Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother to be axed

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Oh thank Christ :)

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Don't like it? Don't watch..

It's hard I know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

Ah some good news today!:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It should be axed and anybody who ever appeared in it,watched it or auditioned for it should be killed..with an axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Big Fuss!

It's such lazy television! ; "Let's hold auditions, then put the biggest freaks into a house with cameras filming them for the summer!"

Then, there's the saddos who watch the live feeds! Who stays awake at four AM watching people on TV sleeping?

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    It should be axed and anybody who ever appeared in it,watched it or auditioned for it should be killed..with an axe.

Waste of a good axe!
    I'm holding on to mine for my next visit to the Dail.
    Roll on September! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'll reserve from throwing street parties and wild celebrations until I see what sh*tfest they're going to replace it with...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Wertz wrote: »
    I'll reserve from throwing street parties and wild celebrations until I see what sh*tfest they're going to replace it with...

Something with Gerry Ryan one hopes

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Hurray... A truely great result. The removal of one platform where socal bottom feeders get attention is always good news, Now just Axe, anything with celebrity in the title and shows like x-factor. X-factor my arse more like ****e factor, down with Prole tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I watched this last night and the blonde chick in it was given a task. She was given a large map and she had to put a sticker on whichever country they called out. She only got 2 from 7 countries right.
    I've never seen anyone so dumb in all my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Big Fuss!
    "Let's hold auditions, then put the biggest freaks into a house with cameras filming them for the summer!"

The fact that they insisted on putting nothing but freaks into it made it even less interesting imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

What good news to wake up too, this really puts a spring in my step for the rest of the day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Some other channel might still pick up the rights to it and make a new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just because C4 are dropping it doesn't mean it's finished. ITV will probably take over :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yep. Just heard Endemol will be trying to sell it to another channel

Shush you, dear gawd don't even whisper that! :eek:
    Yep. Just heard Endemol will be trying to sell it to another channel

Hopefully the Ant-Arctic TV stations buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Degsy wrote: »
    I presume you are on the way down to the Q102 studios then to have a "word" with Ray "Z Lister" Shah.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I watched this last night and the blonde chick in it was given a task. She was given a large map and she had to put a sticker on whichever country they called out. She only got 2 from 7 countries right.
    I've never seen anyone so dumb in all my life.

Mate's g/f was tring to tell us about this last night...soemthing about not being able to place Iceland and shouting about how it wasn't a country, that the only Iceland she knew was in the local high st.
    Why does modern society seek to reward stupidity with celebrity status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

thank christ. Hopefully if it dies completely people wil lgo back to making real TV, not bloody reality TV. It ushered in this whole cult of personality famous for nothing celeb culture, hopefully that will die soon after BB does.

Wertz wrote: »
    Why does modern society seek to reward stupidity with celebrity status?

You could ask Jade Goody! Oh, wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Wooooooo...

It's finally over..

happy dance

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Don't get overjoyed yet. It will be on Channel 4 next year also as they are contracted to do it. Then it will be gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

TV3 will buy the rights. They seem to get every cast off from British TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dumb boring tv for dumb boring people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Yes. Finally they copped on.

I'm just dreading what they think of to replace it

LD 50 wrote: »

Little Brother? Some sort of dwarf spin-off?

:p

LD 50 wrote: »

I'm just trying to think what could be worse?
    Any suggestions? LOL :D
    Little Brother? Some sort of dwarf spin-off?

They wouldn't be that stupid ...would they! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Just playing devil's advocate here, is there any difference between BB and for example a soccer match? Neither adds anything to the sum of human knowledge, neither has any real impact on the lives of the viewers, entertainment is subjective is it not?

Biggins wrote: »
    They wouldn't be that stupid ...would they! :eek:

Who knows? They could even be sleepy, bashful or sneezy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Long Onion wrote: »
    Just playing devil's advocate here, is there any difference between BB and for example a soccer match? Neither adds anything to the sum of human knowledge, neither has any real impact on the lives of the viewers, entertainment is subjective is it not?

A match only last 90 minutes not 4 ****in months!

Advertisement