Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what offers are people hoping for in round two on friday

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Lets discuss here :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

English and history or journalism and media in UL....

There's no chance they're gonna come down tho....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

wats your points?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sam1990

l6/7 computing in it tallaght. i got 200 points and they both went up to 215 first round this year :mad: l6 was 110/l7 was 155 last year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I need Science at UCD to drop by 30 points.

I won't be holding my breath.

you have any backup options gallows incase you the points for science dont drop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

social science in UCD to drop back down to 390, which it was last year and decided to up by 5 points when i got exactly 390!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd like Medicine in UCD to come down by 2 points, but it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

logic123 wrote: »
    you have any backup options gallows incase you the points for science dont drop?
    I did get an offer at DIT, but it's just not the course I want so I think I'll repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robdrog

Introduce more nursing places :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My little sister is hoping to get Dental nursing in Trinity.

She has 355 pts.
    Last year it was 335*. This year, R1 it went up to 370*.

Anyone any thoughts on whether you think it might come down or not.

It is a 2 yr diploma course (is that Level 6 or something? I'm old school!). So possibly some people who were offered it might also have been offered a degree course (Level 7/8??).

Fingers crossed for her anyway...

What you think people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

^ i think she has a good chance of getting it. Loads of people would have stuck down that just in case. Eg, the dentistry courses are about 560 points. Most of them would have stuck dental nursing down 'just in case' and thats prob why the points went up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Need UCD Arts to come down by 5 points, but I don't know what's going to come with how unpredictable this year's points has been. If I don't get it, I'm not going to be tearing my life apart from the horror of it.

From First Round to Second Round, the days have been snailing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    Need UCD Arts to come down by 5 points, but I don't know what's going to come with how unpredictable this year's points has been. If I don't get it, I'm not going to be tearing my life apart from the horror of it.

From First Round to Second Round, the days have been snailing along.

I would think there's a great chance of you getting it, it's a very big course

ive applied to neuroscience. Im an A level student and got 580 points.

Ive had an email from admissions saying they will offer me neuroscience :) so that must be a positive sign, i hope there no lying lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

amdublin wrote: »

She has 355 pts.

It is a 2 yr diploma course (is that Level 6 or something? I'm old school!). So possibly some people who were offered it might also have been offered a degree course (Level 7/8??).

Fingers crossed for her anyway...

What you think people?
    i had it down as my first choice as level 7/level 6.
    i got offered it but didnt accept due to accepting my level 8 course, so at least thats one person out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Well I need Russian and Ohilosophy to drop by about 160 pts and Eco wit Russian to drop be about 170 pts.

anyone tink I have a chance:D!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

leesmom wrote: »
    i had it down as my first choice as level 7/level 6.
    i got offered it but didnt accept due to accepting my level 8 course, so at least thats one person out:D

Well done!

Hopefully for her sake there will be more like you.

What level 8 did you get offered btw?

Well done!

Hopefully for her sake there will be more like you.

What level 8 did you get offered btw?
    midwifery ucd
    i had 435 so as i had it as my first choice on level7/6 and if im right about the way the points are set my points would have pushed it up,probably along with people applying for dentistry and dental hygiene.
    its quite possible she will get a place with people accepting their level 8 offers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

i only need a 5 point drop in 2nd round but i have a feeling i wont be getting it...ah well, PLC here i come!

leesmom wrote: »
    midwifery ucd

Best of luck as a midwife! That's brilliant.

Hopefully she will get it!

• Advertisement

i got 580 points for my A levels AAAB, i emailed admissions to see if i will get my neuroscience course and they emailed me saying i will get an offer for neuroscience, so should i still be worried for friday or can i say i have an offer :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

She has 355 pts.

There are no guarantees, especially with a 35 point gap ... that's big!!

That said, because it's a Level 6/7 course it is likely to drop more in R 2 than a level 8 course might, as you and everyone else has mentioned.
    i got 580 points for my A levels AAAB, i emailed admissions to see if i will get my neuroscience course and they emailed me saying i will get an offer for neuroscience, so should i still be worried for friday or can i say i have an offer :)
    Dude, we're not the CAO, so we can't guarantee you anything.

That said, if it's neuroscience in UCD, the points were 575 ... with 580 you should be fine, provided you met any other requirements.

I know it's a pain in the butt waiting when most other people got at least an offer in Round 1, even if not always the one they hoped for, but the best thing to do is to relax and try to keep yourself busy and distracted in the meantime.

You should be fine ... but no matter how often you ask here, no-one can give you an absolute guarantee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cGirl

You'll be fine. They said you have the place. Your spot is reserved, they won't suddenly extract the offer.

There are no guarantees, especially with a 35 point gap ... that's big!!

She has 355 so it is 15 points not 35. Still alot though....and as you said no guarantees etc. Just have to wait and see now!

Thanks for all your help so far!

tthought the points in UCD neuroscience is 475 not 575?

they are 475

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

She has 355 so it is 15 points not 35.
    Sorry! :o
    It is, my apologies!!

I'm really not seeing straight to-day!! Don't know why, I wasn't even drinking last night!

Actually, maybe that's the problem ... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I would think there's a great chance of you getting it, it's a very big course
    Hopefully.

Even though its a huge course I'm still getting quite nervous about it. I don't believe its ever dropped in the second round.

Sorry! :o

It is, my apologies!!

I'm really not seeing straight to-day!! Don't know why, I wasn't even drinking last night!

Actually, maybe that's the problem ... >_>

You're grand! No worries!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Billydog

I am hoping that Business and Management (410) or Accountancy and Finance (410) at DIT will reduce to 400 points. Not confident but I have my third choice International Business and Spanish (350) at DIT anyway

Advertisement