Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rampage cast as BA Baracus in new A-Team movie

Options
  • 26-08-2009 5:04pm

Link

Arguably the highest profile role for an MMA fighter yet. Hope he's good now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nooooo nonononononononononono.
    I really dont see this going well at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I think its great. Just hope he doesn't try immitate the voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

GSPfan wrote: »

should be funny

this topic is spreading like a virus on sherdog. I suppose thats what u get for going on sherdog forums

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GSPfan wrote: »

Well he aint goin on no plane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I remember seeing him on a chat show, maybe Conan O'Brien, sometime before his fight with Forrest Griffin and he had his hair grown out because he'd just auditioned for the role. It never fails to surprise me how slow the movie making process seems to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Chewabacca wrote: »
    should be funny

this topic is spreading like a virus on sherdog. I suppose thats what u get for going on sherdog forums

That makes no sense.

Sherdog is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Chris89 wrote: »
    That makes no sense.

Sherdog is hilarious.

Sherdog is troll central with people talking nonsense on 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of all topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wonder if there's a connection between him and Bradley Cooper (already in Midnight Meat Train together.

Clip below of that film, shows who would win in a fight between Rampage and Vinnie Jones!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8k03n_quinton-rampage-jackson-the-midnigh_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Sherdog is troll central with people talking nonsense on 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of all topics.

Some of the humour i think is really clever, Ill be honest i dont read it for MMA news, but i do think a great majority of the posters on there, even the trolls, are very witty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,155 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think Rampage is a good choice, as with all 80s remakes, they are going to be tounge in cheek, almost a parody. Should be funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I pity the fool :pac:

The movie has been rumored for year's I'd just be happy so see a good movie regardless who plays who , I'm just happy Will Smith is not filling the role :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Liam Neeson is playing Hannibal. Him and Rampage sounds like an odd pairing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

i hope they get Michael Mann to do it and it comes out all po faced like Miami Vice.

Which I thought was good by the way.

I hope that Rashad, Forrest and Wanderlei are part of the bad guys gang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

Unfortunately while this would be brillant if it was true, according to Bloody Elbow, the Sun's story is BS

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fozzy wrote: »
    I hope that Rashad, Forrest and Wanderlei are part of the bad guys gang

HAHA imagine it, BA gives Forrest gets a slap in the face and he just runs off into the jungle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

sheehy83 wrote: »
    HAHA imagine it, BA gives Forrest gets a slap in the face and he just runs off into the jungle!

It would lead to a good chase scene....this has got me a lot more interested in the movie than I would have been....hopefully Rampage can transfer his natural charisma onto the big screen.

It would lead to a good chase scene....this has got me a lot more interested in the movie than I would have been....hopefully Rampage can transfer his natural charisma onto the big screen.

I think you missed the post two before yours about the news not being true :pac:

Still, I've read that the good reception to the initial story might persuade them to cast Rampage in the role

• Advertisement

Roper wrote: »
    i hope they get Michael Mann to do it and it comes out all po faced like Miami Vice.

Which I thought was good by the way.

Really?

I thought it was awful!! Cool looking but no real plot or substance at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Well I thought the plot was okay but the love story was a bit weak between Crocket and the Chinese girl. Other than that I thought it looked great and I loved the lack of dialogue. I think a lot of people went in expecting it to be either a pastiche or a buddy cop movie like Lethal Weapon. I'm a big Michael Mann fan by the way so that might explain why I didn't have those expectations.

This is the best topic this forum has ever spawned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

brilliant!!! i actually think he could pull it off, i love my milk ahwoooooo!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

The very first interview I saw with Rampage I immediately thought he would be excellent in this role.

The guy has a talent in front of the mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 firstroundtko

He an't getting on no plane sucka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Fozzy wrote: »
    Liam Neeson is playing Hannibal. Him and Rampage sounds like an odd pairing

Whereas George Peppard and Mr T were a match made in Heaven :p

story came from the scum......very doubtful IF true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Its not true, already been debunked

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

It's "Common" from Terminator: Salvation playing him.

But i definitely think Rampage would be better, guy is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Talk of Rampage Vs Rashad fight being rescheduled from December due to Rampage's filming commitments for the A-Team film....don't know if any truth in that though. I read that in an article about Penn Vs Sanchez fight being moved back to the December event.

btw, heres the link to that article if anyones interested http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3031&offset=0

• Advertisement

The last thing that I read in the Wrestling Observer about it was that Rampage did ask the UFC for permission or time off in case he lands the role. Dana was obviously mad about the possibility of having to postpone the fight with Rashad, because that looks set to be a huge show

In a perfect world we'd get both :pac:

Advertisement