Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie Domains for a fiver!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They have me jumping through hoops now with copies of passports etc. It's not as if I was trying to order a registered company name or a politician's name. Ireland and red tape grrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

im being so good these days !
    i went to order it like 3 times and got to the last stage and turned around and said do i really need this.

man the ression is coming out of my ears now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

samhail wrote: »
    im being so good these days !
    i went to order it like 3 times and got to the last stage and turned around and said do i really need this.

man the ression is coming out of my ears now !
    Of course you need it ;)

I've just got official notification from IEDR that Hagar.ie is now formally registered in my name.

The accepted the fact that I have been using the pseudonym Hagar on Boards.ie for over 7 yrs as sufficient precedent to grant me the domain.

I'm counting this as a win. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Where do you go to on the site to register for one. i dont know where to go from the blog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hagar wrote: »
    I've just got official notification from IEDR that Hagar.ie is now formally registered in my name.

The accepted the fact that I have been using the pseudonym Hagar on Boards.ie for over 7 yrs as sufficient precedent to grant me the domain.

I'm counting this as a win. :D
    LOL

IEDR is a sham ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Where do you go to on the site to register for one. i dont know where to go from the blog

Just search for your domain, then add to cart.
    It'll bring you through some questions, but don't worry about the price for the .ie. It'll show up as €5 at the end (then add on the VAT).

Just got mine registered and approved. My online meteor account allowed me to download a bill in pdf format. That was enough for registration.
    Very easy to do.

Just need to work out what I'm going to do with my site now :eek:

its looking for vat numbers and rbn numbers.
    i have neither

If your not looking for a business name domain just type in the word "None" that's what I did and it worked out fine.

its for my brother hes a sole trader.. presume he'll need those number so to register for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

How long are these valid for and how do I actually get the domain from the link? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

They won't let me register my own name as a domain. :( Fuppin' IEDR are a bunch of cocks! I wanted to register just my surname, which is unusual enough that I'm not depriving someone else of the opportunity. The domain's available, if someone had wanted it that badly, they'd have had it by now, FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

blastman wrote: »
    They won't let me register my own name as a domain. :( Fuppin' IEDR are a bunch of cocks! I wanted to register just my surname, which is unusual enough that I'm not depriving someone else of the opportunity. The domain's available, if someone had wanted it that badly, they'd have had it by now, FFS!

Maybe register your surname as a business name ?

I use blacknight by the way and find them so helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

its for my brother hes a sole trader.. presume he'll need those number so to register for it

Does he have a registered business name ? if so you can check it up from www.cro.ie and get the number for it there and then register it with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dave! wrote: »
    LOL

IEDR is a sham ! :D

Agreed, their "rules" seem to be getting more bent by the day.

Between this and catholic.ie redirecting to countmeout.ie my respect to their registration policy has gone done.

But congrats on the domain Hagar. It's a good 'un.

Advertisement