Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good SNES Games: Recommendations?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another World is **** on the SNES. They censored loads of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭budgemook

atariman wrote: »
    Didn't see it mentioned, but if ya love mario kart and want a new, not quite the same, but the best you're gonna get sequel, grab a copy of Street Racer. Effin class :pac:

Hmmm. Is it really similar? The closest game i'm found since is Crash Team Racing on the PSOne. What console is Street Racer on?

I didn't like any of the Mariokart sequels, only the original. Do you really think Street Racer is the next best thing?

I still play Mariokart on an emulator but it's hard to get a game of 2 player going. I assume street racer is online?

Oh it's PSOne. Bah! I'll justs tick to Mariokart or Crash team racing (which is available for PS3 in the playstation store)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Racer is on the SNES. It's also not that good.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Street Racer is on the SNES. It's also not that good.

Wait, is it the one with sumo wrestler and all and you kick out at each other and can fall off the inside of the track?

• Advertisement

Thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Street Racer is dire on the Snes.Unirally is a cool racer if you want to play something a little different.

Yeah was never a fan of Street Racer so. Mariokart all the way on the SNES, CTR on the PSONE although I could never beat that fecker in the flying saucer. Finished the game 107% IIRC but don't remember beating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Another World is **** on the SNES. They censored loads of it.

Really? didn't know that. It is significantly different to pc version?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,692 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you're into playing it on a console, then go with the Megadrive version. As far as I know the whole last level where you crash into the baths has been heavily edited/removed from the snes version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Woah woah, not saying Street Racer was a classic, just saying it was the next best thing to Mario Kart on the snes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

I'm the first to admit I'm not the best at explaining myself; I'll put it like this:

Say you've been playing Mario Kart on your Snes for ten hours straight, have finished every level and still fancy some game that's pretty much the same - Street Racer :o

The same type mode 7 type graphics as Mario Kart but not as good quality but sure the closest game I've seen on the Snes. If there is something closer to Mario Kart I would genuinely love to know people!! Can't say I've played every Snes game out there...

Something I remembered about Street Racer on the SNES was that you always started the next race at the opposite end of the pack (so if you won the race you would start the next one in last place). In Mario Kart you start the next race in the same position that you finished the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Shadowrun
    Megaman X
    Contra 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Mortal Kombat
    Naah don't bother... without the blood it's nothing... Doesn't even deserve the K in Kombat

Mortal Kombat was pants, blood or not.

Advertisement