Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(500) Days of Summer

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I hate "indie" stuff and hated the soundtrack, tbh I think it was just getting to look at Zooey Deschanel so much that I liked it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

amacachi wrote: »
    I hate "indie" stuff and hated the soundtrack, tbh I think it was just getting to look at Zooey Deschanel so much that I liked it. :pac:

Was more refering to Hall and Oates, Smiths, Simon and Garfunkal, Temper Trap etc

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

starn wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing 500 Days of Summer. Deschanel, Levitt and the films director have also put this short music video together

They have made another music video

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

God I loved this film. Must dig it out of the Pile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Really did not like this film in the slightest. All the people going on about the non-hollywood ending... come off it,
    he gets the right girl in the end
    , that ending is nauseatingly saccharine sweet. A non-hollywood ending would of been if
    he got the girl of his supposed dreams and ended up miserable because she wasn't for him.

Instead it's your typical self discovery story of a guy learning about what he really wants in life and then going out and getting it with little to no resistance. The simple act of realizing what he wants is enough for everything in his world to suddenly fall into place.

This is my review of it a month ago:

Since then I've seen this picture and "(500) days of summer" was the first film that popped into my head

http://23.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ku2zunXNBH1qz9v0to1_500.jpg

Sorry for the bump but I only saw this last night. Anyway, usually I'm the first to be critical of indie hipster stuff, but I honestly saw none of that in the film. Not enough of it to bother me anyway.

I was floored by the film, I had put off watching the film for a long time as I didn't think I'd like it. That and I'm not a fan of Deschenal at all (it helped though that I didn't find her character likeable anyway :D).

The film was all about JGL for me, for a supposed romantic comedy he had me glass eyed at various moments (funnily enough the last film to have me like that was 50/50). The story is just incredibly raw at times and I found my surprised at how much it resonated with me.

Annoyed at myself now for putting off watching it for so long!

• Advertisement
Advertisement