Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Editors single "Papillon"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jip wrote: »
    So your first options were to inflict serious damage on yourself rather than simply change the channel ? Are you sure that's your missus and not your carer :D

She had the remote control. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Very electronic-y... Dying to see what Editors will be like live next weekend in Dolan's. Really didn't like the second album until I saw them live. Then I fell in love with it. Odd how that can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The DJ played "Papillon" in Costello's last night - got me really excited about the Dolan's gig on Friday. Hope they live up to my expectations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Crackin live version here...so depressed I couldnt get tickets to see them in Limerick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

i have been listening to the new album the past few days they have a great new sound ,pity its only 9 tracks on the album do checkout the tiesto mix of papillon its class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Not long back from the Olympia gig and what a show! They played a good mix of songs from the 3 albums, and were on for about an hour and a half or so. Where does Smith get his energy? lol. Took a good few photos and video from front row so should have them up tomorrow when I get home :)

The support act, Wintersleep, were decent. I had only heard one of their songs before the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yeah, no wonder the guy is so skinny, he doesn't stop moving for a moment, great gig though.

Anyone know who's supporting in Limerick tonight? Is it Wintersleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Jip wrote: »
    Yeah, no wonder the guy is so skinny, he doesn't stop moving for a moment, great gig though.

lol, true that!
    RibenaHead wrote: »
    Anyone know who's supporting in Limerick tonight? Is it Wintersleep?

Wintersleep

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

last night was just amazing
    editors rocked the olympia there was a great mix of songs !!!
    i tink my self and about 4 others in hole place sang along to their songs from the new album they played,i got toms set list and his plec so thats another plus for me!!

10/10 top class

A V A wrote: »
    i tink my self and about 4 others in hole place sang along to their songs from the new album they played

So the band now know some of those that illegally download their albums :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ha ha ye they probly do ha but the probly know their real fans that got the album from itunes that was released early which is where i bought it and ill be buying the deluxe album aswell not ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADING it that has being released with 4 tracks added on to the album it says its out 12th october i pre ordered mine and it was in my itunes early . . . .and plus there stuff is on youtube aswell and there live shows with their new stuff have been on youtube since the middle of july you shud check it ou ;)

cheers

Don't mind me, I'm only slaggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Their "Escape the Nest" song.Just randomly listened to it on my itunes and its brilliant,Could swarn ive heard it before though.Was it in a ad or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

First came across them when they supported Franz in the point a few years ago. Thought the first 2 albums were top class. Latest is really growing on me day by day. They played an amazing gig in Dolans last Friday, best I've seen in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Sigh. Gutted I missed their gig.

New tune's ok. I quite like it, but I hope they're not going to get too distracted by the whole Joy Division to New Order transitional thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

There are loads of bands who are plugging in the synths and ditching the guitars these days. It always seems to be around the 3rd album...It's getting borderline cliched..

Advertisement