Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda to lauch Superb estate at Frankfurt

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

DubDani wrote: »
    I still believe the legacy is a car for blind people and loosers

this is coming from someone who owns a Skoda Superb.... :rolleyes:

maybe you should have checked your local area for one of these first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

The quotes above championing the Suberb are telling (it's 30% bigger than a Leggie etc). For Skoda owners size matters - never mind the quality, feel the width...

But I'm really wondering about the profile of boardsies when we have a bunch of Skoda-fetishists on slagging off anything that isn't a Superb.:rolleyes: Having said that it's a good enough car as VAG goes - like other Skodas it's honest and good value.

(The Superb owners slagging off the Legacy looks are handslaptastic:pac:...)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Bad experience of one DubD?

More like no experience, I'd say.

BTW anyone who says a Subaru is uglier than a Skoda can't really be taken serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,837 ✭✭✭✭unkel

pburns wrote: »
    For Skoda owners size matters

Size does matter. Whoever told you otherwise was showing pity ;)

Anyways, disregarding a lot of defensiveness and whining from various posters (fanboys, owners) in this thread, if it was my choice and my money and I didn't need the size, I'd buy the Subaru.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Wouldnt be surprised if we heard about new engines for the Superb when the Estate(Or Combi as they'd like you call it) is launched at Frankfurt. Perhaps Skoda will use the launch of the estate to announce the new engines. I mean the Yeti has the new 2.0 CR TDi's so Skoda definitely have access to them. It would be unfair for the Superb to have to do with the 1.9 for much longer because its VAG siblings in the class already have the 2.0 CR 110, in the form of the Exeo and the Passat

The Octavia is getting the 1.6 CR TDi as well so it may as well be getting the CR 2.0 TDi's(apart from the 170 CR which it already has in the RS)

BTW, See here: http://www.motorionline.com/2009/07/29/nuove-immagini-della-skoda-superb/

These spy shots were out a couple of weeks ago

Skoda do have access to them. The 2.0Tdi 170CR is available in the Superb (from launch) in either manual or DSG.

The 2.0Tdi CR (Bluemotion) in the Passat has already been discontinued :confused: from production week 44 (any new orders) and will be replaced with the 1.6Tdi - but my VW dealer can't tell us what BHP that engine will be producing. Hopefully there is enough torque for a car that size - IMHO the 1.6d in the S40 struggles for a car in that class so I'm not too hopeful of the performance in the Passat. A 1.6 diesel in something the size of the Superb could be truly woeful, the 1.9Tdi wasn't as bad as I expected in the Superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You're all looking at this the wrong way.
    This isn't an E-class estate for the poor, nor is it a competitor to the Legacy (totally different clientel)

What it is is the replacement for the discontinued Opel Omega estate. Never a great seller here, the Omega estate was THE vehicle for travelling salesmen all over the continent. If you had samples to carry and your boss liked you, you got an Omega to munch the miles in comfort without posing any danger to the status of your superiors who all drove Audis, Beemers or Mercs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Skoda-Superb/243220/

Their link to those high res pics doesnt seem to be working at the moment. The car doesnt look too bad in that small pic though!:)

Advertisement