Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from BT to Vodafone, Password?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

You don't. If you wait for the automatic switchover.
    If you go early (as I did) you are a new customer.

I asked them to confirm when I was switching over that it wouldn't effect my contract (new on started in May). Both Vodafone and BT confirmed it would not effect my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

dubmick wrote: »
    I asked them to confirm when I was switching over that it wouldn't effect my contract (new on started in May). Both Vodafone and BT confirmed it would not effect my contract.
    I understood that this was only if you held on for the automatic switchover. I, for example, had to create a new direct debit mandate etc. So I'm effectively closing off my existing arrangement with BT, and creating a new one with Vodafone, hence the new contract. I was happy to do this, as the service from BT had become so shoddy I couldn't wait a few more months to have the situiation addressed. Perhaps the BT/Vodafone situation has changed, and they now support early manual switchovers. Did you have to complete the forms on the Vodafone website?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

no did it by phone. Everyone is going to get a final bill from BT and a new account with Vodafone. I imagine the 'changeover' won't be as easy for the customers as promised.

I'm also half expecting a cancellation fee from BT as we all know how bad their billing is.

jor el wrote: »
    That can't be right. The username is how eircom knows which reseller you're with, and how the billing goes to the right place. A generic username is only allowed with eircom, since it's your phone line that identifies you in that case.
    Nope, it's actually true. Two of my brothers switched to Vodafone from Eircom and were given these credentials to log in.
    homer911 wrote: »
    How do they decide what modem to give you. I switched early and got a Zytel(?) modem - no USB port. The USB only seems to be on the Bewan modem
    One of my brothers got the Bewan modem and the other got the ZyXEL. However both are currently using their Eircom/Netopia 2247 modems due to PS3 NAT Type 3 issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I tried to upgrade our Broadband last week and BT forwarded me straight to Vodafone. No option to do it through BT, I had to start a new 12mth contract with Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

MargeS wrote: »
    I tried to upgrade our Broadband last week and BT forwarded me straight to Vodafone. No option to do it through BT, I had to start a new 12mth contract with Vodafone.

An upgrade would generally require a new contract and obviously BT are not signing new contracts with customers..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

Karsini wrote: »
    One of my brothers got the Bewan modem and the other got the ZyXEL. However both are currently using their Eircom/Netopia 2247 modems due to PS3 NAT Type 3 issues.

The range on the ZyXEL is very poor - I've gone back to my Netopia 2247 as well!

(At least I thought it was the range - it would work fine if placed close to the wireless receiver, but in its normal location, the connection would drop frequently and not always reconnect)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Got no response to my thread but what the hay :D

anyway, got no confirmation from Vodafone that BB was set up but it is so who am I to complain...no password required just plug and play, only password asked is for the router which is vodafone/vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 miginty2009

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    I bet vodafone will know we pay a lot more and discontimue their scheme pronto. I always wondered why BT had an offer of 1 free month if we signed up for a further 12?? Locked us in so they could do a deal with vodafone.

I dread switching as they will make me lose connection for days and cant afford that.

gb--

The down time is minimal. When your service goes down you may need to reconfig the username & password into the modem so the down time will be as long as it takes you to do that, simple really going into the router page and entering in the new un & pw only takes 5 mins not days !!:D

Advertisement