Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penn v Sanchez @ UFC 105?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

I went over for UFC 95 and Germany 99. Would've gone over to this too, but I happen to think the card is ****ing poo.

Unless the main event (assuming they can't make Bisping/Kang a main event and keep a straight face) is gargantuan I will be keeping my money firmly in my pocket.

This card screams more TUF noobs and booing Brits than 95, and I lost the rag at 95 with that **** to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,390 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Maynard wrote: »
    I went over for UFC 95 and Germany 99. Would've gone over to this too, but I happen to think the card is ****ing poo.

Unless the main event (assuming they can't make Bisping/Kang a main event and keep a straight face) is gargantuan I will be keeping my money firmly in my pocket.

This card screams more TUF noobs and booing Brits than 95, and I lost the rag at 95 with that **** to be honest.

er, UFC 95 didnt have a very good card but that turned out to be one of the best UFC Events this year. Even 102 didnt have a great card compared to 94 or 100 but it was also one of the best Events that was on

It's a matter of opinion what consists of good/crap cards obviously...Personally I think the card for 95 was stronger than 105 (Marquardt, Stevenson, Maia, Sanchez) is, and I thought the 102 card was totally stacked. Loved every fight on that televised card.

Also I don't buy this "when the card is ****ty, the fights are deadly" and "when the card is great the fights are crappy"

It's spouted a lot and I think it lets BS cards get away with it.

Personally, despite all the hype post-95, I was there and I didn't think it was great at all. Perhaps I got too distracted by all the ****ing @**holes that were booing all around me (until eventually a fight broke out because of some loudmouth pr1ck) and the generally disgracefully bad atmosphere that was in the O2 that night...

But hey, that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Bought €13 flights a while back,delighted with the Penn fight until it was taken off. Hope they get a decent main event now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Il be going regardless of the card, sick of people complaining about it to be honest. Few fights on it that i really want to see, ya cant have the brocks and gsp's the whole time.. Guaranteed it will be a great night of fights, always is when the card seems weaker than previous ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

gravity12 wrote: »

105 is now back in the "maybe" pile. Awaiting opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

Do'nt know if I should open up a new thread or not for this , but according to Bjpenn.com, he will be fighting sanchez in December at UFC 107.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

THis suggests that another network deal has fallen through for the UFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Could be little Nog v Henderson...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I really think BJ is going to run through Sanchez. At 155lbs BJ is unstoppable IMO.

The weight cut is going to cause Sanchez problems. He has said that he has not done it right before and im not sure he has it right yet. People say Sanchez will push the pace but when have you ever seen BJ not push the pace he always walks forward and puts the other fighter under pressure.

Will Sanchez take him down? I don't think he will.
    BJ has better boxing IMO.
    And on the ground BJ is better.

Im gutted I thought this would be on the English card but supposedly BJ doesn't want to travel.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Fromvert wrote: »
    Im gutted I thought this would be on the English card but supposedly BJ doesn't want to travel.:(

Bj wants to get paid. As a headliner, its all about the cut of PPV, which is alot smaller for UK shows

Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy to determine No. 1 contender for Georges St. Pierre

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16323/mike-swick-vs-dan-hardy-likely-to-determine-no-1-contender-for-georges-st-pierre.mma

This would be an interesting fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16323/mike-swick-vs-dan-hardy-likely-to-determine-no-1-contender-for-georges-st-pierre.mma

This would be an interesting fight.

Unless it's a tag team with those two against GSP, this is a total mismatch.

GSP would absolutely demolish Dan Hardy.

Although I can't see him getting past Mike Swick in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There is no no.1 contender spot in welterweight at the minute.
    Carwin is the HW, Shogun at LHW, Henderson at MW, Sanchez at LW

Welterweight just has a spot for next to lose to GSP.
    While I think most titles are now more secure than ever. WW is not moving unless there are big changes in the division.

I dont think Dan Hardy was the original scheduled opponent, apparently the other fighter was injured, not sure who.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

dunkamania wrote: »
    I dont think Dan Hardy was the original scheduled opponent, apparently the other fighter was injured, not sure who.

It was Hardy vs Dong Hyun Kim, he got injured so Swick was thrown in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Fozzy wrote: »
    It was Hardy vs Dong Hyun Kim, he got injured so Swick was thrown in

Correct, i see Swick winning this one pretty fast, never know though! I can also see the winner of this fighting Jon fitch before anyone gets a crack at GSP,I believe fitch is the best in the 170 division apart from GSP.
    And might i add this card is shaping up very nicely, not a list of big stars but a lot better than what peolpe have been crying about! Cant wait for it!

The number of lastminute.com matchups at this event is a bit disappointing. Considering the other fights are basically a platform for the Brit fighters from TUF 9.

I made up my mind about going anyway, and I decided it wasn't worth it. Going to hold out for better seats at the next UFC at the O2 in Dublin. This card has shaped up like an impressive Fight Night not a "full" UFC event IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

This card has shaped up like an impressive Fight Night not a "full" UFC event IMHO.

While I agree with you, I am looking forward to seeing Couture v Vera and Swick v Hardy. Although i agree with previous statement it is like a launching pad for TUF 9 fighters I am looking forward to seeing the bouts especially Pearson's. Bit disappointed that Johnson's fight was pulled tho

• Registered Users Posts: 14,390 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The number of lastminute.com matchups at this event is a bit disappointing. Considering the other fights are basically a platform for the Brit fighters from TUF 9.

I made up my mind about going anyway, and I decided it wasn't worth it. Going to hold out for better seats at the next UFC at the O2 in Dublin. This card has shaped up like an impressive Fight Night not a "full" UFC event IMHO.

well...it is on Free TV in America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

callaway92 wrote: »
    well...it is on Free TV in America

I thought all the english/irish events were on free in America. At least I think UFC 95 was too. Maybe I'm wrong....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Swick V Hardy could be a great fight. I thought Hardy really impressed in his last two match ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Lord Muck wrote: »
    Swick V Hardy could be a great fight. I thought Hardy really impressed in his last two match ups.

Yeah, not sure why so many people are writing him off against Swick. I don't think he'd have much of a chance against GSP but then I don't think Swick would either.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

wandy wrote: »
    I thought all the english/irish events were on free in America. At least I think UFC 95 was too. Maybe I'm wrong....
    UFC 95 was.Pretty sure 93 was PPV in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Mellor wrote: »
    There is no no.1 contender spot in welterweight at the minute.
    Carwin is the HW, Shogun at LHW, Henderson at MW, Sanchez at LW

Welterweight just has a spot for next to lose to GSP.
    While I think most titles are now more secure than ever. WW is not moving unless there are big changes in the division.
    T-K-O wrote: »
    Unless it's a tag team with those two against GSP, this is a total mismatch.

lol
    so true
    hardy v gsp
    swick v gsp
    none of these two would have a hope in
    hell of beating alves and i thought alves
    had a realistic chance of beating gsp given
    the way he destroyed everybody he fought
    up till that point
    I thought gsp was beatable up till that fight
    i think fitch would beat hardy or swick even

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Ulsteryank

I saw Swick&Hardy together doing a charity event for the U.S military, and now they have to fight? lol

All of the Fight Nights are on free in the states, if you have cable, on SpikeTV. The normal ones are about $40 pay-per-view, but a lot of the pubs play them. The only thing is you can't hear the commentary if you go to the pub.

Advertisement