Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rampage cast as BA Baracus in new A-Team movie

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Devastator wrote: »
    Talk of Rampage Vs Rashad fight being rescheduled from December due to Rampage's filming commitments for the A-Team film....don't know if any truth in that though. I read that in an article about Penn Vs Sanchez fight being moved back to the December event.

btw, heres the link to that article if anyones interested http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3031&offset=0

Confirmation on that here sucka:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Rampage-gets-Mr-T-role-in-A-Team-movie-no-figh;_ylt=As10JIoKZEz375Ufvs0fxOc9Eo14?urn=mma,187415

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Fozzy wrote: »
    Dana was obviously mad

at the thought of one of their biggest assets being picking for a role in a major hollywood blockbuster, that no matter how good or bad would create a whole new world of publicity worldwide on the back of it for his next fight back?

I think its like a golden ticket to them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

at the thought of one of their biggest assets being picking for a role in a major hollywood blockbuster, that no matter how good or bad would create a whole new world of publicity worldwide on the back of it for his next fight back?

I think its like a golden ticket to them

But it messes up the Memphis show that they planned especially to have Rampage on the card as well as the build coming off TUF

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but if you know Dana then you know that he'd be mad about it

I don't agree, I think the commercial aspect will far out-way any sportsmanship loyalties.

when the UFC is trying its best to get shows in new states and in other countries the acceptance of one its its biggest personalities in a multi million dollar film and the publicity he(and UFC) will get around the world would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't really see how it will help the UFC that much. A similar situation would have been when The Rock did The Scorpion King. It was a big movie but it had absolutely no effect on WWE business

I just don't see how someone liking Rampage in the film would translate into any benefits for the UFC, except perhaps when Rampage fights

Good move for Rampage, but it does nothing for the UFC

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't really see how it will help the UFC that much. A similar situation would have been when The Rock did The Scorpion King. It was a big movie but it had absolutely no effect on WWE business

I just don't see how someone liking Rampage in the film would translate into any benefits for the UFC, except perhaps when Rampage fights

Good move for Rampage, but it does nothing for the UFC

I don't have any interest(since I was 10) in wrestling so don't know enough about a specific wrestler to comment on him, but wrestling has been accepted worldwide for many many years....whereas the UFC is struggling for acceptance.

I can't fail to see how its a win win situation for rampage and UFC, although Dana will invariably state he's not happy to keep with his previous statements about fighters doing other things.

Fact is(as far as I see it), Rampage is contracted to UFC and the fight contract with Rashad much have been signed and sealed(along with TUF contracts) so IF the UFC/Dana really were that unhappy then they very easily could have kept him to his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

I don't agree, I think the commercial aspect will far out-way any sportsmanship loyalties.

when the UFC is trying its best to get shows in new states and in other countries the acceptance of one its its biggest personalities in a multi million dollar film and the publicity he(and UFC) will get around the world would be huge.

Gotta agree with devastator here. So far the biggest star in terms of marketability was GSP landing the Gatorade ads in the US and Canada. I think Rampage staring in what will be a HUGE hollywood movie will eclipse GSPs success so far outside the cage and can potentially earn more interest/coverage for MMA. Think about all the people who will be interested in knowing who the MASSIVE african american guy in the A-Team is played by :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The PRIDE, heavy partying Rampage would so much better in the role than the current one.

rovert wrote: »
    The PRIDE, heavy partying Rampage would so much better in the role than the current one.

The film is due out in about a year or so, convincing win over Rashad could set him up for a title fight......maybe just in time for publicity of the film before its release ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Evans has came out and said its definetly off for UFC 107 but he hopes it will be in new year

• Advertisement
Advertisement