Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Hitler happen again?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

well we need some sort of war/genocide/mass sterilization/disease to sort out the overpopulation which is wrecking the planet, so if a new Hitler could get it down to 50% of it's current size, he gets my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Haven't read the thread so forgive me if this has been brought up already but has anyone yet raised the suspicion that the next Hitler could be Degsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Love the desperation to link America with this topic. Do you honestly think multi-racial multi-ethnic America is going to commit genocide in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I don't know why you ask could it happen again... It's happening at the moment! Robert Mugabe, Kim Jong Il... Up till recently, Saddam Hussein, Slobodan Milosevic, the Taliban. To a lesser extent, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
    well we need some sort of war/genocide/mass sterilization/disease to sort out the overpopulation which is wrecking the planet, so if a new Hitler could get it down to 50% of it's current size, he gets my vote
    Even if it means giving you a 50/50 chance of being killed pretty soon? (You say that like you assume you'd be in the 50% that lived)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

No.
    Irish people are too stupid to vote with any sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

If 50% of the world population were to be killed off over a period of a few years, do you not think we wouldn't have massive shortages in goods and services? You can't just take away half the world population and expect everything to be rosy afterwards.

Over population is a problem, but genocide and killing certain ethnicities is despicable.

Besides, as komodosp said, you could have a 50/50 chance of being killed yourself. Would you still be for mass extermination if it meant a powerful dictatorship decided it wanted to eradicate all Irish people once and for all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

The short answer to this is no.

OnTheBalls wrote: »
    Ì'd vote for the nazi's before those ***** in Fianna Fail!
    Would you really. Given what they did why would come out with a statement like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

MultiUmm wrote: »
    If 50% of the world population were to be killed off over a period of a few years, do you not think we wouldn't have massive shortages in goods and services? You can't just take away half the world population and expect everything to be rosy afterwards.

Over population is a problem, but genocide and killing certain ethnicities is despicable.

Besides, as komodosp said, you could have a 50/50 chance of being killed yourself. Would you still be for mass extermination if it meant a powerful dictatorship decided it wanted to eradicate all Irish people once and for all?

well yeah i know I'd have a 50/50 chance of being sterilized but that's fine with me. Yes we wouldn't have as much goods and services but after a generation or 2 that would balance out and we'd be fine. There's no other way, we either reduce the population DRASTICALLY or face a world of pain and starvation and suffering. I wonder if those muppets at the "Climate Camp" in London are addressing this issue?

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    well yeah i know I'd have a 50/50 chance of being sterilized but that's fine with me. Yes we wouldn't have as much goods and services but after a generation or 2 that would balance out and we'd be fine. There's no other way, we either reduce the population DRASTICALLY or face a world of pain and starvation and suffering. I wonder if those muppets at the "Climate Camp" in London are addressing this issue?
    Well remember where this thread has been placed. In after hours. Half of these posts would be laughed off anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tarbuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

Not a hope. He'd get way too much stick over that mustache.

Careful. You're only making him angrier!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Can happen anytime. Remember Boys from Brazil? Little Hitler clones:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

You're right, we need targeted genocide... just the unproductive sections of society, social welfare, civil servants, hse, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

It's already happened, multiple times, just that most modern Hitlers never make it past the VBB Mod stage, extreme cases might affect a minor impact on WoW. Most die from obesity or sexual frustration before their dreams of world domination are extinguished by the cruel harsh realities of furriedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

g-whizz wrote: »
    look at germany... there is no scum or knackers (drains on society). thats why germany is so efficient.

Germany has a massive underclass just like any other European city including neo-Nazis, Turkish youth (sorry but its true), hooligans (from the East) and other assorted criminals.

dannym08 wrote: »
    we must exterminate the human mayo:confused:

We must eterminate the people of Mayo.

Has anybody seen a german movie called Die Welle (The Wave)?

Good movie and a great insight into contemporary German youth for posters here (if they think Germany is some kind of fantasy ideal land...).

It's rather chilling as pretty much all of them go along with it and it gets out of hand. It was based on a real experiment and just shows how easily people can be manipulated.

Worth noting the real experiment is up for debate (as in whether it even happened...sources are thin).

Could it happen? Obviously and most likely again in Europe in reaction to fundamentalist Islam. Europeans are barbarians at heart remember. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Their already s----ing us "left" "right and "centre" bring it on I say lets have an insurrection , a rebellion, just think these idiots are going to leave every man woman and child in debt for 22 thousand euros each ,JEBUS !!! I cant afford to pay the debt I have !! Good God !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

No.
    Irish people are too stupid to vote with any sense.

This guy/gal unfortunately has stumbled on an uncomfortable truth ,Time and time again we will be royally shafted by self seeking politicians ,Believe me it is entirely possible for a human being to get so corrupt that they are willing to rob the country for their own profit , Can someone please point me to a decent politician who without fear of ridicule or loss of face will tell the truth one hundred percent of the time,a genuine humble person who realising that we wont expect he/she to be right all the time , at least would be seen to be putting up some sort of effort! Its not a Hitler we need , its just an honest person who with the help and support of the country and community could restore our faith in human nature (and political nature) We`re so used to lies after lies that we listen to it every day and sort of accept it,Listen, each and every one of you expect your fellow human beings to behave with respect and good manners towards you every day in the shop or at work or at home just normal decency, but when our politicians tell us a load of bul---t,total lies and fabrication so that their friend circle will profit from that lie ,what do we do? WE VOTE THEM BACK IN AGAIN sorry its a fk-n joke ,grow some balls Ireland!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

komodosp wrote: »
    I don't know why you ask could it happen again... It's happening at the moment! Robert Mugabe, Kim Jong Il... Up till recently, Saddam Hussein, Slobodan Milosevic, the Taliban. To a lesser extent, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Even if it means giving you a 50/50 chance of being killed pretty soon? (You say that like you assume you'd be in the 50% that lived)

Not taking sides are you?!

All those leaders you mentioned are the enemys of the west. They are no saints but how many of them is invading other countrys and killing their people? The closest thing we have to Nazi Germany is the so called good guys America, Isreal and the UK. They are the real threats to world peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

gamgsam wrote: »
    That man could manage no more than his dinnner

Hitler was all charm and charisma, A man who could pulll any emotion he wanted form his audience. Cowen hasn't addressed us ONCE. Useless fecker yes, potential leader nonono!

I sound like a right nazi here, sorry for that. What I mean is that to rile a crowd you need to actually need to talk. Hitler is bad.

You've touched on something fairly key to hitler's success. He was crazily charismatic. I can safely say he was one of the greatest public speakers of all time, as much as it pains me to admit it. For that reason, I don't think we'll truly see another Hitler-esque figure.

Oh and, Godwin's law...:PAC:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Could we have another Hitler?
    We already did,that oul **** Milosevic rose on a fairly similiar mandate and racist polices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

scop wrote: »
    Could it happen? Obviously and most likely again in Europe in reaction to fundamentalist Islam. Europeans are barbarians at heart remember. ;)

A few hundred years ago maybe, surely we've progressed to a state where we won't revert to being barbaric and murderous again?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

A few hundred years ago maybe, surely we've progressed to a state where we won't revert to being barbaric and murderous again?

Well,looking at crime figures,social/family breakdown,anti social activity,unemployment,corruption,income and social/educational inequality,tax burden of the middle income groups...and the ever deteriorating quality of life in housing estates and urban areas,the prevailing cheap culture of materialism,individualism,profiteering,loss of community,spiritual,social and patriotic values...there's more than a slight chance of an ultra conservative reaction en masse:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

All those leaders you mentioned are the enemys of the west. They are no saints but how many of them is invading other countrys and killing their people? The closest thing we have to Nazi Germany is the so called good guys America, Isreal and the UK. They are the real threats to world peace.

So hypothetical moment. America and the UK pull out all troops from all countries all over the world and promise never to intervene again including on Israel's behalf. How do you think the Middle East reacts, not to mention the rest of the world? Something tells me mass kumbaya singing will not be the result.

Nein ve Can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Taking sides? My point is that these are examples of how tyrannical regimes like Hitlers' persist. I'm not going to get into an argument over "Who's worse, America or the Taliban", it's not really the point of the thread.

Advertisement