Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sentinels - what do they do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Inter

The predator aspect you mention, dogbert, rings true, too. There are characteristics of the predator that makes sense of this, though, as far as I know, in our circle of acquaintance, my friend is the only person the sentinel has taken any particular interest in. Predators aare serial predators usually, from my understanding.

Remote viewing is pretty much unproved, Jessibelle, as you say. Seems to me, though, that if astral projection can happen, then why not Remote Viewing? From what I've read, astral projection has seven levels, one of which includes the real world. I have personally failed to achieve any real success with astral projection, but I did experience a momentary bi-location once that makes me believe it possible. From a purely selfish pov, I'd love to talk to someone who has achieved success, if you know them.

Yeah, I'd heard that the only entities you can meet come from within, but I've also heard you can meet other astral travellers, and let's be real about this (:D), if there's any truth to the whole astral thing, then bad people can go there, too.

Including deluded and self-deluded people who may behave inappropriately towards other "people" they meet.

As you can tell, this question swings from "It's a con" to "if any of it's true, then it all must be true" with alarming consistency. :(

Thank you for your good wishes, though. I appreciate them for myself and for my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭dogbert27

You talk of a circle of acquaintance that this person has access to and has only targeted your friend. This is exactly what a predator would do. Target the weakest in the herd and then try to isolate them before striking.
    A serial predator doesn't mean he'll go for everybody and anybody. These guys are intelligent. The more he goes for in one group the greater his chances are of being found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Inter it sounds like you have had some experience within what is termed paranormal for yourself but are unsure as many of us are of how things work within the spirit and astral planes.

If you take away the paranormal effects or view points and look at this situation in logic even while still holding beliefs within a spiritual nature maybe you will see it clearer. What would you allow or accept as a proper code of conduct towards you or your friend, what control would you allow anyone to have over your life? What right does anyone have to make decisions for you or persume they know more or better than you.

At the end of the day inter we all have to make choices and they may be hard ones, but they are ours to make, just try use good logical sense and go from there.

I'm afraid, kshiel, my logic on this issue seems a little cyclic.

Take away the paranormal, and my friend has fallen (quite deeply) in love on-line. It happens. My instinct says it's a mistake, but how can I know? My instinct says the sentinel is self-deluded, self-interested, self-motivated and selfish, but how can I be sure? All I can do, and have been doing, is try to make sure my friend doesn't make a huge mistake, that will affect others far closer than me, without due caution.

But if I put the paranormal into the equation, it becomes impenetrable because my friend speaks of experiences that I have no way of proving or disproving but which, because of my own experiences and reading, have some elements of plausibility. In which case, my friend has fallen in love with someone truly special and important and mere mortal contingencies no longer apply.

Which sounds like "cult" again, doesn't it? But special people do exist. If I trust my instincts, I could destroy something important, in which case I become the bad guy. But to what extent are my emotions informing my instincts? Is it just that I'm jealous, for whatever reason, spiritual or human?

Which is why I need some facts. Could the sentinel be everything they say they are? Can I find this out to my complete satisfaction? If yes, then I shut up. If no, then I act.

Then the hard part: How do I act? What do I do about it? How do I behave that doesn't come across like I'm just jealous? How do I subtly guide my friend to discovering the truth before something mad happens?

Inter wrote: »
    I'm afraid, kshiel, my logic on this issue seems a little cyclic.

Take away the paranormal, and my friend has fallen (quite deeply) in love on-line. It happens. My instinct says it's a mistake, but how can I know? My instinct says the sentinel is self-deluded, self-interested, self-motivated and selfish, but how can I be sure? All I can do, and have been doing, is try to make sure my friend doesn't make a huge mistake, that will affect others far closer than me, without due caution.

But if I put the paranormal into the equation, it becomes impenetrable because my friend speaks of experiences that I have no way of proving or disproving but which, because of my own experiences and reading, have some elements of plausibility. In which case, my friend has fallen in love with someone truly special and important and mere mortal contingencies no longer apply.

Which sounds like "cult" again, doesn't it? But special people do exist. If I trust my instincts, I could destroy something important, in which case I become the bad guy. But to what extent are my emotions informing my instincts? Is it just that I'm jealous, for whatever reason, spiritual or human?

Which is why I need some facts. Could the sentinel be everything they say they are? Can I find this out to my complete satisfaction? If yes, then I shut up. If no, then I act.

Then the hard part: How do I act? What do I do about it? How do I behave that doesn't come across like I'm just jealous? How do I subtly guide my friend to discovering the truth before something mad happens?

