Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to use an aeg in the rain?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Leftyflip wrote: »
    If it's raining and I want to go to a skirmish, I'm going to a skirmish, its only rain...

+1

Skins waterproof

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Thermo... sorry... but you're 15... your own or issued rifle? lol

As Rew and Lemming said, battle rifles get buggered... rusty, scratched... try keeping it clean out there...

I didnt say i let the working parts get rusty, but external parts do... it just happens.

Please dont try to tell me how to use a real rifle... ESPECIALLY when you have no experience yourself. 'Daddy's gun that was in grease for 50 years isnt the same thing.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Firekitten wrote: »
    Thermo... sorry... but you're 15... your own or issued rifle? lol

As Rew and Lemming said, battle rifles get buggered... rusty, scratched... try keeping it clean out there...

I didnt say i let the working parts get rusty, but external parts do... it just happens.

Please dont try to tell me how to use a real rifle... ESPECIALLY when you have no experience yourself. 'Daddy's gun that was in grease for 50 years isnt the same thing.:cool:

your are a condecending f**k firekitten! im 25 years old and have been a profesional soldier for over six years now, so if your going to tell me what i am and am not then please get your facts straight!!!! no experience my ass, i have been proficient with a firearm while you still thought your barbies were cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

thermo wrote: »
    your are a condecending f**k firekitten! im 25 years old and have been a profesional soldier for over six years now, so if your going to tell me what i am and am not then please get your facts straight!!!! no experience my ass, i have been proficient with a firearm while you still thought your barbies were cool!

Banned for personal abuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Its always an amazement of how off topic we can go, i mean like the answer to this threads would simply have to be, Yes, ah well sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

thermo wrote: »

I think with experience like that I'd go on thermo's advice. That trumps and airsoft experience. Thermo is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

hightower1 wrote: »
    I think with experience like that I'd go on thermo's advice. That trumps and airsoft experience. Thermo is right.

I see you didn't bother to read the comments made by FK about internals vs. externals then? Incidentally, both FK and Rew have "the experience" as well, both having military service under their respective belts.

So whom do you follow? person a? or persons b & c who say the opposite?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

wow so many ego and 'experiance' being thrown around

can i introduce a revolutionary new concept that maybe both are right? i know from my 'experiance' that surface rust can develop but any armouror worth his salt would not not leave it there and any service man worth there salt would know how to minamize the chances of rust developing, problem is the conditions of a deployment may not allow them to perform all the preventative work, seen firearms come back froma 6month tour with only paint damage, seen firearms come back after a 24hour exercise in wales with issues

both pov are right in there way and any bit of common sense would tell you that you could find examples to back up any view put forward hear

there is no black and white answer

all i know is if i had been court with rust on my service rifle i would have been beasted hear and back to see how far it was

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Why you all going on about army and real squaddies weapons? This is an Airsoft Forum after all? And without offending anybody surely if Thermo gets a ban then so does kitten? Telling him he is 15 and no clue etc etc--- I think or presume most people here have some degree of military expertise or the like and rust is rust simply put if your service weapon gets rusty you get ya f*&^%*n head beasted for being a lazy scruffy little tw@t. Answer to the original question yes AEG's work fine in the rain and no they wont electrocute you unless you have some major wiring problems!!!
    Im pretty sure the original poster was after wondering about the electronics part of the AEG's considiring electrics/water not a good mix??? real guns can live in water and sand and dirt and **** and all the rest of it but thats totally irrelevant as this is Airsoft not the bloody Military after all..
    Sorry but my 2 cents worth
    S..
    P.S. No disrepect to Kitten or Thermo I just think handing out bans is a bit much like?? No yellow card warning system maybe?? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thread closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Smokerkl wrote: »
    Why you all going on about army and real squaddies weapons? This is an Airsoft Forum after all? And without offending anybody surely if Thermo gets a ban then so does kitten? Telling him he is 15 and no clue etc etc--- I think or presume most people here have some degree of military expertise or the like and rust is rust simply put if your service weapon gets rusty you get ya f*&^%*n head beasted for being a lazy scruffy little tw@t. Answer to the original question yes AEG's work fine in the rain and no they wont electrocute you unless you have some major wiring problems!!!
    Im pretty sure the original poster was after wondering about the electronics part of the AEG's considiring electrics/water not a good mix??? real guns can live in water and sand and dirt and **** and all the rest of it but thats totally irrelevant as this is Airsoft not the bloody Military after all..
    Sorry but my 2 cents worth
    S..
    P.S. No disrepect to Kitten or Thermo I just think handing out bans is a bit much like?? No yellow card warning system maybe?? :)

1. If you have a problem with posts, report them. Don't try and moderate yourself.

2. There is a rule in the charter which states no personal abuse. Calling someone a 'condescending f**ck* is personal abuse. This is not something we take lightly and there is a 1 week ban for it. No excuses.

Now can everyone calm down and stick to answering the OPs question? It's fairly simple. I can't see the need to get knickers in a twist over this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement