Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

i have a shed load of those experince things that take a new toon up to lvl 20 right away on use, i think i got them from some chest ages ago ive only ever used one of them and the rest will probably not get used, shame their account bound, or i could probably make a killing off them now leveling is a pta.

i still dont know how i feel about how the game has gone and is going, i kind of still play but not to the extent i was playing. i got to say though i do like the new backpacks you can craft, ive so far done a few of them on my toons that ive maxed out crafting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dorin

Just got UPC as ISP and somehow Trading Post is not working. Getting the net::err_timed_out error. If I`m changing for Tesco connection, it works just fine. Any ideas why this is happening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

dorin wrote: »
    Just got UPC as ISP and somehow Trading Post is not working. Getting the net::err_timed_out error. If I`m changing for Tesco connection, it works just fine. Any ideas why this is happening ?
    do you have a firewall on your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dorin

Well, firewall is on low and IPv6 firewall is on as well. I got them down, but no change. Though I did not restart the router after those changes as long I wasn`t asked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Edgey75 wrote: »
    i have a shed load of those experince things that take a new toon up to lvl 20 right away on use, i think i got them from some chest ages ago ive only ever used one of them and the rest will probably not get used, shame their account bound, or i could probably make a killing off them now leveling is a pta.

I'm hoping there's an update in the next while that will allow you to make these into "20 level ups" rather than "level the first 20 levels". At this stage, my 3 non-80 alts would be instantly max level if they let us do that. There was talk of instant level 60/80 scrolls a while back, around the 2 year birthday period, but it petered out.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping there's an update in the next while that will allow you to make these into "20 level ups" rather than "level the first 20 levels". At this stage, my 3 non-80 alts would be instantly max level if they let us do that. There was talk of instant level 60/80 scrolls a while back, around the 2 year birthday period, but it petered out.

more than talks, the link code is IN the game.

but yeah nothing.

It would be nice if they were +20 levels, but unlikely too, use them to key farm xd

more than talks, the link code is IN the game.

but yeah nothing.

It would be nice if they were +20 levels, but unlikely too, use them to key farm xd

ive used a stock pile of them up recently doing this netted some bl scraps a bl ticket and some rare dyes the rest was just boosts and such

ive used a stock pile of them up recently doing this netted some bl scraps a bl ticket and some rare dyes the rest was just boosts and such

I know, I key farm often enough, the bl chests are a bit better than they use to be.

Just no point holding on to lv20 scrolls "in the hope of".

I know, I key farm often enough, the bl chests are a bit better than they use to be.

Just no point holding on to lv20 scrolls "in the hope of".
    yeah that was my thoughts and they were taking up valuable space. i have a character for every class in game and atleast one each of all races.

keyfarming human poor street urchin even without a scroll it only takes a bit of running around queensdale, to get to lvl 10 now and be able to start the storyline, warrior or guardian fly through it. home instance kick the bandits heads in, go save the apocrathy place, go the bandit hideout, stop the doc poisening water, back to home instance kick bandits heads in, to the bank to drop your shiney key off and delete and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

keyfarming human poor street urchin even without a scroll it only takes a bit of running around queensdale, to get to lvl 10 now and be able to start the storyline, warrior or guardian fly through it. home instance kick the bandits heads in, go save the apocrathy place, go the bandit hideout, stop the doc poisening water, back to home instance kick bandits heads in, to the bank to drop your shiney key off and delete and repeat.

How long does that take, out of curiousity?

Not going to do it, but I'm interested nonetheless.

• Advertisement

How long does that take, out of curiousity?

Not going to do it, but I'm interested nonetheless.
    with scroll its 20 mins tops
    without scroll and a few hearts under a hour
    thats just doing it basic no messing about or using buffs etc
    you could farm charges by doing divinitys reach and such but thats too much hassle.

key farming is pretty worth while for the time it takes and can net some good gold income from doing it.

farming the new silversands or what ever theplace is called for the lost bandit chests is more worth while even after the nerf they did. ive made around 300 gold from them, if rng is with you you can make it quick but on average its 20g for a hours worth plus events if you get a decent server. ive had a few nice drops from the loot bags in the chests and from events, got bonettis rapier, and 2 other of the collectable exo`s on my first run and 26 twisters in a jar... since the nerf ive had less twiters thankfully but ive had a few more named exos. top end mats drop a lot from the bags along with tons of the assended crafting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SleeplessSteve

Anyone still playing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Just started playing

Just started playing

Was thinking about reinstalling it. Haven't played it since a month after launch, kind of a shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 taelor

Was thinking about reinstalling it. Haven't played it since a month after launch, kind of a shame really.

I would recommend to try it again. It has changed ALOT since then. Lots of new free content and systems in place

taelor wrote: »
    I would recommend to try it again. It has changed ALOT since then. Lots of new free content and systems in place

Ya I'll download it over night and give it a second shot. I really enjoyed the beta but the game seemed to be lacking something.

I'm back playing :)
    Had to stop because of college... and real life stuff...fecking real life :P

unfortunately due to not logging in, you'll have missed the living story chapters, they cost 200 gems per chapter to buy. You could party up with someone and play it through for the experience however you will not get any items or any achievements.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'll probably be jumping back into it with the expansion that's coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I'm starting to get back into it as well. All aboard the hype train for announcement this Saturday! :pac:

What would be a decent server to alt on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wouldnt mind getting back into this actually, its been about nearly two years at this stage since I last played it I'd say :O

What would be a decent server to alt on?

alt on?

they don't really matter with the megaservers. except for WvW.

Wouldnt mind getting back into this actually, its been about nearly two years at this stage since I last played it I'd say :O

Wow. A lot has changed in that amount of time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

delta36 wrote: »
    Wow. A lot has changed in that amount of time!

Two years this summer :/ can't remember my login details

Two years this summer :/ can't remember my login details

contact them, there was a huge thing with passwords being changed..and some blocked, due to hack attempts.
    (some passwords can no longer be used, due to being tried by the hackers. )

I'm sure they'll be able to help....maybe tell them the various emails you have and see if they have one on their database? might narrow down your login.

So ANet are really pushing the hype for this weekend. Double XP, and the game is going to be 75% off :eek:. I'm going to be a little disappointed if their announcement is going to be "only" about a new storyline for living world

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/this-weekend-guild-wars-2-at-pax-south-an-unprecedented-sale-and-double-xp-for-all/

Roll on the weekend :D

Just had too reset my password so I'm good to go :)

So, for anyone who missed it, fairly big announcement yesterday, long story short, expansion coming out, new profession progression, and new profession, to name but a few details.
    Arenanet seemed to have done a decent job of listening to the players, and the double XP this weekend was a nice boost as well!

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en

delta36 wrote: »
    So, for anyone who missed it, fairly big announcement yesterday, long story short, expansion coming out, new profession progression, and new profession, to name but a few details.
    Arenanet seemed to have done a decent job of listening to the players, and the double XP this weekend was a nice boost as well!

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en

I'm waiting to hear their plans for the mess they did with traits..otherwisenot interested in levelling a new class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 taelor

I'm waiting to hear their plans for the mess they did with traits..otherwisenot interested in levelling a new class

I think it was said somewhere on reddit from the after party that a dev (maybe Colin) mentioned they will be getting rid of the requirements on traits that they have at the moment. Thank god!

Advertisement