thanks again). And by software do you mean my xp disk? if so, yeah i got it...I don't mind losing data or anything just as long as I get the pc back working WITHOUT going through ****ing DOS...but if that's what has to be done..-_-..well I suppose that's what i have to do. Thanks in advance

Advertisement