Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying your own wallet / purse

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

*dusts down old chestnut*

It's unlucky to be superstitious

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yeah, very unlucky to buy things for yourself!

I'm gonna give a stranger a suitcase full of thousands to buy me a house so it never goes on fire or gets broken into! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

oddly ive always ahd wallets bought for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

On new year's eve, a friend gave me a euro to keep in my wallet. He said it's an old tradition and it meant that I'd never run out of money during the year. I thought it was cute, although obviously I'd never run out of money if I kept the euro. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wallet Inspector here, hand them over ppl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

People make up this crap to suit them

It's lucky to come and go via the back door = I don't want you walking sh1t into my hall

It's rude to leave the toilet seat up = can't be arsed putting it down myself because you've probably pee'd on it

It's unlucky to buy your own wallet = I know you have one but I have no idea what to get you for your birthday

You can get pregnant on the first time ...

etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

The O.P is right you should never buy your own wallet/purse, mine was brought for me 15 years ago and i still have it and ive travelled and lived all over the world, never lost it once and ive been in many tricky and drunk situations. Dont mock something ye dont understand its all 2 easy to do.

Close down your browser and stop promoting superstitious idiocy on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Don't you know it's bad luck to be superstitious?

edit: ahh, I was beaten to it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The O.P is right you should never buy your own wallet/purse, mine was brought for me 15 years ago and i still have it and ive travelled and lived all over the world, never lost it once and ive been in many tricky and drunk situations. Dont mock something ye dont understand its all 2 easy to do.

No wonder you never lost it - most of your posts make it sound like you've never opened it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've never actually bought myself one, have one from ex amde of recycled circuit boards that's it, and some others as presents from people that I don't really use.

No problem buying one, luck thing is nonsense, never even heard that, but I do believe in being cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I've never heard of this either. If that woman had approached me in Penney's I'd have thought she was wierd but I'd have done if for her anyway.

You learn something new every day on boards!

Advertisement