Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

can someone reccomend a phone tracking app similar to seekdroid..(if i lost the phone or whatever)...

I have been using seekdroid for ages but I have multiple andorid devices now and they want me to pay $4 a month to use more than once device...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Have a look at Cerberus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Have a look at Cerberus.

Or even where's my DROID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'd like to recommend Aix weather widget. For anyone familiar with the very good yr.no weather app that takes it's data from the creepily accurate Norwegian weather... ehh... institute(?), well this is a widget that displays the same meteogram from that app, but in all it's handy widgety goodness. You can also have multiple meteograms (what, that's totally a real word), for various cities, if you travel a lot between places... or have recently invented a weather machine themed doomsday device and are running it through it's initial real world testing stage.

Oh, also, can anyone recommend me any other cool little widgets besides the usual weather, calendar, clock, social media stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Anyone know why have they removed categories from the Play Store? You can only see Top Free now where you used to be able to see Top Paid, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

SuprSi wrote: »
    Anyone know why have they removed categories from the Play Store? You can only see Top Free now where you used to be able to see Top Paid, etc.

No change for me, can see top free and top paid no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

draffodx wrote: »
    No change for me, can see top free and top paid no problem.

Weird. I even get it with the app on my phone. I can only see Top Free and Top New Free (and Trending), but nothing about the top paid apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

For a cool ringtone app google "audiko".
    Not available on the market so if installing make sure you have unknown sources ticked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Can anyone recommend an app to stop adware. I don't know where I got it or how to get rind of it but some adware keeps popping up adds on my phone offering me stuff. I think it may be slowing it down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

Can anyone recommend an app to stop adware. I don't know where I got it or how to get rind of it but some adware keeps popping up adds on my phone offering me stuff. I think it may be slowing it down as well.

AdAway seems to be the best one now I switched to it from AdFree and its better.

You need to be rooted though.

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    AdAway seems to be the best one now I switched to it from AdFree and its better.

You need to be rooted though.

thanks. New phone and havent rooted it yet. I will see what people suggest and if i cant find one without rooting I will just have to root it.
    Thanks for you help

Generally has to be rooted as the apps edit the hosts file.. Just like on a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Can someone tell me the difference between the FilmOn live TV app and the FilmOn X app, I can't see it, have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

jonny_b1 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the difference between the FilmOn live TV app and the FilmOn X app, I can't see it, have both.

I think Film On X is just an update with all of the channels working whereas I found a few bugs on the original app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Jetpack Joyride
    Fantastic infinite running game like Canabalt or Tiny Wing.
    The music is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Do you mean ads are popping up in the notification bar? Download air push detector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

BBC Good Food - Recipes

Quite a good app, with a lot of recipes free to download at the minute, supposedly will be 1.49 per "cookbook" soon.

Mixed reviews but I have found it works well on my Galaxy S2.

Do you mean ads are popping up in the notification bar? Download air push detector

Thanks got it sorted. I can't see aertv so i was told it was because i had no flash. I download swf flash and this is what was causing the adds. i deleted it and they are gone. thanks for the help.

Quazzie wrote: »

I think Film On X is just an update with all of the channels working whereas I found a few bugs on the original app.

Ok if I go to the Film X app it redirects me to download the Film On app :-) crisis over

Major Mayhem, top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Bad Piggies seems pretty good. Latest release from Rovio of Angry Birds fame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Major Mayhem, top notch
    That's work sorted for the next week. Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

What's the best free keyboard at the mo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Major Mayhem, top notch

Great game - hours of timewasting potential :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What's the best free keyboard at the mo?

think theres a trial of swiftkey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    can anyone recommend a music mixing app? something like this

Just for messing around at home with and the possibility to record my mix.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Does anyone know what's going on witt FilmOn TV? It stopped working last Friday and it wasn't available to redownload from Play store, but reappeared as a new download then yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

threein99 wrote: »
    think theres a trial of swiftkey

pay for it...it's bloody fantastic..
    I hated the default s3 one and downloaded swiftkey..love it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Blazer wrote: »

Swiftkey=excellent!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Blazer wrote: »

Yea its well worth the money , miles better than anything else on the market

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement