Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal and Money

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Grimes wrote: »
    Sorry I come across as a bit of a twat on boards sometimes. No offence intended. I apologise if I took you out of context. I dont see the need to keep wasters out of the paranormal as in my experience it isnt that much of a problem.

Again I apologise If I came across as abrasive. Ill try to be less of a knob of boards

Don't worry about it. I can be a knob myself on here sometimes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

6th wrote: »
    Charging someone for helping them (as Danny says going to their home) is the lowest of the low.
    Why, if you genuinely believe in it, is it different from charging for plumbing services or any other service?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

Speaking as a 'joanne public', I have recently graduated from watching Most Haunted on the sofa to taking part on several investigations and even keeping a paranormal blog to record my experiences. I am very much aware that the fees I have had to pay on these investigations have barely covered the investigation teams costs and I appreciate them keeping their fees low to allow members of the public to attend. I am happy to pay these fees. However, I would hate to see things get much too commercial like in the UK, with many 'fright night' style investigations charging £150 per night. I think open investigations, press and television coverage are essential in helping the field of paranormal investigation develop. It should not become elitist. The more people who become interested in this field and begin investigating, the more research can be gleaned.

Advertisement