Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This will terrify you...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 think

Hey all,

Thank you for the interest and the hot debate. And thank you Grimes and others for the support. I apologize for the late reply - It's been a long day away from the computer, gearing up for this project.

As far as the original post, it is 100% representative of my experience of the site as well as a handful of other people's experiences - real fear stemming from paranormal observations... And trust me, I'm not a fearful guy. Bottom line, I was scared. More than that - I wanted to know more. So here we are.

I know that this whole area of interest is full of people looking for something that isn't there, people with absolute blind faith - and yes, some crackpots.. (no offense) When you look at other belief systems, most of the world fits into these categories.

I don't.

I'm more science oriented and the way I look at it, microwaves existed before science discovered them and trapped them in a box that put them to work. There is a lot more out there waiting to be discovered. My experience is that there is something at this site that is waiting to be observed properly. Discovered.

If it's a ghost, maybe we too can put it in a box and put it to work.. =)

Short of that, the film maker in me wants to explore this further with a camera. Along with anyone else who is interested and feels that they can gain from it, whether just for fun or for science - including skeptics. Specially skeptics.

That said, I'd rather not have a line of parked cars pointing to the latest stop on the Dublin ghost bus tour... Above all, I don't want that.

So please continue to PM and I'll keep you in the loop as this develops. I'm hoping to get out there asap. I promise I'll respond as soon as I can. When you meet me, you'll understand the delay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Grimes wrote: »
    Iamhunted, there has been no mentions of costs on this thread at all so why are you assuming this is a cash generating project. There are a number of locations that charge big money for groups to do "serious scientific investigations" and groups pay it.

As far as cashing in on the paranormal goes, there are some groups that have been trying to get on telly for a long time.

post 9, halfdown.

I'd love to hear of somehwere 'haunted' that charges money. I dont think any of us can find anywhere that's 'haunted' enough to be able to pay money to witness the phenomena, nevermind do "serious scientific investigations" - but thats another story and another thread.

But awwww - where you trying to get on telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

iamhunted wrote: »

is there something wrong with trying to garner recognition or support with TV/podcast/radio appearences?

or where you just trying to be a smart a%*2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

iamhunted wrote: »

TV and radio has no interest for me as Im not trying to cash in on the paranormal. Im sure you are the same as you also disagree with people trying to cash in on it.

Thanks for all the responses and sorry for the delay in replying. I've been spending a lot of time trying to make sure that this project starts off the right foot. More details via PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Is it in biffos house maybe ?:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

If it's the Leap Castle it has been investigated before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

leddpipe wrote: »
    is there something wrong with trying to garner recognition or support with TV/podcast/radio appearences?

or where you just trying to be a smart a%*2?

considering Ive done a bit of all three, why would there be something wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Has anyone worked out where this location is ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Can a bit more detail about this be posted on thread or is there an issue with that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zerotolerance

What Is the reason for the lack of information on this very top secret location
    Is it that your friend does not want loads of people trespassing on the land?:confused:
    I have done a few investigations in that area and to date have found nothing, though i would be very interested in a new location as they are few and far between.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Why do paranormal investigations have to marketed as something to terrify you?

If you want a terrifying supernatural experience, go on a Ghost Train IMO

I guess it's the whole fear of the unknown..

Thanks to everyone who takes this seriously and is interested in chipping away at the unknown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 koklekel

why no details posted?
    gotta be a windup!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

He asked for emails and would send us on the details.Havent heard anything since.

Here's an update --

There has been more paranormal activity at the location since the orignal post, including things captured in photos.

In an effort to try and move forward with a proper investigation, I met with members of a paranormal investigation team. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to arrange a second meeting with them at the location.

I wanted an experienced team to go through the site first. I've been doing a lot of research into this and this is the real thing. I want investigations to start off properly and scientifically, not just for entertainment.

I'll give that team a couple more days to get in touch if they are still interested. I'll be in touch with everyone who is interested as things develop.

can you post the pics on here for us to look at and dicuss? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

think wrote: »
    If you want to experience real fear from the paranormal, you have found your treasure map. If you are a skeptic, I dare you to join in. Let's see how you feel afterward...

There is a secluded site with a massive old estate house, dense forests, overgrown, walled-in gardens, a church and grave yard, crumbling concrete barns, stables and servant houses..

The place is many centuries old. It hasn't been used in decades.
    Investigations and a documentary are only just starting.

This is not another tourist-filled castle or B&B open to the public. This is a one of a kind site that will terrify you.

Who's up for for some real paranormal hunting..?
    I have Been to many a place like it. Yeah, up for it anyway, where is the location?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

I have Been to many a place like it. Yeah, up for it anyway, where is the location?

Dont hold your breath re: this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

leddpipe wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath re: this thread :rolleyes:
    Why?? What ya mean? Is it a load of spoof or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

think wrote: »
    Here's an update --

There has been more paranormal activity at the location since the orignal post, including things captured in photos.

In an effort to try and move forward with a proper investigation, I met with members of a paranormal investigation team. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to arrange a second meeting with them at the location.

I wanted an experienced team to go through the site first. I've been doing a lot of research into this and this is the real thing. I want investigations to start off properly and scientifically, not just for entertainment.

I'll give that team a couple more days to get in touch if they are still interested. I'll be in touch with everyone who is interested as things develop.

First of all do you have permission to be at this location,,,and second were is the photos ,,,if the photos have orbs ,,,the comments may even Terrify you ,,,
    kinda silly all the hush hush you advertise then tell us nothing then go to a team and you cant set up another meeting,,,do the team think its active or another spooky looking place that scooby doo might find old man Smithers as the culpret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Come on, dont leave us all in limbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

PIGS are going to the location tomorrow night. The OP has requested the site location remain private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Grimes wrote: »
    PIGS are going to the location tomorrow night. The OP has requested the site location remain private.

Get out of town Grimes! ya serious? Wow I'm so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I agree though that this thread served nothing but to annoy people. I think the OP was just excited and posted in haste.

Obviously if we're told the site isnt to be named then we wont name it but we'll come back and post how we got on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

good luck tomorrow guys

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Best of Luck Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

What was the outcome of all this? Did people end up terrified by something up there?

Advertisement