Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda to lauch Superb estate at Frankfurt

Options
  • 25-08-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Skoda_Superb1_DW_So_882879g.jpg

me likey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nice lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

It took me a few minutes to realise that it wasnt an Octavia. . . . I though it was your opinion of the new Octavia lol.

Looks like a really nice car though!
    Estates! The way of the future :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Not a bad lookin machine is it? I wonder will it have any quirky features - like the bootlid on its sister saloon/hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I Like it a lot.

It overcomes the issue the saloon/hatch has with looking out of proportion due to the fancy boot configuration.

Hopefully the emissions aren't badly affected by sticking the extra bit on the back and it will still come in reasonable. The 140pd and 170CR TDI engines are only just about in Band C - the 1.9Tdi is an insult to such a good car otherwise. Based on the sheer space in the saloon this is likely to have greater carrying capacity than any other estate I can think of (E-Class, V70).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Quite nice. Superbs are expensive beasts though.

car_photo_254121_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Berty wrote: »
    Quite nice. Superbs are expensive beasts though.

In comparison to what? Earlier this year I got a Superb 170 Elegance and an A6 170 SE off the same transporter. Think the Superb was about €7,000 cheaper than the A6, had better spec and more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looks decent. Unfortunately they will still use that old 1.9 diesel for the entry level models :(

unkel wrote: »
    Looks decent. Unfortunately they will still use that old 1.9 diesel for the entry level models :(

I would have thought they would get the new 2.0 TDI but the 1.9 is still an epic engine. I dont get the anti TDI thoughts here :( But Im a newb who loves his first car so hey :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

bbk wrote: »
    the 1.9 is still an epic engine.

Ehhhhhhhhhh? Epic???

• Advertisement

Ehhhhhhhhhh? Epic???

Blinded by love ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

R.O.R wrote: »
    In comparison to what? Earlier this year I got a Superb 170 Elegance and an A6 170 SE off the same transporter. Think the Superb was about €7,000 cheaper than the A6, had better spec and more room.

More expensive than a Legacy estate!!
    The front end still looks shyte. Still, it'll keep the boardsies facination with Skodas going for a while longer! :D
    Sad state of a "motors" forum when a Superb estate has more replies than a Maserati drop-top.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The side profile has a serious bang of E61 about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

Biro wrote: »

But who the hell would want that piece of sh*t? I have no idea why some people are so fascinated by Subaru. Some of the ugliest cars on Irish roads imo. And not that great to drive either.

The Skoda Estate looks like a lovely car. Would def. consider it, if I hadn't just bought a Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

DubDani wrote: »
    But who the hell would want that piece of sh*t? I have no idea why some people are so fascinated by Subaru. Some of the ugliest cars on Irish roads imo. And not that great to drive either.

Now now, my wife hired a 2.0 Legacy Sport for me on the week that we were getting married and I was massively impressed by it so much so I would have swapped my 318Ci for it there and then. No questions asked.

That Superb estate is gorgeous though, my Dad is on his second Mk1 Superb and he adores them, brilliantly reliable and frugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

bbk wrote: »
    the 1.9 is still an epic engine.

Epic:
    ->A long, traditional poem
    ->A long, old story, told aloud
    ->An old, loud, constant noise
    ->A VAG 1.9 Tdi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The Skoda Estate looks like a lovely car. Would def. consider it, if I hadn't just bought a Superb.

Oh the I own one fanboys are out:D

I really like the Superb for some reason but Legacy is far from a bad car

Zube wrote: »
    Epic:
    ->A long, traditional poem
    ->A long, old story, told aloud
    ->An old, loud, constant noise
    ->A VAG 1.9 Tdi

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Em. I dont get this. The Skoda estate pictured is a Surperb....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I know an estate car is an estate car so you're bound to see similarities between all of them but I apart from the nose I think it looks like one of theses

mit_legnum_s97_02.JPG

Which IMO is a good thing. ( Did I just compliment a Skoda and a jappo in one sentence....must be getting old :D) Like that Skoda so I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

How do you know when the car hasn't been launched and prices haven't been released yet? :p

At the moment, a base saloon Legacy lists at €27k, a base saloon Superb lists at €26k. The Superb is a lot bigger than a Legacy too...

Em. I dont get this. The Skoda estate pictured is a Surperb....:confused:

I think he just bought a saloon Superb but says he would have gotten the estate if he could. I think

You, sir, haven't a notion. Really, I mean that.

unkel wrote: »
    How do you know when the car hasn't been launched and prices haven't been released yet? :p

At the moment, a base saloon Legacy lists at €27k, a base saloon Superb lists at €26k. The Superb is a lot bigger than a Legacy too...
    The Superb is a bit bigger, not a lot bigger, and the Legacy comes with a 150bhp superier diesel engine and 4WD. Much better car, better built too. Everyone is quick to knock the Passat, saying how crap it is - the Superb is practically the same thing, only uglified and everyone on boards has wet dreams about it.
    Drummerboy wrote:
    Em. I dont get this. The Skoda estate pictured is a Surperb....
    The poor fella is lost, he came into the motors forum without knowing and without a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

The Superb is a bit bigger, not a lot bigger, and the Legacy comes with a 150bhp superier diesel engine and 4WD. Much better car, better built too. Everyone is quick to knock the Passat, saying how crap it is - the Superb is practically the same thing, only uglified and everyone on boards has wet dreams about it.

The poor fella is lost, he came into the motors forum without knowing and without a clue!

LOL.. each it's own. I still believe the legacy is a car for blind people and loosers, so probably just about right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

LOL.. each it's own. I still believe the legacy is a car for blind people and loosers, so probably just about right for you.

I think you should go back to watching Cbeebies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

The Superb is a bit bigger, not a lot bigger...

Just to be pedantic:
    According to CBG here, the Superb is 423mm longer, 279mm wider and 37mm higher....

That makes it 30% bigger, which could be termed "a lot". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Everyone is quick to knock the Passat, saying how crap it is - the Superb is practically the same thing, only uglified and everyone on boards has wet dreams about it.

come on guys ...I suspect what you're really after is this:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Bad experience of one DubD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Wouldnt be surprised if we heard about new engines for the Superb when the Estate(Or Combi as they'd like you call it) is launched at Frankfurt. Perhaps Skoda will use the launch of the estate to announce the new engines. I mean the Yeti has the new 2.0 CR TDi's so Skoda definitely have access to them. It would be unfair for the Superb to have to do with the 1.9 for much longer because its VAG siblings in the class already have the 2.0 CR 110, in the form of the Exeo and the Passat

The Octavia is getting the 1.6 CR TDi as well so it may as well be getting the CR 2.0 TDi's(apart from the 170 CR which it already has in the RS)

BTW, See here: http://www.motorionline.com/2009/07/29/nuove-immagini-della-skoda-superb/

These spy shots were out a couple of weeks ago

Advertisement