I would for the moment go with taking out the paranormal and trust your own gut instinct. As this quest of finding out the paranormal or if this person is indeed a sentinel will never really come to a conclusion as it cannot be proven to the extent to be totally reliable. I am persoanally a spiritual person and through my own experience have seen felt and heared things that I cannot explain but am willing to except only to the level of it making sense to me as this is natural and logical for me to do.

Your friend is responsible for her own actions here unless she already has some form of problem that disminishes her of her decision, I dont envy your choices here but you are not your friends keeper and I am not saying here that you should walk away and do nothing but maybe to step back and try and see this situation beyond the circle you are referring too and what would or could be done for the best.

You said that this sentinel is more or less targeting this one friend within your circle, what do the other members of your circle think and what are they doing to help/hinder the situation, why is this do you feel is on your shoulders alone. Or have you discussed this with the other people? or are you made feel you cant discuss this with them.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Right I tend to keep my experiences and beliefs to myself, esp on this fourm but yes
    I have experience of remote viewing, astral travel on several planes and dealing with
    people, spirits, and differing enties in those places and spaces and I still have never heard
    of such a task/role of a person ohter then something someone has taken on to themselves usually out of ego.

Thaedydal, that's the kind of answer I was hoping for, a response from someone who - if these people exist - would know about it.

Kshiel, the circle of friends I'm talking about is really only on the internet. I feel pretty certain I'm the only one of us who knows this entire story, and only because of my participation in some psychic experiments my friend and I did together. The sentinel and my friend were friends before I came on the scene, but only lovers later. The sentinel was my friend's mentor, as my friend was mine. I was more a novice then than I am now and nothing seemed impossible, but even at the very early stages I could hear an alarm ringing.

I think it's on me because -- please stay with me on this -- all of my significant relationships have turned out to be about how I could help the other person. It seems I have a healing gift and those who need it are usually drawn to me eventually. But more importantly than that, I feel responsible because my friend is extremely valued by me both as a friend and a teacher/co-student. And, no, there is no diminished-responsibility aspect to this, as far as I am aware. My friend is an intelligent and inquisitive person with a gift that has been self-taught. The sentinel originally appealed on that intellectual level, as someone who knew a lot more about the Universe and was prepared to share it.

Thank you still for your kind thoughts.

Inter have you ever hear the expression "if you meet buddah on the road kill him" ?

and I hear you on the way your significant seem to go I have had simular issues myself over the years.

As responsible as you feel for your friend you can not walk thier path for them or under take thier soul's journey or spare them from some of the lessions they must learn.

Trust your insticts.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

As this story opens up, its beginning to seem to me anyway, as Thaedydal said, that this may be a path your friend has to follow in spite of your reservations. When dealing with people we love, we can advise, nudge, cajole, even, but we cant force them to do what we feel is right. All you can do is say what you feel, then stand back and let them go, while staying ready to pick up the pieces if it all goes wrong.

Or in this case, "when" it all goes wrong? :)

Actually, while I see the wisdom in what you say, I am worried not only for my friend but for some very important others around them. While I'm momentarily content that nothing precipitous is about to happen, I don't rule it out in the future, as it has already been mentioned in the recent past as being a possibility. I think it would be the ultimate madness and see this as another indication of the sentinel's selfishness that they would allow it to happen on such a shallow acquaintance, though each would proclaim that they have known one another more deeply and more spiritually than any other two humans (apart from Romeo and Juliet, of course :rolleyes: )

It is this conviction, this unquestioned faith that I believe to be the real danger, but who exactly am I to tamper with another person's faith? Even if it is only a faith shared by two people?

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    As this story opens up, its beginning to seem to me anyway, as Thaedydal said, that this may be a path your friend has to follow in spite of your reservations. When dealing with people we love, we can advise, nudge, cajole, even, but we cant force them to do what we feel is right. All you can do is say what you feel, then stand back and let them go, while staying ready to pick up the pieces if it all goes wrong.

I would be inclined to agree with this.

Okay, when I read that your friend has fallen in love on line then alarm bells started ringing for me. Granted there are people who meet on the internet, fall in love and get married but this seems to have a different element to it.

