Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This will terrify you...

Options
  • 24-08-2009 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

If you want to experience real fear from the paranormal, you have found your treasure map. If you are a skeptic, I dare you to join in. Let's see how you feel afterward...

There is a secluded site with a massive old estate house, dense forests, overgrown, walled-in gardens, a church and grave yard, crumbling concrete barns, stables and servant houses..

The place is many centuries old. It hasn't been used in decades.
    Investigations and a documentary are only just starting.

This is not another tourist-filled castle or B&B open to the public. This is a one of a kind site that will terrify you.

Who's up for for some real paranormal hunting..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

where is it? sounds familiar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 think

See PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

whats the name of the location ??

It's in Offaly. It hasnt been properly investigated before although you can definitely feel something as soon as you step foot on the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill go

sounds mysterious

Whats the location? Cost? Have you done this before? When is it on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

is this another of these 'its old and looks haunted so it is' things or is there actually any eyewitness accounts of anything paranormal going on at all?

iamhunted wrote: »
    is this another of these 'its old and looks haunted so it is' things or is there actually any eyewitness accounts of anything paranormal going on at all?

There probably is, you just havnt heard about it. Better than some groups going on blatantly made up ghost stories and fake history.

think wrote: »
    you can definitely feel something as soon as you step foot on the land.

The OP has had a subjective experience there. OP dont let anyone put you off. They just dont like more sharks in the tank :P

There have been no official paranormal investigations done there before. I go to place as much as I can to work (I'm a writer - a colleague owns the land and it's not in use) I try to get out of there before dark though as there definitely is a tangible energy there. Not necessarily bad energy... just a definite feeling. Although, there are a couple of areas that I avoid even during daylight.

The start of the investigations are a part of a documentary on the activity there.

When? The documentary is ongoing. As soon as a group fills up, we can organize an overnight based on schedules. I have exclusive use of the land.

Cost? I'll allocate a nominal fee in the coming days. I want to make sure the fee is fair - although, when you see the place, I'm sure cost won't be an issue.

Grimes, thanks for the interest. It looks like you have experience with these types of investigations (I'd be more on the film making side of it) Maybe you can PM and we can discuss further?

If anyone one else is interest, and it's within the rules of the forum, please PM and we'll see if we can get out there asap.

The answer to the second part of your questions is yes.

That is why the investigation and doc are being organized. If I had to classify myself according to the theme of this forum, I'd be a firm skeptic. Or rather, I would have been a firm skeptic. Not any more.

Ill mention it to a few people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What make a paranormal investigation official?

Grimes wrote: »
    There probably is, you just havnt heard about it. Better than some groups going on blatantly made up ghost stories and fake history.

The OP has had a subjective experience there. OP dont let anyone put you off. They just dont like more sharks in the tank :P

hmmm. Unfortunately 'hmmm' is all I can think of at the minute. If this moves to be 'join our investigation for only X euro' then I'll know Ireland has completely gone to the dogs in regards to paranormal investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

id like the chance to investigate this location. i have never done any investigating with any paranormal groups before i went to a few locations with a few mates . would this be a problem ??

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Sounds interesting..would you pm me more details please.

Im assuming you'll still allow people to bring their own nightvision equip etc even though its for a documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

is it on the foot hills of the slieve blooms!?

"This will terrify you"

"If you want to experience "real fear" from the paranormal"

Already planting suggestions ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

"This will terrify you"

"If you want to experience "real fear" from the paranormal"

Already planting suggestions ? ?

My thoughts exactly, but then maybe I am being too skecptical :p

Suppose it would be a good way to start a marketing campaign if you had a friend with an abandoned property who wanted to start the place as a haunted house or paranormal attraction.

I know Im being a bit of a skeptic but thats not to say Im not open minded.Ive experienced this I cant quite explained but from looking at the original post and comparing it to some of the other investigations it does come across as a bit fishy.

Id love to be proved wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I suppose if the OP were to provide more detail re any costs to anyone interested in partaking that would allay some of the skecpticism!

i suppose theres a market for those who want to pay to investigate and those who wish to just investigate.

I suspect though that Ireland's starting to look to cash in on the paranormal.

• Advertisement

i suppose theres a market for those who want to pay to investigate and those who wish to just investigate.

I suspect though that Ireland's starting to look to cash in on the paranormal.

Good point.

I do however hope that a line can be drawn between paranormal visits ala tourist style and serious scientific paranormal investigations which take everything into account not just the folklore of the building.

TechFreak wrote: »
    serious scientific paranormal investigations.

Thats a bit of a contradiction.The paranormal is a pseudo science and the scientific methods that groups use could be further from actual science. The majority of investigators also hold no scientific qualifications. For the record the is no money to be made from Paranormal investigations and the little that one could gleam together would be lower than the social welfare.

Iamhunted, there has been no mentions of costs on this thread at all so why are you assuming this is a cash generating project. There are a number of locations that charge big money for groups to do "serious scientific investigations" and groups pay it.

As far as cashing in on the paranormal goes, there are some groups that have been trying to get on telly for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I think the OP wants to make High Spirits II.:cool:.

Think can be Niall Jordan (Director)

Grimes can be Peter Plunket.

iamhunted can play the Steve Guttenberg part.

6th can play The voice of Brogan (because he hasn't shown up yet:D)

Techfreak can be that guy with all the gadgets:D.

Slowmotion can play Liam Neesons part.

and all the girls can fight it out for who's going to be Daryl Hannah.

This could be Great.
    I can feel it in me waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

OP vamoose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I'm intrigued now. I have done a good few investigations at this stage and somewhere new is always interesting but one where its new ground brillant. Sent you a pm.

All investigations go on word of mouth, stories and if op is scaming it wont be long coming out on here, so it would be pointless to go down that road. Pretty much everything cost money in this world and it will cost you to do a serious investigation in a wide varitey of places to gain any knowledge or pattern in this field.

most investigations are the same, long, often cold, and ultimately fruitless :rolleyes:

Not to be backseat modding here but could you please keep your cynicism and self gratifying comments out of this thread and let the OP try and organise an investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Sounds dubious.

Thats a bit of a contradiction.The paranormal is a pseudo science and the scientific methods that groups use could be further from actual science. The majority of investigators also hold no scientific qualifications.

Grimes,

I dont know about anyone else on this forum but I do have qualifications in two scientific fields.I also do believe it is possible to do such investigations from a scientific perspective or at least incorporating one.Of course you cant examine a site in enclosed laboratory conditions but you can examine a "paranormal scenario" by incorporating such philosophies such as Occam's Razor.For example if it walks like a duck , sounds like a duck , its a duck.Its not a 16th Century midget druid.

You can also look at EMF fields , the geology of the area , cold spots ,if the this any UL frequencies etc Just because we dont understand something doesnt mean it can be scientifically quantified in the future i.e Magnetism , gravity.All of which were perceived as mystical in the past but now are an accepted scientific principle.

Im not calling whatever this is a science.Im just saying we can use scientific methods to study this phenomenon.

All I know is that I was a skeptic , a very grounded skeptic.But to quote the cliche (and most like people on here) I experienced an incident where I cant explain what happened using current scientific knowledge.

As for this investigation Id love to go if I was able.Ive dont a lot of work which EVP's and Id love to go in the field and get samples.

Also Im free for the role in High Spirits 2.Speak to my agent :)

• Advertisement

Not to be backseat modding here but could you please keep your cynicism and self gratifying comments out of this thread and let the OP try and organise an investigation.

your contradiction aside, my "cynacism" is merely an observation based on my experiences,which have always proved at the very best, inconclusive.thats not to say I wont keep trying, I have after all PM'd the OP about this potential investigation.
    so no, not cynical at all!
    at least that certainely wasnt my intent.
    and I dont come to boards for gratification!although based on the depth and effort some people put into online personas, I can see why you might have thought that!

Advertisement