Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earwigs - not just a old wive's tale!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I remember when I was small, on holiday my brother just started slapping the side of his head, of course everybody around avoided him and said things like 'poor child, how do the parents cope' when we got over to him he told us something had got in his ear, he was hitting the other side of his head so much that it fell out and yes it was an earwig. For the rest of the holiday everybody called him earwig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I had one in my kettle,the emotional trauma that causes is huge,now I have to check the water everytime I want tea.:mad:

Fecking baxtards:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Maybe the OP isn't true, but this is: picked up the phone one day, a few years back, and an earwig came out of the ear part!!! :eek: I nearly sh*t. Probably just a coincidence (I don't think earwigs habitually wait to pounce out of phones), but nevertheless it was pretty unnerving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

boogle wrote: »
    Now we've all been swept along in the spider-related craziness of the past couple of days, and I dismissed earwig horror stories as nonsense. (Though I have always had a problem with the ass-claws) But look at this, could it be real?

I clicked, and then had one of those involuntary shivers.

edit: just had another few. Didn't know the bastards could fly as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

So thats where the Startled Earwigs went then? Poor sods hopefully they can recover to grace croker again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

I didnt click... :)
    hate the little b@stards too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

it also links to the slug thing from start trek, and rick asleys never gonna give you up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ow god i cant look at those links i have a earwig phobia :(

Advertisement