Is this "sentinel" in the same country as your friend? How many times have they met in person?
    I knew a guy who fell in love with a girl he met on the internet (she was in Scotland). She said all the right things to him massaging his ego where as his girlfriend (who was attractive and intellegent) just offered him everyday life, you know, everyday routine, the usual small stuff arguments, etc. He became more infatuated with this on-line girl because she offered him a fantasy.
    Eventually it went from the chat room to them actually talking on the phone. His girlfriend found out what was going on and the relationship ended. Their friends stayed with his girlfriend as he was determined to be with this girl. He eventually went to Scotland and met up with the girl 3 times and internet girl in reality was not the internet girl of his fantasies.
    He lost his real girlfriend and his friends because the attraction of his fantasy consumed him. When his fantasy didn't become reality he was left in the end with nothing.

Am I right in assuming this sentinel role is if say your friend goes on an astral journey, the sentinel guards her body from being taken over from negative energies/spirits?
    As Thaedydal has said, this sounds like somebody on an ego trip.
    You say you can't find anything concrete to support what this guy says about himself. People on here have never heard of this type of role either.
    I've read a lot of books trying to understand the aspects of the physical and metaphysical and never came across something like this either. I have read a lot of fiction too though that would suggest this guy has created a role for himself.
    In one Anne Rice book the vampire Lestat is able to travel the world by his soul/spirit leaving his body but to enter the physical world he can force his way in to someone elses body if his will is stronger than theirs. While travelling like this though his unoccupied body is open to be taken over by other spirits travelling in this way.
    So is that where this sentinel is supposed to come in to things? To look after the physical body while a persons spirit is travelling?

Trust your gut instinct. To me that's the 6th sense that people talk about. It's the primal instinct that you "feel" about something/somewhere/someone when you can't see,touch,feel,taste or smell anything. It gives you the signal to react and not waste time with rationalisation.

An ocean separates them, Dogbert. That's why this recent talk of moving is so extremely disturbing.

I hope you're right and that one day they'll meet and there'll be no magic. I hope my friend isn't really as impressionable as you all seem to think ... and I do, too, if I'm honest.

Listen, guys, I want to thank you all for taking part in this discussion. It didn't exactly go the direction I thought it would, although in some ways it's pretty much what I expected to hear. I don't believe the sentinel is anything like what I've heard described, and it's increasingly possible that what I've heard doesn't even exist in the paranormal - coupled with the fact that (I withheld this to last because, frankly, I'd forgotten it till last night) this possible predator is a keen RPG player - the sentinel (with a friend I don't know about) designed one, I'd be amazed if it doesn't include a lot of the things I've heard so much talk about. And there are other little things that, to a suspicious mind like mine, make me so convinced that I'm frankly shocked and amazed my friend, usually so wise, insightful and empathic, has been so completely taken in by it all. But, in fairness, I wasn't altogether certain that my suspicions were coming from a pure and selfless place :o

Like I say, thanks for all your contributions and suggestions. I have a lot of thinking to do and I'm not very good at it :):o

Hey I am an avid rpg player have been for years, nothing wrong with that, there is how ever something wrong when anyone can not keep their imagination in check.

Had to delete these, not that there's anything wrong with them (apart from the way I was thinking I'd go about it) but because I don't want to waste anyone's time.

I know I need to talk to my friend, but I write better than I talk, so I'd planned a - well, an essay, really.

But now, I think, I'll start by asking her some questions. I think this is the right time if I ask the right ones.

Sorry again ...

Sorry, evryone, I had new thoughts overnight and I think I might just have a better approach.

This was the post with the entire story addressed to my friend, but from my perspective with the aid of some quotes from you guys.

Sorry, Danny22xx. It must have taken a lot of your time to read it :o Your "Hmmmmmmmmmm" is well understood :D

And the post I deleted here was my thanks to you guys, which still stands, but I'll word it better when I know the outcome.

Sorry, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Hmmmmmmmmmm :confused::confused::confused:

Look, I believe you are a true friend to this person otherwise you wouldn't be here looking to help her but a test of your friendship to her will be this: Are you willing to sacrifice your friendship with this person to save the hurt that will be caused?

Your right. You have to confront her.
    And no, you're not going on an ego trip in thinking your her saviour, you're being a good friend and trying to stop a friend from making the biggest mistake of their life.

You have to stop this. YOU HAVE TO STOP THIS!!!

I didnt get to read the posts that were deleted, but from last persons post I get that she is planning to leave to what sounds like an occult.

Inter I have to say this really is an awful situation for you to be in, and I dont envy you in the least. The only thing that can be offered now is advice or opinion.

Is there any way you could get a background check done on this guy?

Good Luck and I send you all the blessings that is needed to help within this situation.

• Advertisement

Sorry if I muddied the water a little with the deletes.

You are right that I must do something to address this.

The background check was one of my very first instincts, but I don't have enough details.

Dogbert, my reaction exactly.

Yes, I am definitely willing to sacrifice our friendship for this, though if I can pursuade her to be sensible I hope that won't be necessary.

On the other hand, what if she pursuades me and this guy really does turn out to be Jesus in loafers? Or to put it another way, what if I'm not strong enough? ... :o

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

With apologies to Dogbert and Kshiel, following a chat with Inter, I had to remove specifics from your posts which may have identified the situation. Your input and thoughts are appreciated.

Hi Inter,

I'm sure David Koresh really believed he was Jesus too aswell as his most devoted followers who were able to convince people they knew too but we all know how that ended up! :(

It's going to be really difficult to persuade your friend. She is living in a dream and needs to be woken up to reality. She's an addict to an alternative life and is seduced/excited by the possibilities of the unknown. While her normal life shows her the ugly truth of reality, i.e. wake up, do daily routine, go to bed. All pretty dull and boring. But the everyday life around you is only as dull and as boring as you make it.

After what happened to the guy I knew this whole situation is infuriating me. I would love to challenge this guy on an intellectual level and expose him for the fraud that he is. :mad:

I know that his only defence will be to call me a skeptic/non-believer and he'll find me not worthy to debate with and tell all who believe in him not to listen to what I say as I'm one of those negative energies that he's here to protect against. The runaway and hide defence of those who know in their soul that they are frauds.

Hi Oryx, no problem. :)

Not a problem orxy.:)

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Hi Inter,

I'm sure David Koresh really believed he was Jesus too aswell as his most devoted followers who were able to convince people they knew too but we all know how that ended up! :(

It's going to be really difficult to persuade your friend. She is living in a dream and needs to be woken up to reality. She's an addict to an alternative life and is seduced/excited by the possibilities of the unknown. While her normal life shows her the ugly truth of reality, i.e. wake up, do daily routine, go to bed. All pretty dull and boring. But the everyday life around you is only as dull and as boring as you make it.

After what happened to the guy I knew this whole situation is infuriating me. I would love to challenge this guy on an intellectual level and expose him for the fraud that he is. :mad:

I know that his only defence will be to call me a skeptic/non-believer and he'll find me not worthy to debate with and tell all who believe in him not to listen to what I say as I'm one of those negative energies that he's here to protect against. The runaway and hide defence of those who know in their soul that they are frauds.

Sorry, dog, but he'll win. He is Stephen-Fry-Scary in discussion and debate :D

No disrespect to you, you know that, but that's part of the problem, too, you see ...

Oh, ok then. Why even bother.:rolleyes:

You'll have a hard time trying to convince your friend if you believe that this guy will beat you no matter what you do.

Your friends future will come down to a battle of wills between you and this guy and you need to have the belief that you can win. You are a positive energy in your friends life showing concern for her well being and that of her loved ones well being.
    This guy is a negative energy who is acting through selfishness. What concern is he showing to your friends well being and that of her loved ones?

Not convinced there'll be such a battle. I suspect that talking to him will achieve far less than you think, and competing with him at his game is something I'm not equipped for. He is clever and educated, while I'm just clever. He uses words well, and so do I sometimes when I get a chance to work on them. I think he'd wipe the floor with me on his own terms, unless he has a conscience in which case one letter might even be enough -- hmmm ... hadn't thought of that. Maybe as a last-ditch thing, just as he starts to have cold feet himself about what she's going to find out about him.

IF it gets that far. My friend is giving mixed signals right now. Perhaps she realises that my concerns are beginning to focus. Perhaps she's re-assessing her goals. Perhaps she truly is gaining the wisdom to separate this stuff out for herself. She isn't stupid, either, you know.

I agree he is acting selfishly, self-importantly and purely out of self interest. I doubt he gives my friend's life and background more than momentary consideration, enough to buy a book, for example, but not enough to actually involve himself. Reading would be his thing. As you know I believe my friend is either blind or is closing her eyes to this simple, obvious fact.

But there has to be a limit. She must surely arrive at that limit and realise for herself how ridiculous a thing she is contemplating. Maybe she'll convince herself then that she never actually intended going through with it. Or maybe I'm just giving in to wishful thinking in the hope that it will resolve itself before anyone gets hurt.

I do talk a lot, don't I. Sorry, again, folks :o

Advertisement